New Alien: Covenant Trailer On The Way!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 27, 2017, 08:23:31 PM

Author
New Alien: Covenant Trailer On The Way! (Read 29,542 times)

cliffhanger

@hicks,

i don't know if somehow i'm the only one and it has something to do with my cookies or whatever,

but last 3 links to the forum i've been clicking from the articles on the homepage lead me to THE PREDATOR instead of COVENANT page.

Anthony

Anthony

What did your cookies taste like cliff?

Fire Marshall Bill

Get ready for the negative comments to flood online about the new trailer. I won't pay them any mind as I'm already past the excited phase but trust and believe people are going to pick this trailer to pieces. The movie is gonna be great so it won't deter me any but I'm really worried people are gonna kill its potential before even seeing the movie with negative comments everywhere. Its as if everyone has their own idea for a perfect alien movie and nobody else's idea will ever satisfy their needs to enjoy the movie, so therefore really killing any possibility that they might enjoy it otherwise. I know everyone has their own opinions, but it seems to me some are hellbent on trashing the movie before it comes out regardless of what the trailer really shows. Am I wrong?

boomba

boomba

Anyone have the discipline to NOT watch it?  Me neither.   

echobbase79

Quote from: Fire Marshall Bill on Feb 27, 2017, 10:05:24 PM
Get ready for the negative comments to flood online about the new trailer. I won't pay them any mind as I'm already past the excited phase but trust and believe people are going to pick this trailer to pieces. The movie is gonna be great so it won't deter me any but I'm really worried people are gonna kill its potential before even seeing the movie with negative comments everywhere. Its as if everyone has their own idea for a perfect alien movie and nobody else's idea will ever satisfy their needs to enjoy the movie, so therefore really killing any possibility that they might enjoy it otherwise. I know everyone has their own opinions, but it seems to me some are hellbent on trashing the movie before it comes out regardless of what the trailer really shows. Am I wrong?

I'm sure there's going to be a lot of positive as well.

Most fans on this site are really looking forward to it and have enjoyed what they've seen and heard about it. The prologue was a big hit overall I believe.

Quote from: boomba on Feb 27, 2017, 10:12:13 PM
Anyone have the discipline to NOT watch it?  Me neither.

I'm not going to watch the redband, but I'll watch the greenband for sure.

Anthony

Anthony

I'm going to watch both of them. And likely most of the new footage that gets released after.

I'm a glutton for footage. I admit that.

N-Shifter

Awesome, got my tickets booked for "Logan" on Friday so hopefully this'll be one of the (no doubt many) trailers before it starts :)

Daz1999

I'll watch these then that will be it, if Prometheus is anything to go by they'll show the whole movie by the time the last TV spot airs, lesson learned....

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Anthony on Feb 27, 2017, 11:01:47 PM
I'm going to watch both of them. And likely most of the new footage that gets released after.

I'm a glutton for footage. I admit that.

Thank god I thought I was the only one around here. :o

D88M

smart move, and also about damn time, they need to be smart and promote this movie the right way, also wahat song were gonna use in that trailer?

Necronomicon II

I think it's clear that they were always going to attach a trailer to Logan, makes sense.

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: D88M on Feb 28, 2017, 01:32:43 AM
also wahat song were gonna use in that trailer?

I want the Alien and Prometheus trailer theme, but a theme similar to the one from the first two Kong Skull Island trailers would be awesome.

marrerom

Hopefully its better then the last trailer.

oberonqa

oberonqa

Quote from: Fire Marshall Bill on Feb 27, 2017, 10:05:24 PM

Frankly I wouldn't pay it any mind.  While we are a vocal community, you must remember that we are a rather small community when compared to the general movie-going audience.  So even if there is nothing but negative feedback here and on the Weyland-Yutani Bulletin... it's still small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.  I'm pretty sure that for every zealous fanboi that goes into cardiac arrest at the mere mention of the shower scene in the last trailer, there are at least two average movie-goers that got a kick out of seeing what appeared to be the classic Alien doing what the classic Alien does best (stalking and killing people).

TL;DR:  Who cares whether other fans love or hate the trailer.  The movie's success depends on whether the general audience eats the trailer up and wants more... not the fans who will see it no matter how much they say they hate it.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

What a great day, announcements for a new Alien Covenant trailer and shadow of mordor 2. Its great when you get unexpected surprises like that. I for one love the first trailer, I thought it showed what it needed to show to get us excited. Whatever they do for the second trailer im sure will be amazing, the look of this movie is spectacular. Ridley rules

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed