Physical strenght/toughness of aliens and predators

Started by The Kurgan, Jan 02, 2019, 02:17:01 PM

Author
Physical strenght/toughness of aliens and predators (Read 2,150 times)

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Iam trying to brew up my own skirmish/RPG game in the AVP universe and iam unsure of some physical attributes of our favorite monsters in relation to a human.

If a regular human has a strenght value of about 30 to 40, a fit human(like a soldier) about 50 and somebody who does extensive weights training a value of about 65-75, where would you place a predator hunter/alien warrior ?

Same thing with thoughness, normal human around 40, fit human around 45, maybe 50, and somebody who did a extensive amount of strength training and body-hardening exercises a value of about 60. Where to place the predator and the alien.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Shit, I think the newborn would be 2500 in regard to strength and 65 with regards to toughness.

The Predator is easily 200 in strength, and 400 in toughness. I mean the damn thing was still alive after being hit in the head by that dead-fall. Yea I think the ordinary predator is at least twice as strong as the strongest man and 5 times as tough. But really this is only a guess.

For the average alien, I believe they are hydraulically advantage creatures so yea I think they are ridiculously stronger than either humans or predators even with those skinny limbs. I'd put the alien at 900+ in strength and they can take small arms fire rather ok... so easily 500 there.

Then again I could be over estimating all of it.

SM

Strength around 100 and see how it plays.  What is toughness a measure of?  How much punishment one can take?

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Jan 02, 2019, 11:46:01 PM
What is toughness a measure of?  How much punishment one can take?

I think you're confusing toughness with marriage and careers in retail.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 02, 2019, 11:49:29 PM

And dealing with Voodoo.

SM

Only three posts in.  Must be a record.

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Jan 03, 2019, 12:01:13 AM
Only three posts in.  Must be a record.

Alright, fine.

Alien: Strength - 120
          Toughness - 160

Predator: Strength - 120
                Toughness - 180

proto leech

No way predators are physically stronger or faster. Their perks over alien are in tech and skill

and i dont think a pred can survive a lead bath or the freeze punishment from resurrection

Huggs

Quote from: King geedorah on Jan 03, 2019, 12:25:24 AM
No way predators are physically stronger or faster. Their perks over alien are in tech and skill

and i dont think a pred can survive a lead bath or the freeze punishment from resurrection

I'm an Alien fan all the way, but Predators appear to take gunfire somewhat better than xenomorphs.

SM

Depends on the gun.

I would imagine smart gun fire would have much the same affect on an Alien or Predator.

Local Trouble

Have we ever seen a predator batter down a steel door?

SM

A wood one and a couple of glass ones from memory.

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 03, 2019, 01:40:37 AM

Only to get away from Danny Glover, and likely again once he reached his ship.  ;D

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 02, 2019, 11:52:59 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Jan 02, 2019, 11:49:29 PM

And dealing with Voodoo.

I resemble that remark!

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 03, 2019, 01:40:37 AM

He slamed a metal table in frustration to quite an effect.

@ the 1:13 mark:

whiterabbit

I thought I was over estimating my numbers but the creatures are 8 feet and full of muscle or acid filled tubes of god knows what. They are a lot stronger at a base level than humans are just on sheer size. Both the alien and predator will be able to flip a car no problem. I mean chimps put us to shame as it is. Now imagine an 8 foot chimp.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed