The Space Jockey

Started by Mystic Ninja, Nov 27, 2009, 05:00:05 PM

Author
The Space Jockey (Read 46,170 times)

Master

Master

Nah. I like to think that aliens were designed in war purpose but break free and annihilated Jockeys.

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: SiL on Jan 08, 2010, 10:21:10 PM
I'll go with Dan O'Bannon's explanation, that the Jockey set down on the planet, found some eggs in a cave, hoarded them up, and then got screwed over before take-off.

If that was correct then how does it explain why the derelict, the jockey and the xenemorphs all have the same biomechanical look?

I believe the ideas discussed in the link are more plausible

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Jan 08, 2010, 11:42:22 PM
If that was correct then how does it explain why the derelict, the jockey and the xenemorphs all have the same biomechanical look?
They were designed by the same guy :P

An "in-universe" explanation was offered by Ridley Scott - The Alien adds host traits together. So the Alien we see in Alien is part Alien, part Space Jockey, part human - Hence walking like a man and having a biomechanical look.

Which actually also would explain why later Aliens look more fleshy - No Jockey influence.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: SiL on Jan 09, 2010, 01:03:16 AM
Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Jan 08, 2010, 11:42:22 PM
They were designed by the same guy :P

An "in-universe" explanation was offered by Ridley Scott - The Alien adds host traits together. So the Alien we see in Alien is part Alien, part Space Jockey, part human - Hence walking like a man and having a biomechanical look.

Which actually also would explain why later Aliens look more fleshy - No Jockey influence.

This actually sounds like the best attempt at an explanation that i've ever heard.  :P

WeaN

WeaN

Quote from: SiL on Jan 09, 2010, 01:03:16 AM
The aliens from Aliens looked a bit different yes... still they also came from the Derelict (found by Newt's parents). So this doesn't make sense to me.

SiL

SiL

The Aliens in Aliens were still biomechanical.

The Alien in Alien 3 was less biomechanical than what we'd seen before, but was born from a dog from an egg that came from a Queen which was human-born, so it was diluted.

When they scratch-built their Queen in Resurrection the Jockey influence may have been lost, hence them being fleshy; the AvP and AvPR Aliens likely never would've been anywhere near a Jockey, so they wound up flesh-bags, too.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

Is that really how you view it?

Personally I never bothered trying to rationalise the designs after Res because the truth is they're shit purely because ADI suck and the people in charge didn't know what the alien SHOULD look like.

SiL

SiL

Eh, not really. But it's a better explanation than "Well, because."

Plus ADI don't suck. Don't know what made the Alien effective, sure, but from a technical aspect they're great at what they do.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: SiL on Jan 09, 2010, 03:52:27 AM
The Aliens in Aliens were still biomechanical.

The Alien in Alien 3 was less biomechanical than what we'd seen before, but was born from a dog from an egg that came from a Queen which was human-born, so it was diluted.

When they scratch-built their Queen in Resurrection the Jockey influence may have been lost, hence them being fleshy; the AvP and AvPR Aliens likely never would've been anywhere near a Jockey, so they wound up flesh-bags, too.

Queen no was scratch built, just repainted brown. In fact if they hadn't done it, she might have fallen apart.

SiL

SiL

I was referring to the cloning, not how they actually made the puppet.

Xhan

Xhan

So ka.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

I still think the Aliens should always be biomechanical, to be honest, none of this diluting stuff.

To me, it makes sense that the alien Facehuggers would have no traits from any hosts, and be 'pure' Xenomorphs, otherwise over time the genepool would get so diluted from generations of hosts that the aliens might become weaker, not even the same species at all.

And I concede on the ADI point, they're not bad at what they do, they just don't know what makes the alien most effective.

Master

Master

Well, A:R aliens makes sense. It is logical why they look, how they look.

EarthHive

EarthHive

Quote from: Puks on Jan 06, 2010, 01:59:02 PM

They were visually quite compatible with the look of the derelict. The pilot even looked as if he was attached to the chair/navigation post by a bio link of some sort. That fits the overall biotech feel of the vessel.

They knew how to paint.  Something else could have built the ship and was able to hook GPS to them.  I was having this same discussion with a friend about a Predator...were Predators smart enough to build their ships or did they take over some civilization and forced them into slavery...of course in AVP:R there was a kind of scientist Predator...so I don't know about that.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

well from a comic i read it had a Jock alien. This thing was Hug, bigger then a fricken ship! I mean if u think the queen is huge and bad the Jock alien is a whole other ball game!

anyways i would luv to see what the chest burster is like in the movie. Be cool to fight the alien although nearly impossible i think. (Shudders at the thought of the sheer size of the creature.) I mean so far all aliens are a couple feet taller and bigger then its host, as of seen in the movies and other sorces. so i think this alien is going to be big for sure, maybe too big for the movie but it would still be cool to see.

anyways what i really want is good alien movie like in the old days none of that Alien Res stuff.  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed