AvPR DVD Release Date

Started by Darkness, Jan 31, 2008, 10:48:23 PM

Author
AvPR DVD Release Date (Read 14,708 times)

Cellien

Cellien

..In this AvPGalaxy news article I mean.

ZEN

ZEN

JK:THANKS!!!   ;D  .

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

4 months....nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooo   :(    Oh well, at least we know it's coming :D...120 mil, wow. I didn't think it would go so high.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I think the collectors Tin will be a Best Buy exclusive in the US just like the Grindhouse Tins were.

killzonewithbladesandteeth

killzonewithbladesandteeth

hey Rob......ski when you factor in inflation AvP:R also probably had the lowest budget AND first time directors AND the backlash from AvP. Its doing just fine.Of course, we'd all like those figures to be higher to be certain, especially in the US, but 120,000,000 is pretty impressive for a first movie

Rob - - - - - -ski

Rob - - - - - -ski

killzonewithbladesandteeth: Yeah I agree it is a good job for your first film. But David Fincher did a better job with a better film domestically and overseas.   And the tickets sales shown how many people have seen the first films and make you wonder how many people would have seen AVP. Half of it's admission was from the first weekend. Better films have opening weekend gross and admission take a smaller fraction, a third, quarter, or fifth, showing how better they carry on in later weekends.

Danger Close

Danger Close

94 mins. that doesn't seem like the extended or directors cut.

Rob - - - - - - ski

Rob - - - - - - ski

To ZEN: If Predator was such a huge hit because people want to see huge stars likely meet their match with those excellent examples of out-of-the-world intellegences, then why didn't try it with the AVP movies. Imagine seeing Will Smith fending off aliens instead of the I AM LEGEND zombies.

shred predator

shred predator

because FOX doesn't want to pay high salaries to cool action stars, and Will SMith would suck in a Alien movie. The avp requiem dvd tin box might as well be called a trash can.

ZEN

ZEN

Rob-----ski:Okay ya you'r right   ;D  .

cockroach

cockroach

ok im crap at figures... so was avpr a box office success... ignoring the reviews & only considering cost of making the movie?  ps - calm down kids... its only a movie     ;)  

Steve-El

Steve-El

I thought it would come out on April 15th because that's when Predator also comes to Blu-Ray.

p-d.james

p-d.james

the release date in Canada is April 15 th according to www.videotron.com for AVP-R version DVD  (it's a french site ) ...so I think we will have this movie sooner then april 23

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

The tin is just funky packaging, we get them all the time at ezydvd and its about the same price, $30

davebhamuk

davebhamuk

What people dont seem to get is that in general the longer the series goes on the less it appeals to the mainstream audience unless they shake it up and add new things into the mix which they cant really do due to continuity.  I remember when I went to see The Lost World Jurassic Park and my friends at school when we came back from the Summer break said why didnt you just re-watch Jurassic Park instead of seeing The Lost World?  People dont see these films as having any story potential and just as special effects spectacles.  Hopefully the dvd will do well and maybe Fox will realise that adapting the original comic book story into an animated direct to dvd film would also sell.  I know we'd like to see that story in live action but they'd never do it because of the budget. So an animated film in the same style as the Spawn Animated Series would be a good alternative.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed