Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,630,151 times)

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote...what the fuuuuck?

The idea was to have a Tranlucent Alien simular to Gigers paintings.  An inner skelington was buiilt and thery were going to have bits of wire and other parts etc, inside under the skin.  They made many tests suits and sculptures but they all failed.  There was also a problem with the material they were using, thye even tried rotating the scuptures etc in the oven so eveything was dried evenly etc.  In the end after many attempts the concept had to be scrapped due to time and money.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quite sexy.

Thanks for the pics.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Im glad the concept was dropped.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Oh shit, thanks for posting those translucent pictures! Ive heard about the test shots, but have never seen them. In theory it is creepy, but it would have had to be a digital effect to pull off without making it look fake and I would rather have a dude in an awesomely creepy suit than just another obviously fake CG shot. 

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Jamescomerononline reminded me i had others when he posted his.  I have SOMEWHERE more pictures and one facehugger prototype, but ive not seen them in a donkeys age  :'( not sure where they have gotton to.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Another sloppy Alien meets AvP:R pic

Bwahahaha.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: XenoVC on Jun 28, 2009, 10:11:14 PM
Another sloppy Alien meets AvP:R pic

Bwahahaha.

*Face Palm*

lol  ;)

SiL

SiL

I liked the translucent concept, I think it would've been fine. The thing was still going to be painted - It wasn't like they were going to have it walking around like that.

See the original release of MacFarlan's Giger Alien (From the Movie Maniacs 5 set) to see it in action. Looks like a normal figure, but then you get a light behind it and you can start to see through it. It's an awesome effect.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: SiL on Jun 28, 2009, 10:59:05 PM
I liked the translucent concept, I think it would've been fine. The thing was still going to be painted - It wasn't like they were going to have it walking around like that.

See the original release of MacFarlan's Giger Alien (From the Movie Maniacs 5 set) to see it in action. Looks like a normal figure, but then you get a light behind it and you can start to see through it. It's an awesome effect.

I remember you mentioning that in the last thread we talked about the Translucent Alien concet, i used to have my Origional Mcfarlane Alien figure in front of my desk lamp.  Made it look surreal, but in a good way.

SM

SM

I think the translucent Alien could've had the potential to be a bit too Close Encounters and therefore a tad benign.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Jun 28, 2009, 11:10:31 PM
I think the translucent Alien could've had the potential to be a bit too Close Encounters and therefore a tad benign.
"HOLY SHIT IT ... DID IT JUST ... WHAT DID IT DO TO HER?"
"Man, I don't know, but look, he's see through! I want one!"

Hm... :P

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: XenoVC on Jun 28, 2009, 09:18:59 PM
Quite sexy.

Thanks for the pics.

except you can clearly see the dude inside of it. :|

GAYEEE!!!.

SM

SM

Yeah those a Bolaji's REAL ribs!

::)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jun 29, 2009, 03:46:58 AM

GAYEEE!!!.
That's because it wasn't painted.

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: SiL on Jun 29, 2009, 04:11:29 AM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jun 29, 2009, 03:46:58 AM

GAYEEE!!!.
That's because it wasn't painted.

wasnt it supposed to be that translucent?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed