NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 814,898 times)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

So they are officially released? (Grabs wallet to pull out money)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Not until May unfortunately.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

(Puts money back) :laugh:

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

I'm interested in the collector club for the exclusives and special items, but I tend to only collect movie and realistic figures from the line, so I'd need to figure out if I could sell off the ones I don't want.

For instance the blue Allen is very cool, and I think it's awesome that NECA is including Kenner tribute figures like that, but my collection is pretty focused, so I won't be adding that guy to my display.

Though I'm totally getting the DC crossover figures... I'll break my rules there.

Transmitted from Zeta Reticuli.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Mister Skeezler on Feb 20, 2017, 01:52:15 PM
I'm interested in the collector club for the exclusives and special items, but I tend to only collect movie and realistic figures from the line, so I'd need to figure out if I could sell off the ones I don't want.

For instance the blue Allen is very cool, and I think it's awesome that NECA is including Kenner tribute figures like that, but my collection is pretty focused, so I won't be adding that guy to my display.

Though I'm totally getting the DC crossover figures... I'll break my rules there.

Transmitted from Zeta Reticuli.

I'm kind of in the same boat except there's certain Kenner figures I do want. Unfortunately the ice blue Alien isn't one them. I'm thinking I'll just repaint it if I can't find some other way to ditch it.

felipescado

felipescado

love that head and legs but i cant stand NECA figures -_- >:(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 20, 2017, 02:13:51 PM
I'm kind of in the same boat except there's certain Kenner figures I do want. Unfortunately the ice blue Alien isn't one them. I'm thinking I'll just repaint it if I can't find some other way to ditch it.

I'll be picking up the Gorilla and the Mantis when they make their way to my side of the pond but I'm not too fussed on the blue Alien either. It's great they're doing these though. I really love that these options are here for everyone. Absolutely loving the Defiance Alien too. Will be snatching that one up.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

I guess we are not "hardcore collectors", eh?

Yeah, this announcement had me interesting for a few seconds before i read the rules of what it was.

windebieste

windebieste

LawnMowerMan will sign up to the Club, for sure...

...with multiple accounts.

-Windebieste.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Feb 20, 2017, 07:35:18 PM

I guess we are not "hardcore collectors", eh?

Yeah, this announcement had me interesting for a few seconds before i read the rules of what it was.

Ditto. Right out of the gate, I don't care about the blue Kenner Alien, and it puts a huge damper on my enthusiasm for their membership gimmick if they won't tell us up-front what all the figures are and what the year-end exclusive is.

Mattel tried a similar "subscription" program with their DC Universe Classics figures several years ago, and it crashed and burned.

windebieste

windebieste

That's a good point.  It's a bit much to expect customers to be rewarded for purchasing everything on blind faith that the rewards will be worth it when none of them are revealed. 

If the company was transparent on the nature of the rewards, yeah.  People will demonstrate loyalty.  The way NECA are playing this game, too many cards are concealed; and we aren't even allowed to look at what's in our own hand.

-Windebieste.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: windebieste on Feb 21, 2017, 08:37:34 AM
That's a good point.  It's a bit much to expect customers to be rewarded for purchasing everything on blind faith that the rewards will be worth it when none of them are revealed. 

If the company was transparent on the nature of the rewards, yeah.  People will demonstrate loyalty.  The way NECA are playing this game, too many cards are concealed; and we aren't even allowed to look at what's in our own hand.

-Windebieste.

This is their first statement about it. Im not going to fault them on that, yet. But releasing a set already does make it a bit of a blind faith situation. Hopefully as time goes by they will make it more official and show more stuff. But if this first set counts and you dont get it you are out, right? Yeah, i guess this should've had more preparation. 

Some one on twitter was saying that the releases also include 1/4 scale figs? From a comment on Facebook. I dont mess with that so i cant confirm but if this does include the 1/4 scale...eeeep. Firstly cause i dont have the space. I would just be buying those figures to sell them to get the year-end exclusive.

EDIT- it wasnt that hard to find on FB. And they clearly state several times that 1/4 are included.

This should be some sort of tiered system. All tiers get the fig but the higher tiers get bonus items/accessories, things like that. All in with limited supplies so you have to rush and 1/4 scale figs? I am really not a hardcore collector. And i get at least 2 figs from each series. I guess i'm just below hardcore.

lightsyder

lightsyder

Randy posted a tweet this morning that seemed to indicate 1/4 figures are NOT included in the sub

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Eh, 1/4 isn't something I go for anyways. I keep my Neca stuff smaller because my main hobby is 1/6 scale stuff.

I'm still on the fence about this club business...mostly because we haven't seen a possible exclusive to it and the first wave you have to buy is so lack luster.

Dino21AvP

Dino21AvP

I know this is slightly off topic but I have a question about the NECA Aliens Warrior figure (Blue version). I got this figure years ago, maybe around 2010/2011 not quite sure, anyway the figure is great, however, I have never been able to open the mouth to get the inner jaw to come out. I was curious if anyone else has encountered this issue and knows of an easy fix. I am somewhat reluctant in forcing it open for fear of breaking it. Any help would be appreciated.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed