Any news on Noomi Rapace?

Started by x-M-x, Dec 18, 2015, 06:56:41 PM

Author
Any news on Noomi Rapace? (Read 48,963 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 07, 2016, 08:33:07 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 06, 2016, 08:53:17 PM
Nah, Prometheus showed the alien in the mural so they couldn't have been made by man or David. Though I can see David sexing them up with a perfect golden blond hair. :P

I still don't think that's an Alien. It looks more like the Deacon to me.
I'm talking about the murals on the ceiling and not the one on the wall. Particularly the one holding the egg. Although that could be the same creature in the other ceiling mural.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I don't recall that one. Have you got a picture?

Primordial

Primordial

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 07, 2016, 08:44:59 AM
I'm talking about the murals on the ceiling and not the one on the wall. Particularly the one holding the egg. Although that could be the same creature in the other ceiling mural.

Yes, it is the same creature, if you take a close look.

Photos from the art book included. They are btw at the very beggining of the book with nothing mentionned, it is a silent scream to say : here is the creature to solve the mystery !!
If you play the game of taking the place of the filmmakers and you want to tell the audience, without explaining it explicitly, that the usual xenomorph comes from the black goo, how would you do it ?
You would make this creature and hint that it lays eggs as a lifecycle, and we would then deduct that infected eggs contains facehuggers. No ? ;)

The creature has a great ressemblance with the usual alien but it is not the alien, no need to mention the lack of the penis-shaped head, as well as the 4 petals egg on the ceiling which is different from the usual egg.

As for the crucified creature on center of the mural, there wouldn't be any point of showing it if it was only involving human/engineer DNA. On the ceiling, you have this xenomorph-like creature next to a human, so my bet is that those 2 are needed to create the crucified creature... unlike the Deacon.

Spoiler
Please someone give a name to them !
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That's barely visible in the film.  :-\

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

I am genuinely staggered people actually want Shaw to be the fossilised Jockey from the first film and that David has somehow created the Alien.

What an appalling idea that removes everything alien.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Jan 07, 2016, 02:14:51 PM
I am genuinely staggered people actually want Shaw to be the fossilised Jockey from the first film and that David has somehow created the Alien.

Indeed. That's my biggest fear. That they continue to remove the Alien and connect it more to humanity.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 07, 2016, 02:22:10 PMIndeed. That's my biggest fear. That they continue to remove the Alien and connect it more to humanity.

Ironic when Scott was so influential in having Hill and Giler's human connections removed from the original film.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

From what I remember though, that was Spaiht's thinking so perhaps without him that might start to abate a bit.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Sorry, by original film I meant Alien :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I know - sorry, I just sort of skipped over that comment completely with my reply and turned it back to Prometheus.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 07, 2016, 02:22:10 PM
Quote from: TheBATMAN on Jan 07, 2016, 02:14:51 PM

Indeed. That's my biggest fear. That they continue to remove the Alien and connect it more to humanity.

Well the idea of mixing biology with the mechanical is indeed interesting.

Spoiler
It is literally the status quo in Predator: Incursion with the Slug thing literally building a space ship.
[close]

This has been an implied tacit theme in the Alien universe since 1979.  The thing that is bothersome is indeed the idea that it all comes from humans (whether Engineers or our android David)  If it is the case that the Space Jockey was somehow a human or affected by a human android, I expect a severe backlash from fans.  Alien does need to be somehow literally Alien, i.e. foreign and unknowable.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I love the notion of the connection between biology and mechanical. I just don't love the idea of it being human biology. It's supposed to be alien.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 07, 2016, 05:08:05 PM
I love the notion of the connection between biology and mechanical. I just don't love the idea of it being human biology. It's supposed to be alien.

Yeah that about sums it up.

Primordial

Primordial

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 07, 2016, 01:04:54 PM
That's barely visible in the film.  :-\

Can't say the opposite, especially for the 'egg in hands' one... I suppose the filmmakers assumed the hardcore fans would pause, repause on their BluRay player and overanalyze the thing... and buy the artbook  :P

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 07, 2016, 04:58:51 PM
Alien does need to be somehow literally Alien, i.e. foreign and unknowable.

Anthropomorphism is the enemy.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

In my undergraduate work, I've been wrestling with the concept of eco-centric versus anthropocentric. The idea with the former is to "de-center" ourselves, to realize that we're part of something larger. This is something I think that Alien did really well as a film, while at the same time trapping the humans characters in an anthropocentric hell (the Nostromo) which was visited by the stark coldness and indifference of the big, nasty, weird universe.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed