Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,610,641 times)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 18, 2010, 04:13:44 PM
I can't help myself... I love the A:R design

Yah, he looks like he's sh**ting, but he's just awesome.

Yeah, castrated the phaliac head, took off all the mechanical bits and replaced 'em with organic fleshy material, totally butchered the six/three fingered look, turned him the color of something that I would normally be glad to be rid of in my "office." *Ahem* Whats not to like?  ;D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Brown Horses look like shit to you?

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 18, 2010, 07:26:08 PM
Brown Horses look like shit to you?

That creature looks nothing likea brown horse. Nowhere near as elegant or graceful.  ;)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quoteturned him the color of something that I would normally be glad to be rid of in my "office."
Both are brown.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 18, 2010, 07:31:21 PM
Quoteturned him the color of something that I would normally be glad to be rid of in my "office."
Both are brown.

Yes, but I have a distaste for the slimey mess, the artistic molestation thereof, known as the ADI Alien. Like I listed, they changed things about the creature that were perfectly fine the way they were. Distinctive features even. At least the changes Camereon had made to the Alien made sense from the perspective of performance. The newer hands that ADI used for the creature were way too clumsy looking, and lack articulation. The head has lost its phaliac shape, a lot of the "engine" bits that were part of the design, the metall tubing running along the arms and head and so forth, have been dropped. Its just not nearly as interesting now that it has been terrestrialised, with Velociraptor and fleshy inspiration.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

First Aliens left saliva everywhere, so do the A:R ones. What's wrong with that? It's one of the very first qualities of the Alien.
The hands "lack articulation" but that doesn't have nothing to do with the design. It's like saying that the first Terminator sucked because Arnie's fake head was too fake.
The head is still very long and "phallic" (although if they didn't tell me I wouldn't even see the first Alien with those subtleties). If you see the tubing is still here. It's not so evident and spreaded as in the first Aliens, but is still here (look at the forearm for example, it's here althoug a bit difficult to see).
And I literally have enough to hear Velociraptors as "inspiration" for everything. A:R Aliens have nothing to do with the Velociraptors. Nothing. They don't look alike. They share only a slight resemblance in the legs because of the joints.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 18, 2010, 07:52:25 PM
The head is still very long and "phallic"
Not as long, and it's not phallic - They flatted the base at the end of the head, ruining the shape. It looks more like a ribbed slug than a penis.

QuoteIf you see the tubing is still here. It's not so evident and spreaded as in the first Aliens, but is still here (look at the forearm for example, it's here althoug a bit difficult to see).
Ribbing, but no real tubing. Giger got engine parts for the original - there's nothing that resembles an engine part on the whole thing from AR onwards.

Hell - Alien 3 onwards.

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: SiL on Mar 18, 2010, 10:24:06 PM
It looks more like a ribbed slug than a penis.
There's one sentance I'd thought I'd never hear.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Lol. Yeah around Alien 3 is when it went downhill. The whole psycho-sexual bio-mechanical image is lost with ADI. Like the rest have said, they changed what didn't need to be changed. I guess in the end its for the better tho, since the good designs will never be associated with the shitty movies. Its a half full kinda thing. But its his opinion so to each their own. Were all one big happy f-ed up family here  ;D Seriously, this seems to be the only board where i dont get bombarded with insults (cheapassgamer and gamefaq ) and told i "dont belong". Thats the internets for ya.

SM

SM

Quote from: predalien27 on Mar 18, 2010, 10:34:21 PM

For her pleasure.

One thing I didn't dig on the Resurrection design was the big jutting out chin.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

If Bruce Campbell were an Alien...  :D

SM

SM

Or Leno.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: SM on Mar 18, 2010, 10:41:31 PM
Quote from: predalien27 on Mar 18, 2010, 10:34:21 PM

For her pleasure.

One thing I didn't dig on the Resurrection design was the big jutting out chin.

Jaylien?

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I dunno, the thought of the alien pausing in front of Ripley and going "Gimme some sugar baby." Just sounds like gold. I'd love A:R. Bruce maks everything better.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

eh, I know #6.0 has his own opinion and has the right to like what he wants. I'm not a nazi.

but, just as #6.0 has the right to love the design, we have the right to wonder 'What the hell was he Smokin?' but I don't hold it against him. I always try to be passive as much as I can.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed