Alien: Isolation at SDCC 2014

Started by ikarop, Jul 15, 2014, 02:09:18 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation at SDCC 2014 (Read 19,032 times)

Corporal Hicks

Behind what??? What is the evil and lame thing that is going off here?? Trying to get people to come play their game in a kickass and thematic Alien egg?

Jezus.

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

Yezus***
It's not evil unless it kills you if you die in the game...
I just happen to believe it is silly and lame to invest money in this thematic alien egg as a marketing ploy...

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Is that egg made out of chocolate? Didn't they say they made a big Alien egg out of chocolate or am I  misremembering?

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

Great! Now it markets to kids too!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

It may also be a valid theory as to why the Corporal wants to be in that pod so much.

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

The Bastard! He wants all the chocolate to himself!

Dachande

Dachande

Playing the game in a pitch black room with a vibrating chair was terrifying enough. This is just a big old nope, you couldn't pay me to get inside that egg and play the game. NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jul 23, 2014, 03:44:57 PM
Yezus***
It's not evil unless it kills you if you die in the game...
I just happen to believe it is silly and lame to invest money in this thematic alien egg as a marketing ploy...

so you'r mr againsteverythingonthewebcommunity guy.got it

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Call it lame all you want, I'd love to spend money for a go in that thing, I think it looks cool.

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

I too would like to spend money to sit my ass down on an extravagant looking Alien themed chamber while playing my mediocre looking Alien themed game...

Marketing>Alien: Isolation

oberonqa

oberonqa

Quote from: Dachande on Jul 23, 2014, 08:07:28 PM
Playing the game in a pitch black room with a vibrating chair was terrifying enough. This is just a big old nope, you couldn't pay me to get inside that egg and play the game. NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

Heh... I'm right there with ya Dachande.  You couldn't pay me enough to get inside that thing and play the game.  But... a part of me (the masochistic part) thinks it's a pretty badass idea. 

To the people saying it's just a marketing ploy... duh of course it is.  Doesn't mean it's not a badass idea.  If anything, I think something like this is exactly what the game needs to keep it front and center in the media. 

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

It's just me unfortunately...
Why does a game need to be front and center?...

Jango1201

Jango1201

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jul 24, 2014, 06:21:56 PM
It's just me unfortunately...
Why does a game need to be front and center?...

Because it needs to sell.

newbeing

newbeing

Games be expensive to make.

Jango1201

Jango1201

Indeed. A little creative marketing goes a long way.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed