Prometheus ConceptArt/MakingOf/BehindTheScenes - MasterThread

Started by LarsVader, Jun 14, 2012, 12:34:13 PM

Author
Prometheus ConceptArt/MakingOf/BehindTheScenes - MasterThread (Read 219,664 times)

Corporal Hicks

Seems like his had originally envisioned something more along the low-fi, rather than the sleeker look.

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 21, 2019, 03:27:25 PM
This design actually looks almost "Steam Punk-ish", even has a large chimney on the back.

Which makes sense considering it's pre-Alien movie. Gritty, steam punk-ish as you mentioned. On the other hand Prometheus ship design was multi-billion space expedition hence this sleek look. I like both but stylistically speaking prefer original style.

No idea what's the deal about this napalm leak.

I didn't know that Scott was doing pre-production design sketches. I always though he only draws storyboards (aka Ridleygrams). I wonder how many other Scott's sketch ideas haven't been used in the movie.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 23, 2019, 08:20:09 AM
Seems like his had originally envisioned something more along the low-fi, rather than the sleeker look.

Yeah well, the Spaihts' drafts had the Magellan (instead of the Prometheus), an old beaten-up prospecting vessel. It would probably have fit in with that aesthetic.

Quote from: Ingwar on Sep 23, 2019, 02:05:50 PM
I didn't know that Scott was doing pre-production design sketches. I always though he only draws storyboards (aka Ridleygrams). I wonder how many other Scott's sketch ideas haven't been used in the movie.

Yeah he does it a lot though we rarely get to see it. That Lauzirika Prometheus documentary shows how he's always busy drawing sketches for the art department guys. In many ways, Scott is really the production designer on his films. The production designer on his films is just the guy who executes all Ridley's ideas.

Another one from Blade Runner showing that big yellow tanker from the film:

He did a sketch for the Prometheus rover as well. I'll get a screencap of that if I remember.

The Old One

The Old One

Love seeing Ridley Scott's process I probably watch the CDL's documentaries as much as the films themselves.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Prometheus probably has the best trailer and making-of-documentary of the entire series.

Pity about the film itself though...  :-\

The Old One

The Old One

Oh boy do I agree.

Baron Von Marlon

Just read Carlos Huante has a Prometheus artbook but isn't allowed to publish it because of copyright stuff.  :-[
He mentioned it in the comments of a video showing his It artbook. Now let's hope he shows the Prometheus book as well.

The Old One

The Old One

Ugh, that's a real pity.

Baron Von Marlon

Anyone here with an Instagram account who could ask for a video of his Prometheus book?

The Old One

The Old One

I do, but I doubt anything will happen.

The Old One

The Old One

I asked and he declined, I wish he accepted.

The Old One

The Old One

I did have a great conversation with him though about getting into concept art, nice person.

Baron Von Marlon

The Old One

The Old One

Honestly, I think the best stuff here got used for Covenant but most of the stuff just isn't right for the Alien universe.

Immortan Jonesy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed