Rumor Control: Emma Watson in Talks for Alien Remake via SundaySport

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 10, 2020, 12:24:36 PM

Author
Rumor Control: Emma Watson in Talks for Alien Remake via SundaySport (Read 8,803 times)

Corporal Hicks

So it's most likely gonna be a load of tosh, and I'm not planning to post on the front page given the source, but so people are aware it's been "reported".

QuoteHarry Potter stunna Emma Watson is set to take on another beloved franchise - starring in a remake of the Alien films. Emma, 30 , found fame as geeky Hermione in the schoolboy wizard movies and is now tipped to take over Sigourney Weaver as tough alien-killer Ripley.

The remake will see Watson travelling to an off-world colony that has been infested with the face hugging beasts who lay eggs which hatch out and invade human hosts. Emma plays an all-action version of Ripley, who has been cloned specifically to fight the aliens. It will be Emma's first action film and could set her on the way to being one of the best earning actresses of all time.

A Hollywood source said " There is a chance for Emma to catapult herself into the big time. Nothing has been set in stone but there is a lot of momentum behind this and if it all comes together it could be a huge hit. The last few attempts to reboot Alien have not worked out well but this back-to-basics screenplay about one woman versus aliens should definitely do the trick

PredBabe

PredBabe

Nothing against Emma, she's a safe choice, but I hate the term "remake" and the fact that she is supposed to be Ellen Ripley.

SiL

This is the laziest fake article I've read in a long time.

Perfect-Organism

Voodoo Magic

I actually would feel 0% shock if this turned out to be true.

Emma Watson is a great choice though, in my humble opinion. I'm a big fan.

Samhain13

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 10, 2020, 12:52:25 PM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/l2JJzAiFBakUXxP2g/giphy.gif

May be an ok adult Newt though...

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 10, 2020, 01:10:35 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 10, 2020, 12:52:25 PM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/l2JJzAiFBakUXxP2g/giphy.gif

May be an ok adult Newt though...

Very true, considering....

#NewtLives

;D

TC

So first it's a remake, then later on it's referred to as a reboot. Which is it, remake or reboot?

It features "Ripley, who has been cloned to specifically to fight the aliens." So this new Ripley's origin is in the back story, as in, we don't get to see newRipley's origin for ourselves? Or does this story attach to the existing films and follow on from Resurrection? In which case, it's neither remake nor reboot, but a relaunch.

TC

windebieste

As a lead role in a sequel to 'ALIEN: Covenant'. Yeah. I'd believe that. Emma Watson could work in that. There's a wide open door leading into unknown territory deserving of further exploration and story.

But as a remake of 'ALIEN'..? ummm... er... Whut??? How? Why..?

Aside from the jank reporting, I'm not buying it until an official announcement is made.

-Windebieste.

Drukathi

I laughed while reading.

There would be at least one 1% truth here if they were talking about Newt (or Amanda), but not about Ellen Ripley.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TC on Aug 10, 2020, 01:31:16 PM
It features "Ripley, who has been cloned to specifically to fight the aliens." So this new Ripley's origin is in the back story, as in, we don't get to see newRipley's origin for ourselves?

We don't see her origin. She doesn't know her origin, other than she's a clone. Clones like her shouldn't have memories, yet she keeps having flashbacks and dreams of a life she didn't live. Or did she?  Yada, yada, yada

TC

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 10, 2020, 01:44:00 PM
Quote from: TC on Aug 10, 2020, 01:31:16 PM
It features "Ripley, who has been cloned to specifically to fight the aliens." So this new Ripley's origin is in the back story, as in, we don't get to see newRipley's origin for ourselves?

We don't see her origin. She doesn't know her origin, other than she's a clone. Clones like her shouldn't have memories, yet she keeps having flashbacks and dreams of a life she didn't live. Or did she?  Yada, yada, yada

So... a rehash of the Aeon Flux movie?

The emphasis seems to be on Emma playing an "all-action" "alien-killer." Whoever put this out (Emma Watson's publicist/agent/manager, hoping to attract some attention to their client, perhaps?) seems to be wanting Emma to catch the current wave of prominent super-heroine action movies. Possibly because there is a real action movie role in the offing - not Alien related - and they want to prime the studio into considering Emma for the part.

A fairly common ploy.

TC

SiL

I feel that this would have sweet f**k all to do with anyone in Emma's camp.

Evanus

Well that better be a load of tosh.. nothing against Emma, but a remake would be ridiculous.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed