Rumor Control: Emma Watson in Talks for Alien Remake via SundaySport

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 10, 2020, 12:24:36 PM

Author
Rumor Control: Emma Watson in Talks for Alien Remake via SundaySport (Read 8,804 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 11, 2020, 01:59:10 AM
Sigourney is 7" taller than Watson.

Doesn't matter. It's all about who you're casted against. Look at Sylvester Stallone, the man is 5 foot 7 (even though his reps and shoe lifts have tried selling him as taller throughout the years), but if you're cast against actors of equal height or shorter, you still look tall.

And speaking of lifts....

TStyx

I was interested for a second till I read it was in the Sunday Sport  :-\

Anyway I hate the obsession with Ellen Ripley (is it just an American thing to call everyone by their surname?).  Let her rest, it's a big universe, you would think someone else would have encountered them and survived!

Kimarhi

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 11, 2020, 01:33:05 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 11, 2020, 01:59:10 AM
Sigourney is 7" taller than Watson.

Doesn't matter. It's all about who you're casted against. Look at Sylvester Stallone, the man is 5 foot 7 (even though his reps and shoe lifts have tried selling him as taller throughout the years), but if you're cast against actors of equal height or shorter, you still look tall.

And speaking of lifts....

Stallone is more jacked than 90 percent of people alive.

Rankles75

There's actually less than zero chance that this is real.

Kimarhi

Quote from: TStyx on Aug 11, 2020, 04:02:24 PM

Anyway I hate the obsession with Ellen Ripley (is it just an American thing to call everyone by their surname?).  Let her rest, it's a big universe, you would think someone else would have encountered them and survived!

This honestly.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: TStyx on Aug 11, 2020, 04:02:24 PM

Calling people by their surname is big for military and some team situations. At my last job I was always referred to by my last name because there were multiple people with the same first name.
In the case of Alien, it probably has more to do with the fact that Ripley sounds more prominent than calling her Ellen. 

I agree with moving past Ripley's story and steering clear of the cloning concept. I'd rather see them go in the direction of Alien Isolation's story.

irn

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 10, 2020, 12:24:36 PM
Harry Potter stunna Emma Watson is set to take on another beloved franchise - starring in a remake of the Alien films. Emma, 30 , found fame as geeky Hermione in the schoolboy wizard movies and is now tipped to take over Sigourney Weaver as tough alien-killer Ripley.

The remake will see Watson travelling to an off-world colony that has been infested with the face hugging beasts who lay eggs which hatch out and invade human hosts. Emma plays an all-action version of Ripley, who has been cloned specifically to fight the aliens. It will be Emma's first action film and could set her on the way to being one of the best earning actresses of all time.

A Hollywood source said " There is a chance for Emma to catapult herself into the big time. Nothing has been set in stone but there is a lot of momentum behind this and if it all comes together it could be a huge hit. The last few attempts to reboot Alien have not worked out well but this back-to-basics screenplay about one woman versus aliens should definitely do the trick

That plot sounds so stupid that there's probably truth in the rumour.

Kradan

Kradan

Nononononononononoononononononononononononononononononononononononoonononooooooooononononononononononnoonnoonoononononononononoonononononon

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 10, 2020, 01:12:19 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 10, 2020, 01:10:35 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 10, 2020, 12:52:25 PM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/l2JJzAiFBakUXxP2g/giphy.gif

I actually would feel 0% shock if this turned out to be true.

Emma Watson is a great choice though, in my humble opinion. I'm a big fan.

May be an ok adult Newt though...

Very true, considering....

#NewtLives

;D

Admit it

Voodoo Magic

Tichinde

Newt is a time traveling predator killer yes.

T Dog

This is definitely a 100% true rumour that will come true and will be filmed and released into cinemas. 100%

Master

Hell, after The Predator it sounds plausible. She could have been cloned Ripley, while Sigourney  Weaver  is older Ripley 8 model. I'd buy that for dollar.

j0nesy

i think she would make an awesome choice for an alien film, but please, no remake  ::)

Immortan Jonesy

Assuming for a second that it is genuine and not fake. This whole cloning thing sounds like a reboot of some sort.  :P

I mean..Isn't a remake supposed to be faithful to the original?  ???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed