Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers*

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 17, 2017, 10:11:32 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers* (Read 394,555 times)

locusta

Quote from: bobby brown on May 23, 2017, 03:03:15 PM
About the new Xenomorph.
It's a shit design I have to admit. There are things I like about it, The head & the hands but that's about it.
I think even alien resurrection executed their creature effects way better.

So true. It is actually looking like a Xenomorph would look like in Pirates of the Caribbean. It´s a zombie version of an ALIEN. The head is still ok and cool, not much invented with just putting some bones there, but ok. But the rest of the body is actually human muscle anatomy on a skeleton. WTF?!  Anyway, not an ALIEN in my eyes and not an ALIEN movie as well.

BonesawT101

I really like the design. How anyone could compare this majestic Alien to the turd in alien resurrection is beyond me.  ???

Biggles

If this truly is just a "missing link" that comes before the full Giger creature in Alien (as one of the crew stated), then I really like it. If it's meant to be it, finished, reimagined or whatever then it's on a par with the ADI efforts with their Pumpkinhead influences.

newbeing

Suits look nice. A step up from what we've seen in the past films, but still pales in comparison to Big Chap or even the Warrior Aliens. Would have been great if they could have kept more practical stuff in, but considering how well lit a lot of the scenes were, on top of the cost to build a full sized animatronic, they probably just decided to CG it all.

Tropical Xeno

People can we have someone who is  satisfied with anything of Alien Covenant, or we going to cry more that there is more CGI than practical effects until the next Alien movie lol, I don't  know how everyone has  become professional critics all of sudden it defies logic and common sense.

T Dog

As far as the Cgi goes the big chap looked much much better than the monkeymorph *cough* sorry Neomorph.

cliffhanger

Big Chap is legend.
I think he deserves an upgrade; let's call him 'Big Champ'.

Big Chap is still, the most terrifying thing, even after all that has passed and made.

RawMeat

Maybe legal reasons were responsible for the art direction not being "gigerish" enough, including the Big Chap. As Dane Hallet mentioned.

KiramidHead

I really don't get the fascination with turning the alien into a bipedal goblin shark.

Also, as far as the practical suits go, I didn't mind the CGI for the most part, but the practical xenomorph suit does look pretty good. The neomorph, though... the practical suit just looks like really rough, unfinished latex. The wrinkly texture is off putting to me, too.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Here are some pictures from The Art and Making of Book. I highly recommend it!

426Buddy

426Buddy

Liked the movie but im not digging the design of the alien.

They should have used the runner alien design  ;D

echobbase79

What about the design turned you off? I thought it looked to fleshy, but to be honest I don't remember the scenes that much at the end because it went by way to fast.

426Buddy

Quote from: echobbase79 on May 24, 2017, 02:30:40 AM

What about the design turned you off? I thought it looked to fleshy, but to be honest I don't remember the scenes that much at the end because it went by way to fast.

I didnt mind it so much in the film, but the bts pics really show the design in detail. I dont like how it looks like a literal human skeleton with some tendons left on. The head looks okay but the body looks like it crawled out of a grave . I like it better than the AR, AvP, and avpr designs though. It pales in comparison to the alien designs from the first 3 films,

Godzillakuj94

Really love seeing the practical Neomorph's mouth opening. It's goes from flukeman to a goblin shark.

acidreign

I really think the design was adjusted in Post-Production because the xeno in the movie looks different

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed