Trevante Rhodes Joins The Cast Of The Predator!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 05, 2017, 07:28:03 PM

Author
Trevante Rhodes Joins The Cast Of The Predator! (Read 43,043 times)

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 19, 2018, 04:44:23 PM
Maybe at the end of January with Maze Runner, in February or beginning of March with Red Sparrow, but this last option would be a bit late though IMO, leaving only 5 months of active marketing.

Maze Runner is PG-13, so I don't see that happening. Sparrow is the most likely choice, but maybe Annihilation, since it seems to be targeting the same audience as Predator.

What'd be really funny is if they attach it Fifty Shades Freed. That'd be so out of nowhere, and it is coming out on what was Predator's previous release date.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: AD on Jan 19, 2018, 08:32:03 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 19, 2018, 04:44:23 PM
Maybe at the end of January with Maze Runner, in February or beginning of March with Red Sparrow, but this last option would be a bit late though IMO, leaving only 5 months of active marketing.

Maze Runner is PG-13, so I don't see that happening. Sparrow is the most likely choice, but maybe Annihilation, since it seems to be targeting the same audience as Predator.

What'd be really funny is if they attach it Fifty Shades Freed. That'd be so out of nowhere, and it is coming out on what was Predator's previous release date.

It's possible, but i really hope it won't be with red sparrow, like i said it's only five month before the release date of the movie, and a lot of "event" movies have more marketing time than that.

Whos_Nick

It doesn't really matter what film it is attached to as it will appear online beforehand.

D88M

Too much talk, too little actual information, they need to get the hype train going or it will be a box office failure, why there is no marketing yet, i thought it was gonna be released this year? Anyway no hope in this movie

SiL

Because marketing campaigns these days don't start until about 6 months prior to release, otherwise audiences lose interest before the film is even out.

Hollywood

Hollywood

SiL is right. We are getting down to the wire for the trailer and seems like some (including me) are getting pretty impatient. Food for thought, though, no other August film has a trailer out as of today (The Meg, Equilizer 2, Scarface, and haven't heard of the rest).

Also:

Notable films coming out BEFORE The Predator w/out a trailer released as of today:
Mission Impossible 6
Skyscraper
Ant-Man 2
The Purge 4
Solo: A Star Wars Story
The Nun

EDIT: I'm no expert in marketing but it seems like nothing out of the ordinary is going on with The Predator.

von

von

Quote from: Hollywood on Jan 20, 2018, 03:26:37 AM
SiL is right. We are getting down to the wire for the trailer and seems like some (including me) are getting pretty impatient. Food for thought, though, no other August film has a trailer out as of today (The Meg, Equilizer 2, Scarface, and haven't heard of the rest).

Also:

Notable films coming out BEFORE The Predator w/out a trailer released as of today:
Mission Impossible 6
Skyscraper
Ant-Man 2
The Purge 4
Solo: A Star Wars Story
The Nun

EDIT: I'm no expert in marketing but it seems like nothing out of the ordinary is going on with The Predator.

Thank you both of you for pointing this out. I guess most of us are too anxious for the movie 😂

On a side note, Star Wars fans have more reasons to be worried about their Solo movie:

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/star-wars-solo/54643/star-wars-solo-where-s-all-the-marketing

EVIL the PREDATOR

EVIL the PREDATOR

I honestly don't know what to say , being a lifelong die hard predator fan since being a little kid , I'm devided , on paper the plot sounds so cheesy , but if the special effects are awesome then it might make up for it . One thing that really bothers me more than the gene splicing, which is bonkers , is the captive predators who are on our side . It seems those pictures of the predators using machine guns weren't the actors playing about after all . Why is fox hellbent on making the Stan winstons predator into some sort of bitch , like in predators when the original predator is killed of by the super predator , it should of been the other way round . It's just madness . Also with cgi really becoming a new form of art , isn't it time we start seeing a cgi predator , so we can get better viewing on how he moves and jumps about etc , I feel the guy in the suit looks dated now and limits what is possible on screen . I know some people will disagree .  Why they can't they get creative , imagine the predator in Syria , Iraq or Afghanistan, as he's basically a humanoid reptile , it seems to me that kind of setting would be perfect , I want  a predator film that feels authentic gritty and realistic . This film however seems like another slap in the face to our favourite alien and to our fan base and the great Stan winston , just like predators was . I'm surprised too as you would of thought Shane black would of realised the cult behind something he was originally involved in ... I'll still watch it .. but until a trailer comes out that wins me over , I'm geared up to be disappointed at this stage.

BigDaddyJohn

Shane Black will do what he always does : treat a subject in a subversive way, and i think that's what he will do with this movie. He loves to dynamite his subject matter from the inside, and that's part of why i love his work.

EVIL the PREDATOR

EVIL the PREDATOR

I disagree , you can't just go against everything that has gone before , certain things are fundalmental to the characters design ... gene splicing , captive predators gone rogue using human weaponry is a step too far , the classic predator is more than interesting enough and has a rich mythology. Why go against it when it's not broke? I'll admit my anger is more directed at 20th century fox than at black , as I reckon it's the studio that would of pushed for this plot .. but I can't help but think out of all the creative ideas they could of come up with , they choose the most dumbest story line they could possibly think of , as many have said why would predators splice their genes with its own prey ? It makes absolutely no sense . Why can't we have a true predator sequel that delves into the predator culture and why they come here in the first place ? Honestly I'm so glad fox don't hold the rights now , hopefully this will be the last bad predator movie , and Disney will give our hunter the justice he deserves .. fox simply just don't care about making a decent film .

Aza

I am a big fan of predator too(especialy the first two movies), but I do think that people take the movie franchises too serious. I am not a big fan of Black script, but I do believe in his interesting directing. Also Predator never was "Citizen Kane" or "Godfather" or Kubrick's film. the script for the first film was very B-movie like and didn't mean to be something, they really just got very lucky with people they worked with(talking about director, producers, actors and the whole crew members). So Hollywood can bomb it again or maybe we can get lucky and see a very entertaining movie. Again Predator was always about entertaining. 

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: EVIL the PREDATOR on Jan 25, 2018, 11:29:21 PM
I disagree , you can't just go against everything that has gone before , certain things are fundalmental to the characters design ... gene splicing , captive predators gone rogue using human weaponry is a step too far , the classic predator is more than interesting enough and has a rich mythology. Why go against it when it's not broke? I'll admit my anger is more directed at 20th century fox than at black , as I reckon it's the studio that would of pushed for this plot .. but I can't help but think out of all the creative ideas they could of come up with , they choose the most dumbest story line they could possibly think of , as many have said why would predators splice their genes with its own prey ? It makes absolutely no sense . Why can't we have a true predator sequel that delves into the predator culture and why they come here in the first place ? Honestly I'm so glad fox don't hold the rights now , hopefully this will be the last bad predator movie , and Disney will give our hunter the justice he deserves .. fox simply just don't care about making a decent film .

Initially there is a reason for gene splicing, but i understand it can't please everyone

EVIL the PREDATOR

EVIL the PREDATOR

I suppose you are both right, and I understand that something has to change with the franchise , and black and fox recognised this , however I just feel there's so much to draw from when it comes to the dark horse comics etc , that they could of used . I love the character more than the films , I know that sounds abit backwards , but out of all of the movies predator 2 is for me . I think it's Stan winstons design , it's so original. I just think he's the most interesting Hollywood alien that has been created, but yeah on second thoughts I think your right , when your playing with iconic franchises, there will always be winners and losers .. I suppose I'm in the losers club this time!  😂

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: EVIL the PREDATOR on Jan 26, 2018, 05:04:48 PM
I suppose you are both right, and I understand that something has to change with the franchise , and black and fox recognised this , however I just feel there's so much to draw from when it comes to the dark horse comics etc , that they could of used . I love the character more than the films , I know that sounds abit backwards , but out of all of the movies predator 2 is for me . I think it's Stan winstons design , it's so original. I just think he's the most interesting Hollywood alien that has been created, but yeah on second thoughts I think your right , when your playing with iconic franchises, there will always be winners and losers .. I suppose I'm in the losers club this time!  😂

I also think it's the most original/creative/badass creature ever brought to life on screen yes !

Jimmy Conway

Jimmy Conway

im psyched for it.   i just hope it isnt ironman/predator, with rediculous over the top flipping predators like paul anderson did.     like i hope the predator scenes are heavy and impactful like P1 and 2.   hope they keep it level with the action scenes.  i thought antal and rodriguez did a great job, but the problem with that movie is there wasnt "enough" of the predators.   but for me it belongs as part of the canon cause it was a good movie.  and character driven, with good performances by the whole cast.   when they are having fun on set, and it's well written, thats a huge thing, and good to hear these things about The Predator.   wish the title was something else though.   adding "the" at the front, is still the same as P1 lol    whatever lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed