Why did the Engineer stay in stasis instead of taking off?

Started by TomBrad123, Oct 03, 2021, 01:21:44 PM

Author
Why did the Engineer stay in stasis instead of taking off? (Read 18,031 times)

Stitch

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 07, 2021, 07:54:21 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Oct 07, 2021, 06:42:34 PM
I like the title of the thread, written in the format of a joke lol :laugh:

Why did the engineer cross the road?

To get decapitated by a door.
If both chickens and engineers cross roads, do engineers run around when they're headless as well?

Kradan

Well, since they were able to revive Engineer's had back on Prometheus I can't see why the lower part wouldn't be able to have a little adventure of its own

EJA

Nothing in these movies makes any kind of sense; they're laughable.

oduodu

oduodu

basically a lot of stuff that happened 2000 years prior to the weyland crew visiting lv 223 was written very deliberately to not make sense. lindelof is very good at this while keeping people interested. hence the series lost. i also like to speculate and its a great way to spend your time. but don't be expecting too much to find in the way of things making sense. the alien engineer script (the one before the shooting script) written by jon spaihts is worth a read and makes a lot more sense.

anyways have fun. just my 2 cents

City Hunter Yautja

It is possible the Engineer was put in stasis as a form of punishment, to neutralize him because he was part of giants wanting to wipe out homosapians. Of course that's with the interpretation that there were two sects of Engineers.

[cancerblack]

I like the idea of two or more factions within the Engineer species but no, I don't think that's useful in regards to this question.

SiL

Yeah, the movie made it pretty clear they put themselves to sleep.

City Hunter Yautja

Probably his stasis was suppose to end when they arrived at earth. I imagine what happened is  the Black Goo infected crew and everything went haywire like we see with one who decapitates himself. Thus the Derelict was unable to take off due to an emergency that we see the holograms and bodies representing.

EJA

Quote from: oduodu on Jan 11, 2022, 06:35:35 PM
basically a lot of stuff that happened 2000 years prior to the weyland crew visiting lv 223 was written very deliberately to not make sense. lindelof is very good at this while keeping people interested. hence the series lost. i also like to speculate and its a great way to spend your time. but don't be expecting too much to find in the way of things making sense. the alien engineer script (the one before the shooting script) written by jon spaihts is worth a read and makes a lot more sense.

anyways have fun. just my 2 cents

Hang on, he also wrote Lost??

Kradan

It's a commonly known fact, yes

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Why do vampires sleep. To stay eternal. Why were the engineers stacked on top of each other. Because they got infected by something. Why do engineers do stuff? 

Why do you  need to ask such existential questions about  things we already know nothing about?
Because: Boredom.

Immortan Jonesy

Since Ridley told us they grow wheat, imagine the delicious breads they make! 😍

Let alone the freaking amazing sandwiches 😋

Kradan

After all, Derelict is just a giant croissant

BigDaddyJohn

This is getting me hungry  :laugh:

City Hunter Yautja

Most likely the stasis Engineer was a back up, kept asleep in case everything "went to pot."
Another possibility is the Stasis Engineer  pit himself in stasis to avoid the outbreak.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed