Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 241,166 times)

Scorpio

What's next ahead of you? Is it the third Alien prequel?

That's in the works. My next film is one about the cartel.

I was a big fan of Alien: Covenant. I feel it was one of the more misunderstood films of the year.

Yeah, I think it was pretty good. It should have been much bigger, right? I was amazed, actually. It should have done better. It did fine, but it should have done way better. It was a good front path to the next phase. We're trying to pull away from the beast and go somewhere else with the story. There's a plan.[/i]

https://www.gq.com/story/ridley-scott-loves-the-stress-of-filmmaking

skhellter

David gonna finally create
the biomech alien, his perfect organism...

and other things, too.  8)

Gonna be good to move away from the fleshy aesthetics
that we've had... for way too many movies now.

Buttz

Buttz

Scott is has made the Alien uninteresting.

Maron

Maron

David is going to create the biomechanoid alien and there will be no fleshy proto aliens anymore?

Wishful thinking.

Why would Scott care about that now? He cares about AI now, not in this Disney Land creature as he called it. This guy is going to make  it bad out of spite, because he is a mean old man.

acrediblesource

Unscarified the Alien franchise and made it another sci-fi. They need to bring it back to horror again.
Quote from: Buttz on Dec 23, 2017, 06:08:00 PM

Gash

Salvaged it from endless generic runarounds IMHO.

Daszkowski

"There's no reason why 'Alien' should now not be on the same level for fans as 'Star Trek' and 'Star Wars,'" Scott told the Toronto Sun in a recent interview. "So I think the next step as to where we go is, do we sustain the 'Alien' (series) with the evolution of the beast or do we reinvent something else? I think you need to have an evolution on this famous beast because he's the best monster ever, really."
Read More:Adam Savage Goes Incognito in the 'Alien: Covenant' Spacesuit at Comic-Con — Watch

That response naturally led to a question about more "Alien" movies, and Scott was unequivocal in his response. "I would like to; they're crazy if they don't," he said. "David is a fantastic villain. I love what (Michael Fassbender) did in 'Covenant.' But it's f—ing hard, dude. We lifted 'Alien' out of a ditch and made "Prometheus.'"

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/12/ridley-scott-alien-star-wars-star-trek-1201910690/

reecebomb

Quote from: Gash on Dec 23, 2017, 08:09:31 PM

Aliens, Alien 3, Alien:Resurrection? or all of them?

Gash

Quote from: reecebomb on Dec 23, 2017, 08:46:37 PM

Alien3 has some interesting ideas so I admire some aspects of it, all the others just rehash Alien to lesser effect.

Denton Smalls

I hope we get the next chapter in 2019 if Ridley hustles after the cartel film.

reecebomb

Quote from: Gash on Dec 23, 2017, 09:19:46 PM

Alien3 has some interesting ideas so I admire some aspects of it, all the others just rehash Alien to lesser effect.

And Covenant or even Prometheus aren't? :D

Scorpio

Quote from: acrediblesource on Dec 23, 2017, 07:49:15 PM
Unscarified the Alien franchise and made it another sci-fi. They need to bring it back to horror again.

The backburster or medpod scene wasn't horror enough?

Gash

Quote from: reecebomb on Dec 23, 2017, 11:10:09 PM
Quote from: Gash on Dec 23, 2017, 09:19:46 PM

And Covenant or even Prometheus aren't? :D

They touch on the familiar whilst bringing in a lot of new ideas - what decent companion films should do.

Whos_Nick

Quote from: Daszkowski on Dec 23, 2017, 08:25:10 PM
"There's no reason why 'Alien' should now not be on the same level for fans as 'Star Trek' and 'Star Wars,'" Scott told the Toronto Sun in a recent interview. "So I think the next step as to where we go is, do we sustain the 'Alien' (series) with the evolution of the beast or do we reinvent something else? I think you need to have an evolution on this famous beast because he's the best monster ever, really."
Read More:Adam Savage Goes Incognito in the 'Alien: Covenant' Spacesuit at Comic-Con — Watch

That response naturally led to a question about more "Alien" movies, and Scott was unequivocal in his response. "I would like to; they're crazy if they don't," he said. "David is a fantastic villain. I love what (Michael Fassbender) did in 'Covenant.' But it's f—ing hard, dude. We lifted 'Alien' out of a ditch and made "Prometheus.'"

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/12/ridley-scott-alien-star-wars-star-trek-1201910690/

Lifted Alien out of a ditch only to bury it deeper with the prequels  ::)

Robot6

Make the Alien dangerous again. Don't do things like damned Xeno POV cinematography etc etc... No-one knows where it is until it's (probably) too late! Or if it isn't too late, escaping these things comes at the highest of prices! Get Alex Garland to make an Alien movie! Scott can Exec Produce ;-)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed