Prometheus Blu-ray Bonus Content Preview Images

Started by ikarop, Oct 02, 2012, 03:37:05 AM

Author
Prometheus Blu-ray Bonus Content Preview Images (Read 81,208 times)

ikarop

Quote from: Vepariga on Oct 02, 2012, 05:20:16 AM
That chestbursting image looks disgustingly sick lol,I think I would have looked away if that was in the film. looks insane.

They call it the sexburster in the commentary.

The whole documentary is extremely interesting but there are some particular bits that got my attention. Like when one of the designers mentions that the Engineers worship the deacon as the "virus spreading" god. Or that the Deacon was supposed to attempt to chase Shaw at the end of the film. The Engineers' lifespan and more mythology stuff.

The amount of art is massive too. Almost every key comment is illustrated with unseen concept art, storyboards or script pages.

predxeno

How do you know what's in the commentary?  The DVD hasn't even come out yet.

Blacklabel

Early preview copy :) for reviewers etc. :)

Quote from: ikarop on Oct 02, 2012, 06:07:08 AM
The whole documentary is extremely interesting but there are some particular bits that got my attention. Like when one of the designers mentions that the Engineers worship the deacon as the "virus spreading" god. Or that the Deacon was supposed to attempt to chase Shaw at the end of the film. The Engineers' lifespan and more mythology stuff.

"Raises eyebrow".

Fascinating :)

Bat Chain Puller

Mister Scott! You are going down a road I can't follow!

Everything is beautiful. Truly inspired. Lets make some noise and send a clear message that it's OKAY to have crazy shit like this in a film!

Blacklabel

Quote from: ikarop on Oct 02, 2012, 06:07:08 AM
The amount of art is massive too. Almost every key comment is illustrated with unseen concept art, storyboards or script pages.

Is there even more "deacon" stuff in there? :P

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Very interesting about the Deacon.  That would explain why it or something like it is in the mural in the orrery. (Was that the orrery?) I was under the impression the Deacon was a once in a lifetime combination the Engineers might never have encountered before, as they'd never had the chance encounter of human birthing a trilobite and therefore a Deacon.  I got the feeling both creatures were more horrible accidents of genetics, side effects of misued bioweapons that David took home for Weyland, accidents of experimentation compounded onto the others that had befallen the Engineers thousands of years ago.  Or maybe they have had a trilobite and/or a Deacon around before, maybe the process and chain of events doesn't work the way we think.  It's all speculation.

I personally never had much problem with the Deacon.  I think people might be more charitable had we seen it in full action.

I think they'll likely take even more risks on the next film, as this one did well and kickstarted the franchise again.  From the perspective of a studio there's a lot to be said for risk management when you're trying to revive a dormant moneymaker - and when you've already taken major risks loosening its ties to the prior films, focusing in on an obscure element like the space jockey, playing with heady concepts and drastically reworking the original script, which was much more of an Alien homage package IMO.  Thus, taking it easier with stuff like practical Fifield, etc.  I think it'll just get more out there for the sequel.

ikarop

BTW not sure who posted this originally but this Moebius image can be seen in one of the walls in the art room: http://i.imgur.com/VYkB9.jpg

For those asking, the film has been on 'stock' at some online retails for a few days. Apparently it's common practice to sell these things ahead of release date. So people have already got early copies of this.

LarsVader

Quote from: ikarop on Oct 02, 2012, 06:31:37 AM
BTW not sure who posted this originally but this Moebius image can be seen in one of the walls in the art room: http://i.imgur.com/VYkB9.jpg

For those asking, the film has been on 'stock' at some online retails for a few days. Apparently it's common practice to sell these things ahead of release date. So people have already got early copies of this.
I'd conclude:

I NEED THAT BLURAY! But I don't have player, grrrrrrrr!
This stuff should have been in the artbook, which in my opinion was seriously lacking.

And how did this giant thing slip under the radar before release?

ikarop

Quote from: LarsVader on Oct 02, 2012, 06:36:38 AM

What do you mean?

LarsVader

Quote from: ikarop on Oct 02, 2012, 06:41:14 AM
Quote from: LarsVader on Oct 02, 2012, 06:36:38 AM

What do you mean?
The giant tower of a greenscreen set in the backlot of pinewood.
I wonder why no one managed to snap a pic of it back then, should have been visible from London millennium wheel.  ;)

ikarop

Ah! But there were other prop pics of the Derelict posted in late 2011. Also I even remember posting a set report myself of this very set piece: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=39492.msg1152104#msg1152104

LarsVader

Quote from: ikarop on Oct 02, 2012, 06:57:13 AM
Ah! But there were other prop pics of the Derelict posted in late 2011. Also I even remember posting a set report myself of this very set piece: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=39492.msg1152104#msg1152104
Oh my!  :o
It just totally slipped my radar.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Jeesus bejeezus this is all very cool.

Great concepts.  The worms coming out of the (decapitated?) head is pretty nasty, as is the sex burster.  Would've been cool to see those on screen.  Great posters too, like Gutalin's Paradise one, which took me a while to see the words.

Darth Vile

Without doubt that chestburster concept art is scary... it's a new take on an oldish concept. Only thing is that it's slightly reminiscent of JC's The Thing.

zuzuki

who is this?

female engineers?

and it seems they had a suited up engineer waling in the movie. i'm so sad for all the things that got cut up. can you imagine seeing a 2 and a half hour cut of the movie?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed