Alien: Covenant - Origins - Prequel Novel

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 30, 2016, 08:52:31 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant - Origins - Prequel Novel (Read 104,050 times)

Perfect-Organism

Very excited about this novel indeed.  More so than the adaptation.

I wonder if it will be considered canon..

a bit twitchy

a bit twitchy

I read Aliens before watching it as a kid. Couldn't put Alan Dean Foster's book down. This will be the first Alien universe book that's not a film that I'd like to read. Having Alan Dean Foster do it makes it the real deal for me.

Whiskeybrewer

This is fantastic news. So i guess ADF is doing, what Ridley probs originally planned as Prometheus 2 back when he had that idea, before he changed and went the Covenant route.

Im intrigued now to find out who's writing the Sequel novel

Glaive

Anyone thought that this 'Covenant' prequel COULD be the 'Prometheus' novelisation we never got?

Don't get me started on that Japanese version...all things point to it not being official...

426Buddy

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 12, 2017, 12:06:53 PM
This is fantastic news. So i guess ADF is doing, what Ridley probs originally planned as Prometheus 2 back when he had that idea, before he changed and went the Covenant route.

Im intrigued now to find out who's writing the Sequel novel

ADF is writing the prequel and the adaption, as far as I know there are no plans for a sequel novel.

Corporal Hicks

Not sure about that yet, Buddy. One was definitely on the slate and one is still listed on Amazon without ADF as the author. So we'll see.

426Buddy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 12, 2017, 02:59:20 PM
Not sure about that yet, Buddy. One was definitely on the slate and one is still listed on Amazon without ADF as the author. So we'll see.

oooo thats interesting, wonder whats going on there? A prequel, an adaption, and a sequel written by a different author.

Russ840

I am really excited for this prequel. I wonder if ADF will be using material and ideas that Ridley may have had but decided not to go with.

I am just listening to the audiobook versions of his Alien novelisation. Really loving it. Never read any of them before so once I am do I'll read or listen to the rest.

Perfect-Organism

The media is catching onto this, if not entirely correct...

http://movieweb.com/alien-covenant-2-book-sequel-release-date/

Ingwar

Ingwar

I understand the idea of Prometheus sequel book since Covenant will be released soon. Fair enough. But official sequel book to Alien:Covenant? I don't get it. Obviously (or maybe not?) this book will explore what happens after Covenant. What about the movie then?

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 31, 2016, 09:22:13 AM
Quote from: activistfangirl on Oct 30, 2016, 11:22:07 AMThat is very strange considering there was no Prometheus novel.

There was, but it only came out in Japan.

What's the point of writing Prometheus novelisation only in Japanese?

Infected

Ok so if its a sequel, then why?
is it Ridley isnt capable of doing two more or the story in between needs to be told but isnt movie worthy and so we can jump to the third and last movie, the budget Ridley will get depends on the succes of Covenant?
Curiosity

echobbase79

I hope Titan Books releases the prequel novel a week before Covenant comes out? I'd like to know the story of Shaw and David beforehand.

Anybody else feel the same?

BountyHunter

Well, logically they would release a prequel book shortly before the movie comes out.

Who knows if they will be logical, though?

echobbase79

echobbase79

For me it make sense to give the audience the back story before they can go into Covenant. I hope they do the logical thing in this situation.

Perfect-Organism

It may or may not be a good solution to release the prequel first.  It depends on how the movie is structured.  If the premise involves trying to figure out what happened to Shaw, then the prequel may be a spoiler.  But I would love to read it going in regardless...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed