Peter Cullen did the Predator sounds

Started by nukem11, Sep 13, 2007, 07:51:28 AM

Author
Peter Cullen did the Predator sounds (Read 11,320 times)

Whiskeybrewer

I saw this video over the weekend. Loved it.

I only noticed his name in the credits recently. Optimus Prime has taken on Arnie lol

Thedutchpredator

Cool!!!

Vermillion

This is pretty cool

BigDaddyJohn

Great video ! I knew it was him talking in the end of the movie, but i didn't realize he did all the clicking sounds !

skull-splitter

Gold.

Corporal Hicks

I don't think I've ever actually read/seen/read him talk about this so it was new to me! Really enjoyed that anecdote!

Xenomorphine

Never knew about this! Perfectly replicates it, too!

Does anyone know if he was invited to reprise for the sequel?

Batalien

Batalien

I have been fan for so long but somehow never knew that he has voiced King Kong and the Predator.

TheBATMAN

Shame he still doesn't do it. We haven't had any decent Pred clicks since P2.

D88M

D88M

I was just watching this last night! For a moment i thought he was gonna do the sounds for the new movie, and i was gonna say "i think this is the first actual good news about this movie i have heard" but then i was like lol not so fast

Also, is awesome that he did this, because i thought all these years that those sounds were special effects.

DerelictShip

And I thought there was nothing left to know...

Shimmering Canopy

Who knew...! If I remember right, in one of the AVPR extras they mentioned how they lost the recordings or something, but luckily one of their staff (from the CGI dept) could do the clicking sound quite well, and so they used that instead.

Not bad I suppose, but can't beat Mr. Cullen :0) -Maybe they should pay him to record tons of pred sounds and keep them in stock for future occasions hhehe

Vermillion

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Apr 09, 2018, 04:35:03 PM
Never knew about this! Perfectly replicates it, too!

Does anyone know if he was invited to reprise for the sequel?
He is the sound.  No replication. [emoji39]

Beans

Beans

The guy who did the AVPR clicks for wolf was crap

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Shimmering Canopy on Apr 10, 2018, 09:33:57 AM
Who knew...! If I remember right, in one of the AVPR extras they mentioned how they lost the recordings or something, but luckily one of their staff (from the CGI dept) could do the clicking sound quite well, and so they used that instead.

I can't recall his name but it's definitely mentioned in the extras. I think Liam O'Donnell/Crom also mentioned him in our interview at the end of last year. They used to be roommates. Personally, I can't remember having any issue with any of the Predator sound effects following the first film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed