Single Player Questions/Help Thread

Started by WeaN, Feb 14, 2010, 03:37:48 PM

Author
Single Player Questions/Help Thread (Read 59,995 times)

Porkus Maximus

6 hours sounds a little bit short. If reviews are accurate, they indicate that the marine campaign is the longest, with the most substance.   Assuming your average gamer is as capable at FPS at the OP, it may only take a weekend to finish the whole game.

IF I get the game, I'll most likely be buying it for the single player initially at least until I get a new graphics card.  I  hope I don't get through the campaign(s) as quickly as the OP.

Huol

Huol

Seriously? the last boss is
Spoiler
karl weyland?
[close]

How the hell does that work?
Some kind of arkham asylum
Spoiler
super joker treatment?
[close]

Porkus Maximus

Before OP confirms I'm going to take some kind of guess that;

Spoiler
He is genetically enhanced by the Royal Jelly, possibly mutated into some weird hybrid
[close]

Do I win a prize?

Huol

Huol

Spoiler
ITS THE ALIEN 3 GAME ALL OVER AGAIN
[close]

Xenodog

Xenodog

Spoiler
No, you don't, he's actually pretty easy. But he does grab you, and you shoot him in the head, causing him to fall into magma. So at least he has a decent death. ;)
[close]

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: Huol on Feb 14, 2010, 06:05:28 PM
Seriously? the last boss is
Spoiler
karl weyland?
[close]

How the hell does that work?
Some kind of arkham asylum
Spoiler
super joker treatment?
[close]
That is why i said if i read that list anywhere else but here i would of thought it would be the other way round because the bosses get less and less dangerous from the start.

Quote from: WeaN on Feb 14, 2010, 05:59:47 PM
Quote from: Predator:o:95 on Feb 14, 2010, 05:34:44 PMi thought you would see one of those bosses more than once.

Well, actually ... you kinda do.

Spoiler
The first Praetorian you'll ever meet will be a boss, but then you'll meet two of them as regular enemies. They seemed to have a bit less health too.
[close]

Wow not the boss i was expecting to see twice but you can probably guess which one i was expecting.
I thought it would be the first boss that you would see twice. One at the beginning and one at the end.

Huol

Huol

Spoiler
Hows the predator boss?
[close]

Is it just a straight fight? Or does it
Spoiler
play with you like a real predator.
[close]

choadonemillion

I'm semi-troubled by that first boss, I hope it's kind of epic.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

according to a guy on youtube each campaign can be finished in 1-2 hours... is that true?? if so thats a serious disapointment..

VEF214

VEF214

Quote from: VEF214 on Feb 14, 2010, 05:49:48 PM
Who are all named marines? Are there any unknown main characters? Who dies and who lives?

Do you see #6?

How is the battle with the Predator handled?

How many facehuggers do you see? Do you get to fight them?

Biggest battle scene? Description would be nice!

How many friendly A.I. do you run into?

Do you see a lot of cocooned victims?

How many Marine exclusive achievements do you have?

Any special "wow" moments?

How abundant is ammo for weapons?

Any singleplayer exclusive weapons?

Do you see / ride in / get transported in an APC?

Describe the Alien spit ability. How much damage, how the animation looks, etc.

Any easter eggs? Description if you've found any please.

Dajanksta

Dajanksta

Quote from: GrimyGhost on Feb 14, 2010, 06:20:08 PM
according to a guy on youtube each campaign can be finished in 1-2 hours... is that true?? if so thats a serious disapointment..
Seriously talk about paying 60 bucks for a small amount of game. grrr.

Zephon

Zephon

Meh..almost anything can be finished that fast if you zoom trough it and dont take your time with everything. + play on easy. Mass Effect 2 is arround 80hours but people can finish it in 6hours... Same goes for alot of games. It all depends on how much you ignore.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Quote from: Zephon on Feb 14, 2010, 06:23:16 PM

Meh..almost anything can be finished that fast if you zoom trough it and dont take your time with everything. + play on easy. Mass Effect 2 is arround 80hours but people can finish it in 6hours... Same goes for alot of games. It all depends on how much you ignore.
there was no rushing involved, he was on medium... he did campaign play throughs on youtube

VEF214

VEF214

Quote from: GrimyGhost on Feb 14, 2010, 06:25:35 PM

there was no rushing involved, he was on medium... he did campaign play throughs on youtube

Link?

Dajanksta

Dajanksta

Quote from: GrimyGhost on Feb 14, 2010, 06:25:35 PM

fck. It's obvious what games are good and what makes them good why the hell can we not get it lol.
grr

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed