Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 244,049 times)

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: SM on Dec 14, 2017, 11:26:10 PM
I thought there was much more subtlety and ambiguity in his Prometheus performance.

Absolutely. Prometheus David was morally gray and paradoxical, Walter and David in Covenant were clear cut.

Covenant: "idle hands make the devil's workshop"
Prometheus' version of that line would've simply been "idle hands..."

Lindelof had his heart in the correct place.

Scorpio

The reason Prometheus David is different to Covenant David is something called "character development".

Biomechanoid

Character development is overrated.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 14, 2017, 11:51:32 PM
The reason Prometheus David is different to Covenant David is something called "character development".

Cool, I magically like his Covenant David performance now!

SM

Scorpio

Like it or not, at least he tried something different instead of just repeating what he did in Prometheus.

But by your posts it's obvious you don't like the film anyway.

BishopShouldGo

There's a lot of it I love. The opening sequence is magic, Billy Crudup & Carmen Ejogo & Amy Seimetz are all amazing, the score is unsettling, the Engineer bombing sequence is amazing, the David & Walter fight is awesome, the backburster sequence is great stuff(but not as strong as Kane's bursting or Shaw's C-section), the solar sail repair sequence is marvelous, all of the shots of the Covenant gliding through space are breathtaking.

Never has an ALIEN Alien film been so big and breathtaking(Prometheus I don't include because it's so radically different)... maybe the AvP flashback, or the Betty docking on the Auriga in Resurrection, or that wide Ripley 8 jump as she frantically ran.

kwisatz

Stop confusing people with your differentiated opinion.

sukkzz

monkeylove

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Dec 14, 2017, 10:26:21 AM
I think it will take some time for the prequels to be fully appreciated for what they are, much like Alien 3's popularity, which was pretty low at the time of release, but has risen to cult status over time.

It's probably because of other film versions of Alien 3. These two prequels, though, need major rewrites.

Alionic

Quote from: Alionic on Dec 14, 2017, 10:52:16 PM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 14, 2017, 10:11:55 PM
Not because of that lol.

There were just many male performances this year that were superior than David and Walter. And if Fassbender didn't even get nominated for his superior Prometheus-David 8 performance...

His performance was much more central to Covenant (therefore better) than Prometheus. If he were to get nominated for the David character, it would for Covenant.

lol wut? Central = better? That's not how life works.
[/quote]

You're evidently not too bright.

BishopShouldGo

That's one thing you're right about.

Scorpio

Quote from: monkeylove on Dec 15, 2017, 02:45:37 AM
Quote from: Denton Smalls on Dec 14, 2017, 10:26:21 AM
I think it will take some time for the prequels to be fully appreciated for what they are, much like Alien 3's popularity, which was pretty low at the time of release, but has risen to cult status over time.

It's probably because of other film versions of Alien 3. These two prequels, though, need major rewrites.

That's not entirely true.  Alien 3 was being re-appraised even before the Assembly Cut was released in 2003.

Biomechanoid

"Ironically, it is when Ripley discovers that she is harboring the new Alien Queen inside her—essentially her death warrant—that she is able to pull herself together and find a certain degree of purpose in what remains of her life. These are emotional beats that are more complex than the sort that are normally found in the main character of a big-budget sequel and Weaver plays all of them beautifully—she may have been nominated for "Aliens" but her performance here is arguably better.

Whatever one may think about "Alien 3" and "Alien Resurrection," they were works of vision and ambition by serious-minded filmmakers that had the misfortune to follow in the footsteps of two of the greatest films of their type and wound up to a great extent suffering from the impossibly high expectations of moviegoers."......rogerebert.com

Rudiger

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 14, 2017, 11:57:59 PM
Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 14, 2017, 11:51:32 PM

Cool, I magically like his Covenant David performance now!

And there was me thinking he was just a robot.

Deaconschristpose

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Dec 15, 2017, 07:25:55 AM
"Ironically, it is when Ripley discovers that she is harboring the new Alien Queen inside her—essentially her death warrant—that she is able to pull herself together and find a certain degree of purpose in what remains of her life. These are emotional beats that are more complex than the sort that are normally found in the main character of a big-budget sequel and Weaver plays all of them beautifully—she may have been nominated for "Aliens" but her performance here is arguably better.

Whatever one may think about "Alien 3" and "Alien Resurrection," they were works of vision and ambition by serious-minded filmmakers that had the misfortune to follow in the footsteps of two of the greatest films of their type and wound up to a great extent suffering from the impossibly high expectations of moviegoers."......rogerebert.com

This is so good. Really flosses my brain from all the negative fanboy stuff.  3 is great, Res is what it is. Sigourney's reign of the character is a very special thing that definitely needs another round, whether it's Chappie or Blade Runner.  Mouse house will probably get it right.

And I actually think Awakening might get the budget it deserves.  People needed to stop blaming Ridley and put the heat on Rupert Murdoch. Have you watched his news channel? He's captured Mick Jagger's wife!  All this Disney aquisition shit is so predictable that I bet that big layout was part of a big Hollywood plan laid out years ago.  The Xenomorph has been at MGM Studios for a long time...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed