Guy Pearce talks Prometheus

Started by RoaryUK, Apr 05, 2012, 06:47:32 PM

Author
Guy Pearce talks Prometheus (Read 6,709 times)

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Ex-Neighbour's hunk Guy Pearce and star of Ridley Scotts upcoming Prometheus, on the BBC's 'The One Show' (6th April, 2012) hosted by Alex Jones and Matt Baker, talking about his new film "Lockout" which opens in UK cinemas on April 20th. He was later asked about his role in "Prometheus" in which, once again, he stressed that he's still swarn to secrecy BUT revealed not for the first time, the film isn't a direct prequel to Alien with a few suprises of it's own:

Video Source Link:

Cvalda

Quote from: RoaryUK on Apr 05, 2012, 06:47:32 PM
"People think this is an Alien Prequel but it's not, it's really a stand alone movie with a lot of suprises".
>:(

::)

Rush Hour Rambo

Hmmmm Alex Jones...

:o

gooner_no1

He had a sneaky grin on his face when he talked about, even though he seemed a bit uneasy when it was brought up.

Silly cow Alex Jones hadn't done her research as she said only a trailer for the trailer was available online!

Despicable Dugong

Quote from: gooner_no1 on Apr 05, 2012, 08:22:22 PM

Silly cow Alex Jones hadn't done her research as she said only a trailer for the trailer was available online!

Oi! Less of the abuse of Miss Jones. Or Charlie as she's known in Ammanford. She's a good Welsh girly she is butt and i'll not 'ave a word said against her. Do you really think she does the research for the show anyways? She's the pretty face and ample bosom, certainly not a researcher.

ThisBethesdaSea

Is that the only notable quote? Any more info?

Gash

Quote from: gooner_no1 on Apr 05, 2012, 08:22:22 PM
He had a sneaky grin on his face when he talked about, even though he seemed a bit uneasy when it was brought up.

No, I think she said he had appeared in something that wasn't the real trailer but was available online. TED Talk.

Valaquen

To add, AICN spoke with Pearce and he mentioned the TED talk:

QuoteNordling: It's kind of a big year for science fiction for you with this and PROMETHEUS.  Can you talk a little about that TED video that you shot?  I know you probably can't go into the movie very much, but I thought that was a really fun way to kind of have fun with the fans of the ALIEN films, and also just have fun with people anticipating PROMETHEUS.  How did that come about?

GP: I'm not sure who's idea it was originally, if it was Ridley's [Scott] idea.  I imagine it probably was, but they wanted to establish a sort of a back-story or some motivation for an audience to understand what Weyland's MO is, and I guess it was all sort of rolled up with a more contemporary way to market a film, and get some sort of additional aspects to characters out there online.  I'm not sure if the others are online yet, but there are some from other characters as well in the film.

Nordling: Oh? Okay.

GP:: Which I can't give away yet if they are not out there obviously.

Nordling: Right.

GP: So you know, it's a way of sort of having additions to what is there in the film just to add interest, and obviously this is a highly anticipated movie and for obvious reasons.  I think the marketing folks and Ridley are really tapping into that, and I think it's fantastic, because I think people are excited about the movie, and so to give them little tastes other than just a typical or normal trailer for the movie is kind of a fun way to do it, you know?

Nordling: Yeah. I loved it.  It was a lot of fun.  I'm a huge ALIEN fan. It's probably one of my top ten films of all time, so that's really...

GP: Yeah, I mean that's a great film, isn't it?

Nordling: It's great.  Did I detect a little John Hurt in your voice there when you did the TED video?  It sounds like you had a little gravely thing going. (Laughs)

GP: Not on purpose.  Not on purpose, no. (Laughs)  Maybe, I have worked with John Hurt before, but it certainly wasn't intentional, no.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/54835

RustiSwordz

Did i read correctly there are more backstory vids to come like the TED one on other  characters?!!

Valaquen

ChrisPachi

Yes there is an upcoming viral video for David that apparently stars Fassbender - Ridley let it slip in an interview. Here's where I read it: http://www.movieviral.com/2012/03/28/ridley-scott-talks-about-next-stage-of-prometheus-viral-campaign-in-empire-magazine/

Tangakkai

Has this been shown across the forum already?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZwx9AK7f6U#ws

ThisBethesdaSea

At the end he says "definitely, no question" but I didn't know what question he was responding to?

OpenMaw

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Apr 11, 2012, 09:47:09 PM
At the end he says "definitely, no question" but I didn't know what question he was responding to?

Is Prometheus going to be as important a Sci Fi movie as Alien was?" I think.

ikarop

http://www.fangoria.com/index.php/home/all-news/1-latest-news/6898-guy-pearce-talks-prometheus

Quote"It was great," the actor tells Fango. "I really wasn't there that much; it's not a huge role, so I came on board in the middle of their shoot, and was just there for about a month in the middle, I guess. But it was fascinating, obviously, because of the history of the ALIEN films and the connection with those. And it was great to work with Ridley, obviously; I've been a fan of his work for years. He truly makes the experience feel quite small and intimate, and very personable. You don't feel intimidated by the massive vehicle that it actually is. And just to clarify, it obviously is connected to the ALIEN films, but they're keen to say that it's not just a prequel; it's much more than that."

Considering that the actor plays Peter Weyland—presumably of the nefarious Weyland-Yutani Corporation that's a thread through the entire ALIEN franchise—it would seem he's directly involved in continuing that thread through PROMETHEUS. While he doesn't go into specifics, Pearce says, "Oh, absolutely. There's definitely a connection, there's no doubt about it, but I guess what I'm saying is this is not just, 'Oh, this is what they were doing before the first ALIEN film.' It delves into ideas and philosophy that make it a much grander scenario than a typical prequel."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed