AvP2 R-Rated Trailer Review

Started by Darkness, Aug 29, 2007, 08:32:06 PM

Author
AvP2 R-Rated Trailer Review (Read 14,425 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Hicks over at Alien Experience has done a great review of the R-Rated Trailer. Covers a lot of points including the positives and negatives of the trailer and what we learnt.

“The first obvious positive note about the trailer itself is the level of hardcore action, reaffirming the promised R-rating (hence the red band trailer). We see everything from a cop impaled through the chest by the Predator’s wristblades, to a skinned body hanging from a tree, to a girl being pinned to the wall by a Predator shuriken, to someone’s face melted off with acid blood, to a young boy getting facehugged! It would seem that this film has a little bit of everything you’d expect to see in an AVP film. About time.”

I agree with pretty much every point raised. Only major downside was the hybrid and the way it looks. I didn’t think I’d mind the dreadlocks so much but I think now they shouldn’t have been included. But maybe the shots in the trailer were bad angles or something. Also check out Hick’s Scene By Scene Breakdown. It’s a little more detailed than my version. :P

gameoverman

gameoverman

Thanks Darkness.  Planet AVP also did one.

Predalienslayer

Hope it's not a frame-by-frame analysis. It would spoil the suspense for me   :P  

R

R

BRING IT ON!   :o  

gameoverman

gameoverman

There is some interesting info Hicks put up.  Well worth checking out.    ;)  

Corporal Hicks

Yeah but Shipley's one blows balls. Well, it's that Gareth but they're all idiots over there.

D2

D2

The script starts exactly where the last film left off. The body of SCAR, the slain predator from AVP, lies in a place of honor onboard the Predator Starship. The body convulses. Alien chestburster pops out. And then in a matter of seconds, it grows to nine feet tall, and we see the Predalien. “Shiny, elongated alien head. A Predator fang-rimmed mouth. Alien jaws. Predator body. Alien tail.”  Damn that sucks becasue it seems like the script that was bashed badly by AICN is the one that will be made as evident by the trailer.  Sucks ass.

D2

D2

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=273040&page=63  read the script review somewhere there.  Seems like nothing changed.

Stealth Overture

Stealth Overture

Ive watched the trailer a few times and it seems like the same lame script, the acting's a bit dodgy, and the pred-alien looked good in the still released, but not in the movie with the dreds and big head. I really want this movie to be good! but im still not convinced.  I mean first time director's and t.v actors and a lame script, not much hope! but you never know?  p.s when is the U.K release date? Is it Jan 4?

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Well, he did hava a lot to say from only one 2-minute trailer, especially deducing a whole lot from it... I know, I do that too... But his whitewashing everything was a bit much...  We don't know if the dialogues will be good or cheesy, or if the acting is good or not, nor if the story has any lasting value or if i's only there to minimally contextualise the action... We don't know squat of what is really important in any movie..  So, I have to say that that review was purely fanboyish, hasty and quite partial take on the trailer...  Also, a trailer is just pure, utter advertising...it manipulates the shots, giving them a random order, manipulating scenes, like the scene where Wolf shoots his pistol cannon, and in the next shot, the Alien is hit, and the resulting acid eats away that guy' face... So talking about manipulation...  Moreover, how he rated it is ridiculous...So having a lot of spoilers, from most human characters' deaths and Wolf being impaled and impaling the Predalien, that give away and emptifies the characters' fate already, by removing any preceding tension to find out if they survive this or that situation or not, is only worth one point removal...  That pretty much shows how much of a fanboyish approach to this trailer he had...   ::)  

Paul Anderson

Paul Anderson

Look's well cool.

carnalien

carnalien

to me, the reveiw seemed as though it was just stating the obvious. but i still give hicks an A+ for effort, it is helpful to all those fans who have got a crap PC and cant watch the trailer, in other words....all three of u out there!

zen

zen

In my opinion,each movie with preds was good on its own.P1 was not equel to P2,same as P2 was not equel to P1,and how AVP was not equel to the others,and vise versa.Each movie is good on its own, and i hope that AVP2 is the exact same way.Who agrees with me?.(No,i am not trying to pick a fight,nor do i want one,i'm only just saying my opinion and asking the opinion of others.)

predator3789

predator3789

Does anybody know a link for the avp-r script, want to read it :)

Hicks

Hicks

Thanks for the plug guys.   ;)    Oh, and I hadn't actually read your trailer analysis until after I wrote and posted my scene-by-scene breakdown...it was only then that I realized there were sort of the same format. >_>  P.S. From what I'm hearing, we may not see the Green Band online, just in theatres.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed