Iceland shooting info,Ridley: Giger is working on a major scene

Started by Darkoo, Jul 11, 2011, 04:27:32 PM

Author
Iceland shooting info,Ridley: Giger is working on a major scene (Read 25,107 times)

Terx2

Quote from: chrisr232007 on Jul 12, 2011, 12:54:45 AM
Could it be the jockeys showing the humans how they were created?

Or how the jockey's created the aliens and tampered with them.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 11, 2011, 11:34:15 PM
Sounds very 2001.

Maybe the Monolith looking poster that we saw earlier will rise from the ground and evolve the chestbursters into full-grown Aliens :D

Or mabye the evolution of the aliens or even human beings.

Valaquen

Kol

Quote from: Neon_Knight on Jul 12, 2011, 11:27:17 AM
Uh.  The beginning of the Earth isn't the same as the 'beginning of time'. Time has been around for far longer than Earth has.    Also, this sounds like "herp derp Space Jockeys created humans" or "Space Jockeys taught early humans how to do technology derp". Or even "Space Jockeys terraformed Earth for life". That tired idea has been thrown around SO much since 2001, hell even AVP does it. A bit of originality would do nicely here.  But I expect we won't get that.

nendo

yeh the title of this on the front page is miss leading. should it read beginning of the earth rather than time?

Corporal Hicks

Infected

Beginning of time could mean they terraformed the Earth to make it inhabitable for humans.

harlock

Or it could be that Ridley Scott has climbed higher up on his pedestal made of cigars and has finally turned into one of those people who say things like "transcendental" and speak in a whisper to make things sound more dramatic than what they actually are.
For once I'd like some info on the plot or insider scoops that dont have at least one line that makes me want to do this -  ::)

CainsSon

Has to be TIME DILATION. Ridley said it was important to the plot.
It must involve some sort of non-linear plot, if this is the beginning of time, the beginning of the film, involve main cast members and be at least 15 minutes of the film....
Im wondering if the characters know they are at the beginning of time.

harlock

Time dilation doesnt work like that. Thats Time Travel. Iceland probably is part of a montage that brings the earth's early days up to the point where we see the cast.

Time dilation would be them aging less by accelerating their ship to near-light-speed as they travel a fair distance in light-years. Zeta 2 Reticuli is 39 light years from Earth. The crew cant age 40+ years in the trip, so time dilation will explain that away. Its also something that very advanced tech would achieve - our current space shuttles wouldnt perform that way - we'd run out of remass for the thrusters, then supplies would run out for the crew.

DaddyYautja

Can we go back to when we didnt know if this was an Aliens film or not?
I liked that back then.

CainsSon

Quote from: harlock on Jul 12, 2011, 08:54:25 PM
Time dilation doesnt work like that. Thats Time Travel. Iceland probably is part of a montage that brings the earth's early days up to the point where we see the cast.

Time dilation would be them aging less by accelerating their ship to near-light-speed as they travel a fair distance in light-years. Zeta 2 Reticuli is 39 light years from Earth. The crew cant age 40+ years in the trip, so time dilation will explain that away. Its also something that very advanced tech would achieve - our current space shuttles wouldnt perform that way - we'd run out of remass for the thrusters, then supplies would run out for the crew.

Point. But Ridley mentioned Time Dilation being important to the plot none-the-less. What Im trying to say is, this is a 'new bag of tricks' to paraphrase Ridley. Time Dilation I can handle but Time Travel, Im not so sure what I think of that in an Alien film. Its very curious.

RagingDragon

I'm excited to see fan breakdown and the deluge of ontological debates on the Galaxy due to this, if they haven't started already  :D

harlock

Time travel would be something new to an Alien film, do the Jockeys have that power? I dunno, but tbh, I hope not. I know time dilation is quite boring, but tbh most people dont know too much about it and a film like this would push that kind of thing to the fore in a mainstream piece of cinema.

Bum Burster

Quote from: Pn2501 on Jul 12, 2011, 02:01:16 AM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jul 12, 2011, 01:48:39 AM
Tree of Life was absolutely profound. It was transcendent and spiritual. A perfect film.

Yeah in a strangely boring way apparently. ;)

I think there are films you have to watch knowing that you must take your time. Not just take your time, but be ready to be calm and go through it more or less peacefully, perhaps close to spleen.
I think it's a matter of some personal artistic jihad, somehow, to be willing to become purer by willing to sit through a film that is not about action but about a story that takes its time. You can't decide to rent the DVD and watch it. You must buy it, and then think quite some time for the right time, the right night for you to watch it. Preferably alone, without any pressure or stress. Perhaps even some headphones, being totally isolated. I think that's how some films really connect with the audience. Seeing them in theaters... nah, doesn't work for me. I have a collection of movies at home which I know I just couldn't watch in theaters, it's not the place for them. Those movies ask for strictly ad hoc experiences.

Pn2501

Quote from: Bum Burster on Jul 14, 2011, 02:38:06 AM
Quote from: Pn2501 on Jul 12, 2011, 02:01:16 AM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jul 12, 2011, 01:48:39 AM
Tree of Life was absolutely profound. It was transcendent and spiritual. A perfect film.

Yeah in a strangely boring way apparently. ;)

I think there are films you have to watch knowing that you must take your time. Not just take your time, but be ready to be calm and go through it more or less peacefully, perhaps close to spleen.
I think it's a matter of some personal artistic jihad, somehow, to be willing to become purer by willing to sit through a film that is not about action but about a story that takes its time. You can't decide to rent the DVD and watch it. You must buy it, and then think quite some time for the right time, the right night for you to watch it. Preferably alone, without any pressure or stress. Perhaps even some headphones, being totally isolated. I think that's how some films really connect with the audience. Seeing them in theaters... nah, doesn't work for me. I have a collection of movies at home which I know I just couldn't watch in theaters, it's not the place for them. Those movies ask for strictly ad hoc experiences.

i kinda wished id seen it on dvd, so many c**ts in the cinema talking, one woman was complaining about being sick in the space parts of the film, i was like STFU.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed