New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 152,844 times)

Samhain13

Samhain13

#675
Quote from: JokersWarPig on Sep 12, 2019, 05:33:56 PM
If I could take the good things from Isolation, ACM and even AVP 2010 and force them to have a child, I would.

That would be one crazy 3 way. I'm actually glad you didn't mention AVP2, wouldn't want it to be even in the same room as ACM.

The Old One

The Old One

#676
Monolith's AVP, Isolation and even Infestation- exist on another level entirely.

Schrödinger

Here's hoping we see something in Jan for this title, or at least at the next E3. Kinda worried that it's been radio silent for almost a year.

Corporal Hicks

We know they're still working on it, fortunately. They replied to a comment on their Facebook confirming it.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 14, 2019, 08:41:28 AM
We know they're still working on it, fortunately. They replied to a comment on their Facebook confirming it.

The fact that an FB reply is the extent of it isn't exactly reassuring.

The Old One

The Old One

#680
No certainly not, but it's something.

Still Collating...

Game development takes time. I'd rather they don't rush it, stay focused and keep working hard.

The Old One

The Old One

#682
As CDPR says "Coming... when it's ready."

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 14, 2019, 09:03:34 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 14, 2019, 08:41:28 AM
We know they're still working on it, fortunately. They replied to a comment on their Facebook confirming it.

The fact that an FB reply is the extent of it isn't exactly reassuring.

Still better than absolute silence, me thinks.

The Old One

The Old One

#684
Yes, certainly- hopeful it isn't an ACM situation, I'll take Isolation or even Infestation please.

Schrödinger

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 14, 2019, 08:41:28 AM
We know they're still working on it, fortunately. They replied to a comment on their Facebook confirming it.

Well, at least that's something. Most I got out of them on FB was a "Sorry we are currently not hiring external QA personnel at this time." when I asked about that possibility. But I'm glad you said that. Not the most motivating place to get an answer on a game, but at least it's better than an "EA-Spill" or a "Hesitant Silence"like Starforge Alpha back in the day.   I'm gonna remain optimistic on it.

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 15, 2019, 09:10:43 AM
As CDPR says "Coming... when it's ready."

Yeah. Though we can trust CDPR with that. They got a decent set of games already that have proven that is their best method with maybe some annual showing here or there or vague hints. It works for them, and most people know CDPR is worth their weight in gold. If Cold Iron walks that path they got big shoes to fill. But I do hope that they can pull off what CDPR can. Would be nice to have another dev to support.

Quote from: Still Collating... on Nov 14, 2019, 10:40:27 PM
Game development takes time. I'd rather they don't rush it, stay focused and keep working hard.

No one said anything relating to rushing the game... Also, I think we all know game development takes time.

I think people just hope we hear something at E3 or at the 1 year mark... Hear something does not = Rush Dat Game Release...


[cancerblack]

Quote from: Schrödinger on Nov 18, 2019, 04:35:17 PM

No one said anything relating to rushing the game... Also, I think we all know game development takes time.

I think people just hope we hear something at E3 or at the 1 year mark... Hear something does not = Rush Dat Game Release...



Bingo

Still Collating...

I agree. Sorry, didn't mean for it to come across that way.

I'd also love to hear anything new from them, but I'm just a bit scared and untrusting of game companies at the moment. I just don't wanna be hyped up to an extreme amount and then disappointed. Any new info would be lovely, but from a cautious perspective I'd rather they focus on making a good game and when they're sure that they've got a good thing on their hands, then start the marketing and info dumps.

The Old One

The Old One

#688
After the last Alien shooter I'm more than cautious.

Schrödinger

Quote from: Still Collating... on Nov 18, 2019, 11:53:45 PM
I agree. Sorry, didn't mean for it to come across that way.

I'd also love to hear anything new from them, but I'm just a bit scared and untrusting of game companies at the moment. I just don't wanna be hyped up to an extreme amount and then disappointed. Any new info would be lovely, but from a cautious perspective I'd rather they focus on making a good game and when they're sure that they've got a good thing on their hands, then start the marketing and info dumps.

Ah I get you. Yeah. A lot of misinformation and overly-flashy trailers, and over the top marketing is being shown off too much.  People need to see proper gameplay, not "In engine" cinematics (Which IDK why people fall for that. In Engine doesn't mean squat when it's just a cinematic ad)). And goodness sakes they need to show more than just the normal drawl stuff. But even that is hardly trustworthy anymore (Looks at Anthem by BW/EA).  I'm gonna be blunt, I'm very "On the sidewalk" for this new Aliens Game. You can't make an MMOFPS Scary and tense cause you'll just respawn and lose nothing. I just can't see this being a good Aliens product unless they have some kind of harsh Perma-Kill system in place and a lot of CQC. Now if it was being sold as say a USCM: Bug Hunt game, they could easily get away with the MMOFPS stuff especially if they took notes from Bug Hunt (Book) and included various species from the universe. But that ain't gonna happen. 

Eh. I'm both excited but also pessimistic on this lol. I hope it ends up being a brutal and f**ked up experience as Alien(s) should be instead of another bad comedy or G-Rated Kids-Gambling game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed
Contact: General Queries | Submit News