Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers*

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 17, 2017, 10:11:32 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers* (Read 395,321 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Especially the pilot chamber which is barely lit and only seen for a couple of minutes in the film. Though to be fair, it was slightly changed and used again for the entrance of the ship and we also see more of it in The Crossing Prologue.

Ingwar

Really great video.

Corporal Hicks

SM

Found this while looking for something else.  Tony Drew - set designer.

Darwinsgirl

Thanks for posting this!   5 Stars! * * * * *   8)

All the detail reminds me of Ron Cobb

SM

If only they'd had the weapons in the concept art.  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Jun 18, 2018, 11:42:11 PM
Found this while looking for something else.  Tony Drew - set designer.

Is that the right link, SM? It's Jeremy's Love's work, not Tony Drew?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkKfVuNnVY4/?taken-by=odd_studio

SM

Oops.  Yes you're right.  Tony Drew got mentioned further down and I got mixed up.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Jeremy's stuff is great! I know it's such a small issue in the long-run but seeing those Pulse Rifles in the lockers just makes me wish we'd have seen more care put into the weapon design in the film. I don't mean we should have had PR's but just something a little better dressed up.

The Old One

The Old One

Pulse Rifles wouldn't have worked for the tone or effect the weapons have on the Alien but I share your disappointment with the weapons being as dull as they were, using what's clearly old rifles.

Corporal Hicks

Just something with a bit of effort in it would have been nice. Hell, even something like this from the Prommy concept artwork -

The Old One

The Old One

Even that's currently cutting it a little close, I'd just have liked to see something that didn't look modern but wasn't in the same design language as the USCM, something more along the lines of the design language of the LAPD 2019 pistol or even Alien Resurrection would have been my preference.

MU-TH-UR 6000

Not exactly from Prometheus or Covenant but boy do I like the feminine shapes on this bad girl. This is probably what I'd like to see on the next one.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkPXgeHH1tw/?taken-by=carlos_huante

The Old One

The Old One

Can't say I'm a fan of the head shape or colouration but I adore Huante's other work on the Alien, which unfortunately was substantiated with more bestial versions in the final product. I'd love to see- any of his work make it uncompromised to film. The closest I feel we've got so far is the Covenant Chestburster. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed