"They Were A Universal Wave Of Extinction," Reviewing Aliens: Apocalypse - The Destroying Angels – AvP Galaxy Podcast #140

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 02, 2022, 03:47:20 PM

Author
"They Were A Universal Wave Of Extinction," Reviewing Aliens: Apocalypse - The Destroying Angels – AvP Galaxy Podcast #140 (Read 3,192 times)

Corporal Hicks

We have just uploaded the 140th episode of the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast (right-click and save as to download)! In this episode we’re finally giving you what you’ve all been asking for, a discussion on the iconic Aliens: Apocalypse – The Destroying Angels. Corporal Hicks, RidgeTop and Xenomorphine are joined by Omegamorph to discuss the OG expansion of the Space Jockeys!

"They Were A Universal Wave Of Extinction," Reviewing Aliens: Apocalypse - The Destroying Angels – AvP Galaxy Podcast #140

We discuss Doug Wheatley and Chris Chuckry blend of H.R Giger and ADI’s Alien, Mark Schultz interpretation of the Space Jockey and their relationship with the Aliens, folding space, evil androids, self aware villains and plenty more!

What did you think of our latest episode? Be sure to let us know down below! You can also listen to any of our previous episodes in the Podcast section under the News tab on the main menu. The Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast is also available via iTunes, PodBean, GooglePlay Stitcher, and Spotify! Please be sure to leave a rating and review on whichever platform you're using!

And if you'd rather see our beautiful faces, as always the video version of the podcast is also available on the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy YouTube channel!

Make sure your browsers are locked into Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien and Predator news! You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. Be sure to join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums as well!

Kradan

Kradan

That's the best news all day. And Omega is back ! Yay !  :D

BlueMarsalis79

Kradan

Just finished it. Great one, gentleman. Omega's voice is music to my ears. And yes, he participated in Covenant review episode

Not gonna say this comic is among my favourites since I never was big into whole SJ mythos prior to prequels, my main interest lies in Alien itself, BUT I do agree it offers a lot for imaginations to run wild. Whole idea of Aliens being some sort of ancient space plague that is meant to wipe out civilisations, that wiped out SJ race and humanity's next is very intriguing and exciting.

Artwork wise comic is top notch stuff and SJ architecture is beatifully realised. Athough I'm actually dig Engineers' design in Prometheus I also really like this comic's interpretation  of SJ, love how large, fat and bloby it looks. I even remember seeing one specific pic of it prior to reading the comic, the one where it has Alien Egg on its chest and thinking it somehow grew out of its body. Unfortunately, even though it makes logical sense, not a fan of how ridiculously large SJ Alien is.

Really like how comic's Xenos look. I vividly remember shot of Alien's close-up with synth blood splashed on (idk,maybe 'cause it looks like somebody jerked off on Alien's face ?). Also there couple of panels with silhouetted Alien getting closer to the viewer which stood out to me as well.

Also, I would like to know whether, you fine fellows, plan on doing any more comic-centered episodes in the nearest future ? I would love you (especially Xenomorphine with how deep and critical he tends to get into this stuff) to review my favourite one, Sacrifice. It has some really neat ideas in it concerning religiousness, what makes us humans and people dealing with extreme circumstances.  It also has dope artwork and IMO doesn't get talked about nearly as much as it should've

Corporal Hicks

Thanks, Kradan! Glad you enjoyed it. Honestly had so much fun recording and editing this episode. I really do love this comic.

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 02, 2022, 07:33:38 PM
Also, I would like to know whether, you fine fellows, plan on doing any more comic-centered episodes in the nearest future ? I would love you (especially Xenomorphine with how deep and critical he tends to get into this stuff) to review my favourite one, Sacrifice. It has some really neat ideas in it concerning religiousness, what makes us humans and people dealing with extreme circumstances.  It also has dope artwork and IMO doesn't get talked about nearly as much as it should've

My intent is to talk about everything over the years. Just depends on the quiet time between current releases and the such! Will add Sacrifice towards the top of the list for when a free slot crops up though! That was a fantastic comic too.

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 02, 2022, 03:49:59 PM
And Omega is back ! Yay !  :D
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 02, 2022, 04:36:55 PM
Omega, muh boi!
Omega's voice is music to my ears.
oh  :-*

you're gonna hear me again in the Predator 2018 commentary, and I'm going to be in the movie podcasts too prolly

Kradan

I'm dreading that commentary but will be glad to hear you again !  ;)

426Buddy

Great podcast guys, have always loved this comic but also agree with the few criticisms.

Salvation is a great story for sure, so that indeed would be perfect for a podcast.

BlueMarsalis79

I will take Prometheus over this depiction of the Space Jockey any day honestly, otherwise I really dig the piece.

Immortan Jonesy

Yeah. The biomechanical architecture is perfect. If only the Space Jockeys weren't fleshy giants with hair on their heads.  :laugh:

Xenomorphine

It is one of my favourites!

Prez

Great Pod - about 2/3rds through it. Loved revisiting this one and sadly my collection of graphic novels right now are in storage (thanks to big home renovations) and I so desperately want to re-read this one now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed