Box Office Predictions

Started by Darkness, Dec 24, 2007, 07:46:56 PM

Author
Box Office Predictions (Read 7,850 times)

Darkness

Darkness

There’s an interesting article on ComingSoon.net which predicts how movies are going to do this week at the box office. There’s a lengthy section on AvPR.

Why I Should See It: It’s aliens... fighting predators! Need we say more than just repeat the title?
Why Not: The first movie really wasn’t as good as it could have been and the fact that its sequel isn’t being screened in advance for critics might be telling that the sequel is even worse.
Projections: Opening day should be in the $7 to 9 million range including midnight shows, and then figure another $8 to 10 million on Wednesday and Thursday and another $17 to 19 million over the three-day weekend–roughly $33 and 35 million in six days–but it probably will end up somewhere between $65 to 70 million total, maybe slightly more with so few other movies opening in the next two weeks.

Originalsin

Originalsin

as a huge fan of alien and predator, and having seen the last AVP, I believe this sequel will be way better

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

I hope this one is better but i don't know. I have a feeling this movie will have all the action + gore that the 1st film lacked but the 1st film will have the better setting + storyline than this.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

combine that with overseas and dvd sales, we will be getting AVP3 for sure.

Kinn Corn Karn

Kinn Corn Karn

It would be impossible for this to be worse than AVP. Only Alien Resurrection can sink that low.Nothing can touch that cinematic atrocity!

Wolfs Girl

Wolfs Girl

I'm just happy to see some more alien and predator action first and foremost, secondly I am hoping for a good story and good characters and good effects, and mostly just a great time specially enjoying watching Wolf's sexy ass in action onscreen. Woooopie!!!

Wolfs Girl

Wolfs Girl

make that Wolfs SUPER sexy ass in action. ;)

frakaster

frakaster

TO Kinn Corn Karn   AND THAT ALIEN VS HUNTER THING,... THAT THING WAS REALLY BAD, IT MAKES ANDERSON LOOK LIKE ORSON WELLES....

Ok7

Ok7

I hope, but...   >:D  

Starkiller

Starkiller

Including all overseas and the dvd sales this movie will make either the same or slighlty more than AVP   :D    But I only want AVP III If this movie is good and if its done rite    :(  

Starkiller

Starkiller

Im from the UK but I suppose if US fans flock to go see the wolf in action tommorow and this weekend the movie mite end up doing quite well    ;D  

ewhtam3

ewhtam3

i have a feeling this movie is going to do o k. the last one sucked like shit. it had like one f@$#ing action scene.   >:D  

Rafael S.

Rafael S.

The SEQUEL to be even worst than AVP.  This guys are f**king nuts.  How can a film be worst than AVP?

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Because 'Alien Versus Predator' might not have been as good as it should have, but people are kidding themselves when they claim it was never entertaining. We can all do lists of things it didn't do right, but if you're honest with yourself and freshly rewatch it, you'll also be able to come up with lists of stuff it did right, too.  Yes, one of those lists will be longer than the other, but that doesn't mean to say the latter won't exist.  I've been saying for a long time that this addition is probably going to do some things better and other things worse. That's just how these things tend to be.

bonafide1498

bonafide1498

Its already better than AVP, just from the trailers I've seen.   :D  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed