PG-13 Certificate for AvP?

Started by Darkness, Apr 05, 2004, 02:44:18 PM

Author
PG-13 Certificate for AvP? (Read 15,659 times)

Darkness

Darkness

I don’t like to be the one to bring bad news but this doesn’t look very promising. According to PlanetAvP, an editor of Empire Magazine says AvP is aiming for an PG-13 rating. They found out via the executive producer for AvP, Thomas Hammel:

“We want a ‘PG-13.’ It’s horror, it’s thrills, it’s gore, but it’s not blood splattering on the walls. Ratings have changed. I’m not sure Alien would be an 18 now.”

Dark Horizons also had somethng to say on the film’s certificate yesterday:
“I kept deliberately asking what the rating would be and everytime they said they’re shooting for an ‘R’ complete with gore. Anderson seemed almost offended by the idea of something ‘PG-13.”

Considering both Alien and Predator were originally R-rated, this doesn’t look good for AvP. If it does turn out to be a PG-13 movie, I can guarantee there will be a lot of angry fans out there.

Update: I’ve now found the whole paragraph in Empire Magazine where it explains about the rating.

Here’s another quote from Paul Anderson from last December:

“We’re not making any specific rated movie. We’re making the movie that we’re making and it’ll get the rating that it gets. There’s so much unpleasantness in this movie. I mean, it’s pretty gruesome.”

Update: I’ve now found the paragraph in Empire Magazine that says this:

“After a year in which R-Rated films – T3 , the matrix movies and bad boys II redefined what was a possible at the box office you`d expect Fox`s Alien vs Predator to be chockfull of nasty, wall to wall violence and gore, right? Wrong, “we want a PG-13,” executive producer Thomas Hammel told the insider on the prague set. Which means the film is likely to be a 12A/15 over here. “its horror, its gore, but its not blood spalttering the walls, Ratings have changed, im not sure Alien would be an 18 now”. its a decision that will upset the fanboys, but couls kickstart a sucessful franchise – leading lady – and token human – Sanaa Lathan told us that shes signed for atleast one more film. The original Alien queen, Sigourney Weaver however is not so convinced about the film, “hmmm, Aliens and Predators?” she laughed at the Empire awards “thats why i wanted to die in Alien 3″

Pvt Hudson

Pvt Hudson

guys dont worry AVP will be rated r for the main reasons that the aliens way of reproduction is a blatant sexual metaphor! the mpaa knows this and also, just the lifecycle is just downright disturbing for a pg13 movie! a creature that is less than pretty jumps on someones face forcibly shoves a tube down the hosts throat and then a creature rips its way out of the persons chest, this creature does nothing more than kill and thrive for the hive! just the knowledge alone should earn this movie an R rating! its like someof those comedie movies where there is no sex or language, theres just that undertone sexuality where sex isnt mentioned, its inuated.  just the implied life cycle of the alien should earn this movie an R rating so i dont see how its going to be Pg-13 and dont forget Executive producers dont do shit! they sit at their desks and just get little reports here and there while the director is doing the work! also in the trailer you see a shot of a predator and a hung human body (presumably skinned) so already im thinking this is too much for a pg-13

also, if paul anderson is true when he says everyone working on this is a fanboy even they wouldnt put up for a pg 13

kysgr

kysgr

???   If the movie is PG-13 and stinks because it is missing the eliments of the previous alien/predator movies (what anderson wants in the first place), I'm placing blaim on the producers and not on Paul Anderson.  If it is PG-13 i will personaly protest it till the DVD release.  PRODUCERS VS DIRECTOR !! WHO WILL WIN? IF it does become a PG-13 then I will thing the producers are trying to distroy Anderson's rep. on what he said in the prevous interviews!    :-\  

izzet

izzet

I have wrote to Fox via E-mail about the PG-13 tag and told them they will lose the core audience, the fans. yeah... like they will listen to me. No inner jaws, chest- bursting, no spinal rippin. this is worse news than seeing alien resurrection, at least that was graphic.

Aliminator

Aliminator

HEY EVERYBODY, GO WRITE A PROTEST LETTER OR E-MAIL TO THOMAS HAMMEL (EXECUTIVE PRODUCER) AND TELL HIM TO F**K OFF BECAUE HE WANTS AVP TO BE PG-13!!!!! MOTHER OF ALL BULLS**T!!!!!!!  AT LEAST PAUL ANDERSON WANTS IT RATED R, HORRAY, AND SOME OF YOU HATE PAUL ANDERSON, YOU GUYS SHOULD CHEER FOR HIM!!!!!

Goku

Goku

What's the address? He will hear from me!

Chughead

Chughead

'The Matrix' was rated R and the only really disturbing thing about that was that the machines use us as batteries. Now if that is considered gorier than aliens bursting out of chests and predators decapitating human heads then the MPAA couldn't tell their assholes from their elbows. Morons! This movie needs to be rated R to keep in continuity with the other films, if not then it'll be the odd one out. Trust us, we know.

Dutch from Holland

Dutch from Holland

Wow that would really suck, why dont just make a kidmovie for the whole family.  BTW I dont believe that it will be rated PG-13, I think he's just talking bullshit

Goku

Goku

PG-13   :-\   R

ripley's baby

ripley's baby

NO!!!NO!!!NO!!!  I refuse to sit in a cinema and hear little kids scream and cry every time someone dies!  PG-13/12A means NO trophie taking, NO chest bursting and NO upsidedown boddies! Not only is a non-gory AVP movie a stupid idea but preaty damn hard. Cameron managed to make Aliens not to gory, but that was still R/18! Still, a non-gory Predator movie is bloody impossible to make!!!!  i don't think this will happen, but if it does i will send fox s**t in the mail followed by a death threat!  P.S. Alien: Resurrection wasn't THAT bad!!!

cookies

cookies

Already i know the movie sucks becuase just mentioning the pg13 shows ther there isnt one human that gets blown to bits by a pred or one alien that bites into a human.  This is gonna be one boring movie.

Demonicus666

Demonicus666

>:D    All I know is if this is going to be pg-13 I am going to boycot this movie!!!  Why the F**k would they want a dumbass pg-13 rating anyhow?  I swear Fox just wants it for the money, and if thats the case then no fans will not go see this movie!  I propose to have a petition of some sort, I have been wating 14 years for this movie, and some dumb pg-13 rating will not ruining this movie!  The core audience is mostly going to contain Adults, and teenagers.  Why are they gonna butcher this movie, like they did with Robocop 3 it had a pg-13 rating and it should have stayed R.

I just read this from planet AVP,    James Dyer, Deputy Editor of Empire  Magazine, confirms to PlanetAvP that the AvP movie is  going for a 'PG-13' rating. They found out about it through  Thomas Hammel, Executive Producer for AvP, who talked with them  about movie's level of violence.    "We want a 'PG-13.' It's horror, it's thrills, it's gore,  but it's not blood splattering on the walls. Ratings have changed.  I'm not sure Alien would be an 18 now," Hammel says.    Basically, there'll be blood and gore in the movie, but not  so much it'll have to be rated 'R.'    Yesterday, a report from Dark  Horizons said Paul Anderson would be horrified at a 'PG-13'  rating. This could be sign of friction between the Director  and Producer, but we can't confirm anything yet.  This is big BS@!!!!  They are going to ruin the whole franchise I tell you.

Im thinking about making a webpage to send enough emails, or signatures to send to the producers of Fox, and tell them to change the rating from pg-13 to R.  Would you guys be interested in signing this petition?

Cookies

Cookies

what will telling fox to rate it rated R do for the movie!?  It wont make it more violant. If this is going through fox then that means the movie has no gore which sucks.

Killer_Kakashi

Killer_Kakashi

Or it means there is gore now but they'd cut it out for the pg-13 release   >:D   it makes me mad. cutting the gory scenes from the film. it's like taking away the center of a totsipop. what's the point of eating it now?   :-\  

Weyland

Weyland

Someone post this guy's e-mail address so we can give him a piece of our mind!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed