Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,610,402 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Stanley looked good. I stand by that. Lack of biomechanics included. That upright shot of walking into the terraforming bay just creeped me the f**k out the first time I saw it.

Evanus

Evanus

Yeah that looked awesome. Wish we got to see more of that.

bobby brown

bobby brown

Just wish it was portrayed with a little bit more grace.

I hate how there is no proper reveal shot. It just jumps into frame and kills a guy.
perhaps they should have saved the "arm raising mimicry" scene for the adult instead.

judge death

judge death

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 07, 2021, 02:25:24 PM
Stanley looked good. I stand by that. Lack of biomechanics included. That upright shot of walking into the terraforming bay just creeped me the f**k out the first time I saw it.
Im curious of what makes just this scene of 2 seconds so good for you? :P

I didnt react that strongly to it, just see it walk and turn its head and being like alien isolation, found the scene when it was crawling in the corridor and jumping and attacking the camera more impressive and impactful. Didnt get the same movement feeling like big chappie in alien. Im just curious :P

kwisatz

kwisatz

Shot kinda reminds me of that Alien shot in Signs.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: judge death on Jun 07, 2021, 05:43:01 PM
https://64.media.tumblr.com/5f6c45db83ad1dfb9adcab7861b990d4/tumblr_oupat0JCUv1s2xbj9o2_500.gif
I didnt react that strongly to it, just see it walk and turn its head, found the scene when it was crawling in the corridor and jumping and attacking the camera more impressive and impactful. Im just curious :P

Just the way it seems so human there. The Alien is at it's best when it's not being an animal IMHO.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Frankly, that shot kinda reminds me of Isolation--the way it looks around and walks off while Amanda is watching it from a point where it can't see her.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

A lot like Stompy.

BlueMarsalis79

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Funny how if you look at the belly section it appears to have a huge dong hanging  :laugh:

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

This and a similar shot in the same scene are the only times the Covvie Alien really does anything for me at all.

SiL

SiL

The shot of it immediately before as it walks into the bay.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 07, 2021, 08:18:04 PM
Quote from: judge death on Jun 07, 2021, 05:43:01 PM
https://64.media.tumblr.com/5f6c45db83ad1dfb9adcab7861b990d4/tumblr_oupat0JCUv1s2xbj9o2_500.gif
I didnt react that strongly to it, just see it walk and turn its head, found the scene when it was crawling in the corridor and jumping and attacking the camera more impressive and impactful. Im just curious :P

Just the way it seems so human there. The Alien is at it's best when it's not being an animal IMHO.

Good point and agreed!  Like it's calculating it's next move.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Looks like it's coming home from work.

Spoiler
Bet that's why Hicks..
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 10, 2021, 10:36:34 PM

This and a similar shot in the same scene are the only times the Covvie Alien really does anything for me at all.

See, not just me!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed