Rumor Control: Emma Watson in Talks for Alien Remake via SundaySport

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 10, 2020, 12:24:36 PM

Author
Rumor Control: Emma Watson in Talks for Alien Remake via SundaySport (Read 8,803 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 10, 2020, 12:52:25 PM
I actually would feel 0% shock if this turned out to be true.

It does kinda sound like the dumb-ass shit that Disney would come up with.

And it would probably make a billion bucks.  :(

On the very remote off-chance that this isn't a load of tosh - I wonder if this could then be Walter Hill's Alien 5 pitch that Sigourney Weaver declined and that they subsequently offered to Emma Watson?

But then again, can't imagine them offering Weaver an action heavy role better suited to a 30 year old.

judge death

judge death

Damn, my beloved franchise is getting worse and worse, and yes I can see disney easily do this and what I read in that text sounds similair to what they did with star wars: Half remake and half reboot to milk the franchise on money and nostalgia from fans and people who have heard about the alien franchise and will go and watch it with massive pr assault from disney:

Cloning ripley could easily work in the time frame of the old series, lets make an short and easy story: 100 years after alien resurrection weyland yutani has managed to come back and has now perfected the cloning process and have cloned ripley and several copies of her and moved the aliens to their science colonies and research ships, one of the ripley clones manages in a power blackout emerge and wake up and ends up battling the aliens onboard in a mix of action and horror with her and 2 others try to clear the ship from the aliens onboard. They in the end manage to suck out the alien queen and her hive with the airlock and then sets course to a colony which has sent a distress call.

Sigh, when I read that text and they are going for a female action hero and how they will pr it as the first female rambo and the ideas presented makes it sound like some of the worse comics tried to make ripley: ultimate alien killer and goes on adventures wiping out xenos left and right and make them seem like dumb insects.

And with disneys statement they wont release alien dvds blurays, material releases its clear they will milk the alien franchise and do what they did with star wars.
Some will love this but it ruins the franchise to me :(

son_of_kane

After Disney is through with Alien, Prometheus and Covenant will look like masterpieces  :laugh:

Kimo

Probably a bullshit article.. but if the ever give us another Alien film I want a Male lead this time. As for Emma Watson ive only seen her in the Harry Potter films. It would be interesting, to see her tackle an Alien film. If Kristen Stewart can manage to give us a decent character in Underwater then I'm sure Emma Watson can manage something similar.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: son_of_kane on Aug 10, 2020, 07:51:52 PM
After Disney is through with Alien, Prometheus and Covenant will look like masterpieces  :laugh:

judge death

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 10, 2020, 08:29:28 PM
Quote from: son_of_kane on Aug 10, 2020, 07:51:52 PM

https://media3.giphy.com/media/13KV2vJLM4p2SI/giphy.gif
IF disney do star wars reboot and how they handled that then yes, I will rank most movies as masterpieces in comparison, avengers might be held high but it was safe and very causual and not that interesting to rewatch.
covenant I hold pretty high anyways :P

SiL

People think this news would be broken by a local UK rag and not ... literally anywhere else if it were real?

Local Trouble

Tichinde

On a serious note. I don't think she looks tough enough for ripley in any role I've seen, maybe ripley's daughter. I think she'd do great as Amanda

Kimarhi

Isn't Emma Watson a tiny child sized human being?

Tichinde

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 11, 2020, 01:09:21 AM
Isn't Emma Watson a tiny child sized human being?

Petite.

Yeah, I mean no disrespect to Sigourney weaver by saying this, but she had like a grizzled face imo, she looks like she can f**k you up, Watson is about as intimidating as the human alien hybrid from ressurection

Kimarhi

Sigourney is 7" taller than Watson.

I like Watson as an actress, but she would have to destroy the Aliens with her brain to be convincing.  Ripley actually looked convincing in the warrior role because she was as tall as her male co-stars and heavier than most of her female ones. 

Samhain13

I never paid attention to Ripley's height in any movie, didn't knew that... made a difference to some.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

They never had frame shots in a way to get her the same height as her co stars because Weaver is 6'.  I think in some of her roles she's actually bigger than some of her co stars. 

I'm not saying shes physically imposing, just that she looks like somebody who could run around and unleash hell without passing out from over work halfway through the action sequence. 

Scarlett is much thicker than Watson.

BUT it is all about presentation.  I would be skeptical of her as a cloned Alien killer until a movie came out that was good enough to prove otherwise. 

Tichinde

I mean they could do that TX style terminator female archetype where she's super lean and unintimidating until she does something and just comes out of nowhere with brutality.

Again though. Don't think it would work she's just not intimidating, I think if she tried to be it would come off funny or humorous.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed