Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 774,357 times)

Prez

Prez

Cosmic Sin

I tried but lost interest after 30 mins.
Spoiler
For a film set 500 years into the future not sure why 4WD pickups and cars would still be a thing on the road + projectile type weapons that look very 21st century. Just pulled me out of the film right away ... plus it seemed rather ho-hum despite Grillo and Willis' presence.
[close]

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 24, 2021, 03:28:34 AMTrue Romance

Floyd is the real MVP.

Top five movie for me, even if we count the first three Aliens as separate films. So good. A whole bunch of my favourite actors just absolutely knocking it out of the park no matter how trivial their role is.

The Sicilians scene genuinely might be my favourite in cinematic history. Brutal, hysterical, thrilling, moving, powerful. The whole sequence is incredible but I especially love the moment at the end where everyone's laughing and joking, Walken turns to his goon to surreptitiously get the gun and you get one final closeup on Hopper and you see in his eyes that he knows this is it, and he takes one last drag on his cigarette.

It's also got surely the best Mexican standoff/everyone shoots everyone else scene of any movie.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Right there with you.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Van Helsing: The London Assignment
Van Helsing

Yeah, the two don't link up very well at all.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Stitch

Stitch

King Kong vs Godzilla

Japanese original version is way better than the US release.

Prez

Prez

Predators
I enjoy this film and appreciate it more and more every time I see it. Yes it retreads a lot of the original film but the new lore it adds is actually quite cool. The ensemble of characters are great and I like the fact Royce isn't Dutch Mk II. I like that he is actually a mercenary who has questionable morals.

The Predators themselves are great too.

Huggs

Huggs

Seven (4/5)

"How's this for culture?"

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Bad Times at the El Royale

This one had slipped my mind for a while, but it's still damn good. "Shit happens, get the whiskey." :laugh:

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 25, 2021, 02:20:59 AM
Seven (4/5)

I give it a 5/5.
Already a timeless classic imo.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 26, 2021, 03:49:08 AM

This one had slipped my mind for a while, but it's still damn good. "Shit happens, get the whiskey." :laugh:

I tried watching but got bored halfway through. Or did I fastforward to the end? Can't remember.
Don't remember anything good aside from the acting.
Should I give it another chance?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 26, 2021, 04:56:26 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 26, 2021, 03:49:08 AM

I tried watching but got bored halfway through. Or did I fastforward to the end? Can't remember.
Don't remember anything good aside from the acting.
Should I give it another chance?

I'd say give it one more chance and if it still doesn't do it for you, that's cool.

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 26, 2021, 04:56:26 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jun 25, 2021, 02:20:59 AM
Seven (4/5)

I give it a 5/5.
Already a timeless classic imo.

Yeah, Se7en is great! I'd give it a 4 or a 5 for sure. Not sure which though. Maybe ... a 4.5?

The Big Short (2015)
Watchmen (2009) [ultimate cut]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Searching for Bobby Fischer

I went into this basically blind, and it exceeded expectations.

Stitch

Stitch

Audition (1999)

Takashi Miike is a good director. This is a weird  film. Act 3 is almost painful to watch, but still compelling. Not your traditional J-horror, even if the woman is dark haired and wearing white.

Huggs

Huggs

Alien: DC (5/5)

Predator (4/5)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed