Katherine Waterston Cast as Daniels

Started by hfeldhaus, Dec 17, 2015, 11:51:13 PM

Author
Katherine Waterston Cast as Daniels (Read 32,388 times)

hfeldhaus

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Dec 19, 2015, 03:13:24 PM
I would assume she plays a role of a character who doesn't live for all that long in the movie

She's been cast as lead apparently, if she is the lead she won't be dying till the end.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Dec 20, 2015, 10:14:50 PM
I would assume she plays a role of a character who doesn't live for all that long in the movie

She's been cast as lead apparently, if she is the lead she won't be dying till the end.

Well, there are all these words coming from somewhere but I just really need to see something a bit more concrete about this role she's in. I don't mean to be rude but do I really have to see her face all the way to the end?

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Dec 21, 2015, 12:26:39 AM
Quote from: hfeldhaus on Dec 20, 2015, 10:14:50 PM

Well, there are all these words coming from somewhere but I just really need to see something a bit more concrete about this role she's in. I don't mean to be rude but do I really have to see her face all the way to the end?

As long as her performance is up to it. I never thought Sigourney Weaver was good looking but that didn't matter. Noomi Rapace has divisive looks as well.

windebieste

This man says otherwise.

Nope.  There's no guarantee the lead actor will make it to the end of a Ridley Scott 'ALIEN' movie.  ...or even close to the end. 

-Windebieste.

hfeldhaus

Skerrit was big then, Waterston isn't. She's not a big name so knocking her off wouldn't be a shock moment.

windebieste

Doesn't change a single thing.

-Windebieste.

NickisSmart

Gotta side with Winebieste on this.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: NickisSmart on Dec 19, 2015, 08:03:01 AM
Another tough/cute brunette. I think it's safe to say what Ridley's type is, at this stage.
Not only that, it think it becomes incredibly boring and predictable for the Alien-related movies to cast yet another Ripley. I know, we havent seen anything of her or know anything about the character, but come on, this is getting so tiring now.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's a bit of a staple of the franchise. Doesn't mean they have to be the same kind of character though - and I'd be very pleased to see it not be. I'd rather not have another Ripley-lite.

HuDaFuK

While I don't know enough about Waterston or her character to really comment on how appropriate it all is, part of me does think it would be nice to have an Alien film with a male lead. Literally every one has had a female star, why not mix it up?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 21, 2015, 08:44:13 AM
While I don't know enough about Waterston or her character to really comment on how appropriate it all is, part of me does think it would be nice to have an Alien film with a male lead. Literally every one has had a female star, why not mix it up?

It'd be a nice twist on the head as far as Alien is concerned to have it - perhaps have 2 leads and then have the male survive instead. Regardless though, as long as the lead is actually well written I don't really mind what gender it is. I just want a decent character.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Make it an even bigger twist by casting a black male lead. No black man has ever survived an Alien flick before, it will be quite a surprise!  :laugh:

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 21, 2015, 08:48:25 AM

It'd be a nice twist on the head as far as Alien is concerned to have it - perhaps have 2 leads and then have the male survive instead. Regardless though, as long as the lead is actually well written I don't really mind what gender it is. I just want a decent character.

The only way a male lead will survive over a female character in an Alien film is if he is James Bond.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 21, 2015, 06:04:45 AM
Doesn't change a single thing.

-Windebieste.

Well if Alien and Prometheus are anything to go by the lead female character will be there to the end. None of it matters really.

windebieste

...and 'AvP', too. 

If anything, it's become somewhat a cliche now.  Even the last video game, Amanda Ripley was the sole survivor of her encounters with Stompy.

It wouldn't surprise me if Scott decides that this is a trope that needs to be broken.  Just like he deliberately broke the 'lived in and used' design philosophies of 'ALIEN' and 'Blade Runner' to adopt a much cleaner and modern aesthetic for 'Prometheus' simply because he'd done it before.

We'll see.  I'm not confident that we'll see any lead make it to the end of 'ALIEN: Covenant'; and certainly not convinced they will make it to the end of a trilogy.  Scott has very different ideas to what we expect - and he has been known to throw more than one red herring at the audience.  That's for sure.

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed