Weaver and Blomkamp on Alien 5

Started by shakermakerman, Feb 26, 2015, 09:12:49 PM

Author
Weaver and Blomkamp on Alien 5 (Read 60,122 times)

Rankles75

Rankles75

The Alien trailer was about as good as trailers get. The trailer for Aliens however was terrible, especially considering the material it had to work with...

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

Alien ---> Aliens ----> ???

Alien --> Aliens ----> Alien 3 ---> (nothing)

Alien --> Aliens ---> Alien 3 ---> Alien Resurrection

Promtheus ---> Alien ----> ???

Prometheus ---> Alien ---> Aliens ----> ???

Prometheus ---> Alien --> Aliens ----> Alien 3 ---> (nothing)

Promtheus --->  Alien --> Aliens ---> Alien 3 ---> Alien Resurrection

Prometheus ---> Alien --> Aliens ---> Alien 5

someone's always going to be right somewhere

Nightmare Asylum

Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Alien Resurrection
Alien 5/Reboot

Prometheus
Prometheus 2

Works for me.

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

It's fairly obvious the route their going is the Sulaco getting picked up and Newt and Hicks and Ripley going there merry way before something happens decades later that calls their attention to Weyland-Yutani's capture of some specimens, and Ripley and Hicks break into a secure facility  as is with the past two films of his (MNU - Elysium) and action happens.

I have no idea, in earth or heaven, what kind of colonial marines mind/retcon games are going to fit an older Hicks and Ripley in the continuity of Alien 3 and 4 without considering Alien 3 and Resurrection a separate string of events unrelated. Or just Alien 3. Whichever, whoever prefers.

SuperM

SuperM

In the cryosleeps, ripley and hicks astral project but the alien can also astral project... who would have thought it possible! None of you! Not even me!

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Jman on Feb 28, 2015, 11:36:29 PM
In my recent previous post, the idea of reshuffled order of events happening in the movie series would have allowed much more impact of the Fury161 storyline, since it would have been Alien2 instead, and also allowed Newt, Hicks, and maybe even a few other characters to survive later on. Aliens would then have been the THIRD film in the saga. That would have left another movie starring Newt & Hicks wide open, because I agree that is sucked to see them survive the hell on LV426, only to die at the beginning of A3.  That chronological order of events would also have kept the storyline of Alien Resurrection, where 200 years later scientists get hold of Ripley's blood on Fury161, completely intact. A simple reshuffling would have worked wonders, and made more people happy, in my opinion.

Interesting idea. Only problem is Ripley dies at the end of 3!

Jman

Jman

Of course, Ripley's death would have to have not ever happened. Just a thought on what would may have been a more acceptable storyline to the fans.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

I just finally saw District 9 last week, and I'm hard-pressed to think of a shot in the movie that was more than three seconds long. I've heard people say that Elysium was "boring"; can I take that to mean that Blomkamp is at least capable of making a film that 'breathes' a little more? Like, you know... an Alien film?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Mar 01, 2015, 04:28:39 PM
I just finally saw District 9 last week, and I'm hard-pressed to think of a shot in the movie that was more than three seconds long.
There's plenty.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: NetworkATTH on Mar 01, 2015, 01:25:08 AM
I have no idea, in earth or heaven, what kind of colonial marines mind/retcon games are going to fit an older Hicks and Ripley in the continuity

Age won't be an issue. She still looks good and he'll have lots of acidic burning.

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 01, 2015, 04:50:35 PM
Quote from: NetworkATTH on Mar 01, 2015, 01:25:08 AM
I have no idea, in earth or heaven, what kind of colonial marines mind/retcon games are going to fit an older Hicks and Ripley in the continuity

Age won't be an issue. She still looks good and he'll have lots of acidic burning.

She looks good, but not thirty-six years old.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It can be set a long time after Aliens, you know.

Gate

Gate

Part of me is saying "oh god, he is a total fanboy and this is like a wet dream come true."

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Omegazilla on Mar 01, 2015, 04:48:44 PM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Mar 01, 2015, 04:28:39 PM
I just finally saw District 9 last week, and I'm hard-pressed to think of a shot in the movie that was more than three seconds long.
There's plenty.

Well I'm not gonna go and time them all, but anyone can see that the pace of the editing in that film is vastly different to the Alien films... especially the first two.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The point is that was a stand-alone film, and we haven't seen how Blomkamp exactly behaves when making a sequel to a third party, estabilished property. Also, both Alien and Aliens have their quick cuts when they need to.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed