New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 118,167 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 25, 2021, 12:33:41 PMWould be interesting what you could do with him, moving through the trees etc., with the right talent behind it though.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see some CGI Predator, but on the whole I imagine using a suit will be cheaper - and quicker - than going full CGI.

SiL

It depends on what they want it to do. Upgrade could've been practical, but Black's directing style would've made that prohibitively expensive.

If it's a regular Predator doing regular Predator things, mix of practical and cg are the likely options.

Man in a suit technology was used originally because it's cheap and efficient, and that has not significantly changed in 34 years for something like the Predator. If it looks like a guy in a suit, just put a guy in a suit.

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Feb 25, 2021, 01:03:40 PM
It depends on what they want it to do.
Ditto

I imagine a low budget dictates they cannot really do any super shenanigans... which is actually beneficial

gimme some practical Pred roaring in the MC's face

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 25, 2021, 12:57:41 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 25, 2021, 12:57:41 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 25, 2021, 12:33:41 PMWould be interesting what you could do with him, moving through the trees etc., with the right talent behind it though.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see some CGI Predator, but on the whole I imagine using a suit will be cheaper - and quicker - than going full CGI.

What's nice is a period piece filming in gorgeous Alberta Canada likely means not much else in the film would require CG.

And if they take this to the not-appearing-to-be-a-Predator-film hilt in the terms of disguising the creature as a ghostly supernatural entity (camouflage) until perhaps a short reveal at the end, I could see that minimal usage temper the CG cost and allow them to go full CG if Dan wanted to. But who knows what the budget will allow, what circustances Aison's script calls for, and what Trachtenberg's vision is requiring.

Kailem

I'd imagine if we get any CG Predator it'll be for its appearances while cloaked and/or leaping or climbing in a way that a human performer couldn't, a la AVPR. But if there's any at all it'll be used sparingly, with a practical Predator being what we'll see 99% of the time.

BlueMarsalis79

Make the vision look more like this again.

Huggs

You know, the best thing about those vision modes is that he'll always know who farted.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 26, 2021, 12:39:00 AM
You know, the best thing about those vision modes is that he'll always know who farted.
I bet Predators get a kick out of making fart jokes.

Huggs

"When frightened, oomans emit a defensive odor. Your masks contain filters that will neutralize its offensive nature. Go forth, and hunt with honor"

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 26, 2021, 12:39:00 AM

People fart a lot. Now we know why they are such good hunters. But the Xeno... do xenofarts exist?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed