Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,610,120 times)

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Ah! #6.0! Master of controversial Alien design preferences!  :D

Mus

Mus

Someone somewhere posted a picture of a model he was repainting, I thought it's quite snazzy:

There's one detail I particularly like. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the tip of the tail was quite like this in the movie. I remember it being pointier and slightly crooked, whereas this one has a more phallos-like appearance, which I personally find a lovely touch. Adds a nice layer of perversion to eventual stabbing :-))))))

locusta

locusta

Mus, You are right about the tailtip. The original one was more like a scorpion sting. Best to be seen in the scene as the tail goes up at Brett´s back.

The picture posted here, shows the great repaint of the Medicom Alien done by our dear Hive member abake with help of his friend Fabio.

Here the link to the thread: http://www.thehiveforum.net/forum/index.php/topic,7673.0.html

#6.0

#6.0

Quote from: TJ Doc on Mar 12, 2010, 05:50:21 PM
Ah! #6.0! Master of controversial Alien design preferences!  :D

Dam straight  ;D

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

If any changes were done to the best, the original, than i wouldn't mind the tail being turned into a more penissey-like look. God i hope they get Giger back for the prequel!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Mar 12, 2010, 02:02:14 AM
My main problem besides the neck is they didn't bother retouching the forehead, giving them that goofy-as overbite. That skull worked when there was a dome over it, not so much without.

I think the overbite was the worse part of the design. Of course, it all depends on how exactly they're supposed to be being betrayed, but I feel the ridged designs makes it seem more animalistic and dangerous but those teeth...just go against it so much.

Sol

Sol

Quote from: XenoVC on Mar 12, 2010, 02:25:19 AM
Geeze,I can't stop myself from posting these sad comparisons.  :P

From this:

To:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/movies/avp2/adibook/adibook67.jpg

ADI tried to make the head more apart of the neck... super fail at it, IMO. It's no longer the long, sausage head, and instead, only the crown/ridges are separated from the neck. Looks bad. Also, gone is the well thought out mechanical look to the flesh (around the head/neck), and in is a bunch of randomness.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: #6.0 on Mar 12, 2010, 04:01:52 PM
but the alien in the latter is a far better design.
Except that's one thing we can go all objective-like on and say, "No, it isn't."

You like it better, sure. But it's not a better design.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

odd, I always thought the AvP-R warrior was what you'd get when an Alien bursts from a Hillbilly/Redneck. ah la, the overbite.

I can only pray that the Giger Alien returns to retake its thrown of the most amazing and greatest Alien design.

I know for sure Ridley won't dare use the ADI design. hes a visualist.

Huol

Huol

Quote from: SiL on Mar 12, 2010, 08:34:33 AM
Giger won't work for movies any more, although I think he said he might do another Alien movie if Scott asked.

I don't see it happening to be honest.  :-\

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: SiL on Mar 12, 2010, 08:34:33 AM
Giger won't work for movies any more, although I think he said he might do another Alien movie if Scott asked.

Thanks for correcting me, I wasn't entirely sure when I posted.  :)

#6.0

#6.0

Quote from: SiL on Mar 12, 2010, 11:54:22 PM
Quote from: #6.0 on Mar 12, 2010, 04:01:52 PM
but the alien in the latter is a far better design.
Except that's one thing we can go all objective-like on and say, "No, it isn't."

You like it better, sure. But it's not a better design.

In your OP.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The only real problem I have with the AvPR design are the proportions and mainly the jaw. The Bros wanted to go back to Cameron's vision, but they failed big time.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Yup. "Inbred" springs to mind.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Mind-f**k as well, but I think that refers to the entire film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed