Dark Horse Interview - New Comic

Started by Xenomorphine, Aug 23, 2014, 02:00:11 AM

Author
Dark Horse Interview - New Comic (Read 83,337 times)

saintssinphony

What I like more and more as this fire and stone series goes along is how some series appeal more to others and I think that helps overall enthusiasm and shows these comics were a good idea.  It seems if a hype train comes everyone is quick to jump off and obviously if a film/comic/book etc. sucks it will be mercilessly stomped upon especially in our fanbase.  Fire and Stone has led to some good talk between me and my friends, we all have different issues and storylines that we prefer and I think that is one of the best things about this series.  I also see the same talk on this board and others which I think means good storytelling and overall a successful attempt.  I'm so grateful this wasn't another xenogenisis outcome. 

Ultramorph

I agree, this event has definitely been quite successful so far in not repeating the mistakes made by past events. And you're right, it does seem to be getting some attention outside the traditional fanbase. I guess Prometheus really was the shot in the arm the franchise needed.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: worldpeace on Nov 21, 2014, 09:15:33 AM
i like the primitive weapons . but not totally excited about human and predator team up again .

Yeah...never been a fan of team ups BUT

Spoiler
I enjoyed Aliens vs. Predator Prey but I did so despite the team up, not because of it. That said, the team up in Prey was done reasonable well and thus it wasn't as cringe-inducing/laughable as 2004's team up between Scar and Lex

The team up in Duel was executed well too.

The team up in Three World War was horrendous. Marines and Predators clasping hands as brothers- in-arms? Please...

Galgo and Ahab is in my opinion a superior team up than Dachande and Machiko. I actually think team ups work better with a strong male human character. The two are obviously wary of each other and have no respect for each other. Ahab is using Galgo and Galgo is waiting for an opportunity to back stab Ahab.
[close]

saintssinphony

Quote from: Ultramorph on Nov 23, 2014, 01:03:21 AM
I agree, this event has definitely been quite successful so far in not repeating the mistakes made by past events. And you're right, it does seem to be getting some attention outside the traditional fanbase. I guess Prometheus really was the shot in the arm the franchise needed.

I'll say this also, I don't think fire and stone, alien isolation, and the new novels are a coincidence.  I feel whomever the people are that have say so in this alien and predator prometheus universe have taken the actual time to think things through a bit more and are trying to create a universe that makes sense no matter what medium a story takes place in.  IMO that is a guaranteed money maker.  If you have too much standalone material or material that doesn't make sense you'll miss out on revenue from people who say only movies are canon.  Sure people will still feel that way but weaving all this stuff together I feel will better attract new fans and mayble old fans who got pissed off at the inconsistency of past media tie ins.  I can only hope so.  I'm not even sure there is a person or people at FOX who make a some final decision on how this stuff should fit together but I like the direction things are heading.  I was reflecting the other day that it's been sometime since a recent game, comic book, and book all came out showing my favorite movie creature in such a way and that I was this excited to see the future of this franchise and I'm older now, but yet I feel like I did when I was young waitin to see what new things are happening to this universe and I can't help but be happy with this franchise again. 

Ultramorph

CBR has a preview of Predator #3. As usual, be warned of spoilers.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=24772

SM

SM

QuoteI'll say this also, I don't think fire and stone, alien isolation, and the new novels are a coincidence.

It isn't.

You'll continue find the name 'Joshua Izzo' popping up in a lot of the media.

happypred

happypred

I'm wondering...

Will they try to redeem Galgo? Or is he just going to be a character we love to hate? The way he did his partners over in Predator #1 was stone cold

SM

SM

Spoiler
And the other cold shit he did before that.  The only thing that would redeem him is to make the ultimate sacrifice.
[close]

Ultramorph

Just for fun I asked Sebela on Twitter what he thinks Elden sounds like, and his answer was:

Quote@xtop: @grnbrmdd12 different. Maybe the booming engineer voice through a t-pain microphone.

https://twitter.com/xtop/status/539528385089658880

So basically a mix between the Engineer and Ash after he's decapitated.

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Hey everyone, I have something neat to tell guys. I found the official Facebook page for Patric Reynolds. I asked him when the preview for Aliens #4 will be released and how far along he was with the art. He said that he got done with the art three weeks ago, and that the preview for the issue should be up soon. He also told me that some crazy stuff is waiting for us in the next issue!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php story_fbid=760548373981030&id=212322795470260&comment_id=760560423979825&offset=0&total_comments=3&notif_t=feed_comment

DarthJoker45

Comic Book Resources has a preview for Aliens #4. If you want to go in completely surprised, do not read.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: DarthJoker45 on Dec 10, 2014, 03:11:47 PM
Comic Book Resources has a preview for Aliens #4. If you want to go in completely surprised, do not read.

It looks like issue #4 will be quite intriguing.
Spoiler
I like how the speculation of about the mountain is heating up. I'm sure it won't be dealt with fully until Prometheus Omega, but it's cool nonetheless.

I like what Cale is becoming. There are definitely interesting parallels between him and what's happenig to Elden. The art overall looks great in the preview. Very dark and atmospheric. It's also nice having Russel as a character that is actually engaging, as a lack of such a character has really been hurting the AvP side of Fire and Stone.

Edit:
The idea that Cale is becoming more like a xenomorph because he was in contact with one when exposed to the black goo raises some interesting possibilities for some of the other comics. In AvP #3, Elden becomes a bit more xeno-like as the aliens tear him up. I am now wondering if he'll start taking on Predator attributes when he fights the yautja.
[close]

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 10, 2014, 08:44:08 PM
Quote from: DarthJoker45 on Dec 10, 2014, 03:11:47 PM

It looks like issue #4 will be quite intriguing.
Spoiler
I like how the speculation of about the mountain is heating up. I'm sure it won't be dealt with fully until Prometheus Omega, but it's cool nonetheless.

I like what Cale is becoming. There are definitely interesting parallels between him and what's happenig to Elden. The art overall looks great in the preview. Very dark and atmospheric. It's also nice having Russel as a character that is actually engaging, as a lack of such a character has really been hurting the AvP side of Fire and Stone.
[close]

Spoiler
I would have to agree about AVP. I think that what has hurt the AVP story is that there isn't a whole lot of actual aliens vs predator action going on. Most of the time has been dedicated towards Francis and Elden. I could honestly care less what happens with Francis. I really like Elden, but the Aliens and Predators are given second fiddle. Now, there was nice bits of actually aliens vs predator fighting going on in the second issue and somewhat in the third, but overall, they have been set to the side for Elden and Francis. Personally, I wish that Francis was left out of the AVP arc and saved for Omega . They could have kept Elden as his fights with the Predators are fantastic. They could have also kept the mutant predator. However, Francis should of just stayed out of the book because he just drags down the story and the action.
[close]

happypred

happypred

It's highly ironic that at a panel, Sebela said something to the effect of "what fans want most from AvP is aliens vs. predator fighting and action"

His work provides little of that

Xenomorphine

To be honest, I'm not sure why they've separated them into individual titles. It's one long story.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed