Captured Predator on Display At CineEurope

Started by ace3g, Jun 13, 2018, 12:48:41 AM

Author
Captured Predator on Display At CineEurope (Read 49,216 times)

ELDERCLANLEADER

Azamultic , yeah I mean I still have faith that the movie will deliver, it's not a complete deal breaker for me , and judging my the trailer it does look better on screen , my logic is this is one of the friendly predators that gets killed and used as canon fodder, but we will see. Do I like the design though? No I don't , I hate it and I think it's just damn right ugly and boring. Not going to lie there bro !
    ;D

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: huntin8-t0n on Jun 14, 2018, 08:17:14 PM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jun 14, 2018, 03:42:47 PM
"Borgs" armor wasn't very tribal either

The armor itself wasn't really, but the overall design had its tribal touches. Same with Anytime.

Its in the details, but this new armour doesn't feel original, not in the sense as it's not like from previous movies, but lacks original ideas.

Yea, it can be said that it's for more serious and/or military type scenarios, and previous movies ony showed preds "having fun", but then it makes the first 2 movies lose credit.

Also, if hybridization is the main goal, so now no trophies and such... it makes the creature lose its background.

Why hybridization would prevent them from taking trophies ? We don't know yet if in the trailer they are talking about the whole species regarding hybridization, and Black has said on twitter that it wasn't the whole species that attempts hybridization.

And let's be honest, a pred can hunt for dna AND for pride at the same time, i don't see anything wrong with that.

skull-splitter

Quote from: David 8 on Jun 14, 2018, 07:00:27 PM
The statue is very pronounced in detail. It's like a giant Hot Toy and that's the point.

I trust in Larry Fong.
The statue is nothing like the suits in terms of detailing and finish.

Brzrkr

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jun 14, 2018, 08:48:14 PM
Quote from: David 8 on Jun 14, 2018, 07:00:27 PM
The statue is very pronounced in detail. It's like a giant Hot Toy and that's the point.

I trust in Larry Fong.
The statue is nothing like the suits in terms of detailing and finish.

I'm not arguing that fact. I'm saying it's a statue with pronounced detailing, that's all.

OpenMaw

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 14, 2018, 08:37:58 PM
And let's be honest, a pred can hunt for dna AND for pride at the same time, i don't see anything wrong with that.

Okay, i'll be honest. (Feels everyone roll their eyes as they detect an incoming rant.) It's a needless complication for their species on a whole if they don't make it clear this is a minority or a one off situation we're dealing with. The script didn't do that, and neither trailer has made that clear as yet  either. There's no "This THING is changing itself." It's "they" are doing this "they" are doing that. Shane Black, the cast and crew, can say whatever they want in interviews and on Twitter. I take what people say about their own movie with a grain of salt until I see the movie with my own eyes, because they are known to throw out misinformation, to make appeasing statements, and to be purposely vague.

K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stupid.

The original concept is so great because it's one of those easily pitched concepts that just works. As The Man Shane Black said himself "It's one of those ideas where once you hear it everyone says "Well why didn't we think of that?""

ELDERCLANLEADER

Openmaw I agree with a lot of what you said there buddy  .. damn who would of knew !  ;D

The whole honor concept is an integral part of what makes predator .. well predator to me.  Just like trophy hunting and no killing unarmed weaker prey is. There's a general sense of character at play , that keeps our galactic hunter unique and unlike all other aliens in mainstream , Sure I can get behind a few bad predators gone rogue , but it has to be explained right without sh*tting on what has come before and what we love about the The Predator so much. It's the same as the designs , there's too much playing around with things in the hope of being "original" , but the truth is your dealing with an iconic franchise , it can never be truly original , it's better to accept that fact , and start working with the designs that do work , than falling flat .

It might seem tiny , but it's these little bits of detail , why I love predator so much. The original designs were so unique and to me a work of art.

Still Iv still got to have faith though man !  ;)

bobby brown

Guys, You will always have the old predator films and lore, if you don't like this movie, screw it! :)

The only canon is your own head canon.

cheachea

cheachea

No Sugar Coating It.

I HATE IT

Quote from: Lionhart on Jun 13, 2018, 05:51:01 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, we are looking at Cyrax (Mortal Kombat)

Cyrax and C3PO had a kid together :

Hollywood

Which part looks like C3PO, exactly?

BigDaddyJohn

Probably the yellow touches  :laugh:

Huggs

I'm getting more of a Floyd Lawson vibe from that c3po. I don't see the relationship to predator.

Hollywood

Cyrax is already yellow though lol

The Snipes

This movie is going to be awesome. He doesn't look like Cyrax, he looks like a cop for Predators.

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 14, 2018, 08:37:58 PM
Quote from: huntin8-t0n on Jun 14, 2018, 08:17:14 PM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jun 14, 2018, 03:42:47 PM
"Borgs" armor wasn't very tribal either

The armor itself wasn't really, but the overall design had its tribal touches. Same with Anytime.

Its in the details, but this new armour doesn't feel original, not in the sense as it's not like from previous movies, but lacks original ideas.

Yea, it can be said that it's for more serious and/or military type scenarios, and previous movies ony showed preds "having fun", but then it makes the first 2 movies lose credit.

Also, if hybridization is the main goal, so now no trophies and such... it makes the creature lose its background.

Why hybridization would prevent them from taking trophies ? We don't know yet if in the trailer they are talking about the whole species regarding hybridization, and Black has said on twitter that it wasn't the whole species that attempts hybridization.

Preds can hunt for both, I agree. To be frank, I am not a great fan of the whole eu honor idea, the more times I watched the movies, I found it dumb, altogether with the whole society is built upon it. (nonetheless I enjoy reading novels and books just for fun)

I didn't say hybridization and taking trophies are opposite, they can go hand in hand. I'm just saying that the idea makes the creature lose its background, when not treated as an addition, but basics. The "earlier" predators (talking about only predator movies, no avp) had a visible attachement to their trophies, something that presented their affection toward the actions they performed and were about to perform.

If this visibility/feeling is lacking in the new ones, it leaves them with the hybridization goal (and inner feuds as seen in the trailer) The hunt and its importance seems to be lacking. And of course, it can be said that so many years have passed, they changed their ways too. Yes, but then again, the background built up in former movies begin to fade.

I'm not crying about this movie trying sg new and fres, I like that. I just hope that the new design and ideas won't try wash away eariler ones, but try to harmonize with them, I really want this movie to be good.

But this new design makes me feel otherwise.

Wweyland

The helmet is a bit too "busy" but the overall design is very clean.  Looks better from behind (the samurai touches).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed