Mercy or Prudence? How many people did you kill?

Started by predxeno, Nov 12, 2014, 08:33:45 PM

How many people did you kill on your 1st playthrough?

0 (Angel)
8 (25%)
1-5
7 (21.9%)
6-9
4 (12.5%)
1 (3.1%)
10< (Stone-Cold Killer)
12 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author
Mercy or Prudence? How many people did you kill? (Read 7,419 times)

predxeno

The game developers said in a game article that the "canon way" to play the game is to not kill any humans at all.  That being said, I killed exactly 10 humans on my 1st playthrough of the game.  I didn't kill any humans I didn't have to though, if they gave me a chance to run then I took it and tried not to take advantage of them (of course, sometimes they did something stupid and fired anyway which attracted the Alien and got themselves killed), but those humans that said things like "Let's kill her" or "I'm going to GET you" were as good as dead in my book and I had no problem whacking them off whether it was by maintenance jack or other means.

Darkness

I didn't kill any humans because I was trying to get the trophy. Got to the end of the game and the trophy never popped. I can only assume that it counts kills if you kill someone and then you're killed and have to restart checkpoint. 

Nightlord

Got through it as a pacifist somehow, that first encounter drove me nuts though and so many times I wanted to murder all of them pricks.  I smoke bombed, or got the alien to kill, anyone I encountered after that.

HuDaFuK

Zero.

(Because I wanted the trophy.)

robbritton

None. Never even occurred to me to kill any. Likewise, the advance publicity had made so much of how the Alien was impervious to harm, I didn't even try and use the flamethrower on it until in the hive. It's kind of sad I can't repeat the blank slate of that first go through.

Taxemic

First person I found I smashed them over the head with the wrench

predxeno

Lol, was it the tattle-tell girl who tried to get you killed?  That was my first kill and oh how satisfying it was.

Jango1201

Does killing a human include bringing in the alien to do the dirty work for me?

predxeno

No, the trophy doesn't require it and I had no problem doing that either though I was never so cruel as to throw a noisemaker in their unsuspecting direction; I always let them shoot first (if they wanted to) and have them seal their own fate.

Sagit

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 13, 2014, 11:54:33 PM
No, the trophy doesn't require it and I had no problem doing that either though I was never so cruel as to throw a noisemaker in their unsuspecting direction; I always let them shoot first (if they wanted to) and have them seal their own fate.

Did the same thing. But i shot three or four humans (mainly security guards).

Taxemic

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 13, 2014, 06:44:59 PM
Lol, was it the tattle-tell girl who tried to get you killed?  That was my first kill and oh how satisfying it was.

Yes it was. And yes it was.

Razz

Tried not to kill anyone but when people start shooting at you...

DiabloGuapo

DiabloGuapo

How many humans did I kill? Everyone! Seriously though, I think I directly or indirectly(summoned the Alien or waited until they summoned the Alien themselves) killed every hostile human I encountered. I remember the first encounter with the girl with the access turner and her three friends. I tried sneaking pass them a few times just to get shot. I lost my patience and decided to act like the Alien and hide in the air vent. Every time one of them would pass by the opening, I would bash them with the wrench and hide back in the vent until the coast was clear again. I always made sure that the tattletale was the first to go.

HuDaFuK

On my second playthrough and now I'm just killing pretty much everyone. The maintenance jack is surprisingly effective at cutting through a line of four guys in no time at all.

Brings wrench to gunfight, wins.

Xenoscream

On my first playthrough I didn't kill anyone. The only "bad" thing I did was release a working Joe which then went on a killing spree, I felt a tiny bit bad about that, but no much.

Second time around I was caught out in the open by a guy with a shotgun - I'd actually just saved his life from a working Joe but he seemed happy to try to kill me anyway so I was forced to gun him down.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed