Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,620,214 times)

Hart

Hart

Quote from: SM on May 21, 2009, 11:47:29 PM
It has a jaw...

Funny guy...

You know what I mean.

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Now thats what would be the creepiest moment in the entire movie. The whole scene of the Alien not moving at all and being stranded in this position, and then suddenyl descending is just blood chilling. Its a CRIME that its not included in either version!

SiL

SiL

It's in the director's cut.

Hart

Hart

It looks creepy, yes. But it ruins the scene for me, the original cut is much more scary because the first you see of the alien is when its tail lowers down behind Brett with that weird sound.

The alien should have never been shown fully for that long.

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Quote from: SiL on May 23, 2009, 05:21:17 AM
It's in the director's cut.

but not the cross position.

SiL

SiL

The image you posted is how it appears in the film, though, isn't it?

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: SiL on May 23, 2009, 10:01:26 PM
The image you posted is how it appears in the film, though, isn't it?
Nope, it isn't in any version. Its from the special features DVD but not in the movie itself.
The only difference in the DC is a brief shot of the alien hanging in the chains right before he discovers Jonesy. And of course the extended scene with Parker and Ripley.

But you don't see the Alien in that cross position in the movie.

SiL

SiL

I've been watching the virtual workprint too much.

Dusk

Aeus

Aeus

Is that when it's hanging in the chains? or just before it comes down to take Brett?

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Quote from: Aeus on May 24, 2009, 04:53:25 PM

Is that when it's hanging in the chains? or just before it comes down to take Brett?

Both actually. He was hanging like this and then when it 'sensed' brett it descended dwon. I think this is a very clever and brillinat bit. Something is always very creepy when it doesnt move and its juzt frozen. Like some creepy child in the hotel hallway at night staring at you or something. Or someone not moving and just looking through the window . You dont know if its alive or not or if its gonna jump you anytime.

Aeus

Aeus

Ditto on the not moving thing. Definitely more creepy.

As for the Alien 'sensing' Brett, surely it just saw him. I mean, didn't Ridley say the white dome was its eye?

XenoVC

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Aeus on May 25, 2009, 08:27:09 PM
As for the Alien 'sensing' Brett, surely it just saw him. I mean, didn't Ridley say the white dome was its eye?
Nope. The dome's a dome. Ridley wanted the thing to be eyeless so you never knew where it was looking.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: SiL on May 25, 2009, 10:58:06 PM
Quote from: Aeus on May 25, 2009, 08:27:09 PM
Nope. The dome's a dome. Ridley wanted the thing to be eyeless so you never knew where it was looking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAeg0sxfk9k

He mentions it there at the beginning, but states that he never had to answer whether it saw or simply sensed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed