NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 814,832 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Mar 31, 2019, 04:37:03 AM
It is, the head doesn't come out that far. The whole thing's off.
Quote from: skhellter on Mar 31, 2019, 05:38:24 AM
Neca's sculpt was apparently based on a sideshow Newborn statue, rather than the movie design.
I just noticed that despite this, the product listing on BBTS says "The Newborn features a screen-accurate sculpt".

Uhhhhhh ???

The Old One

The Old One

Endure my NECA Neomorph pain.

MAFEX Neomorph someday pls.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I almost feel bad that I haven't gotten the Newborn despite clamoring for it for a long time, but my excitement just isn't there for NECA much anymore.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Stupid question: are the human figures generally cheaper than Alien figures?

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Really depends on where you're buying from. From what I see at least, some marines like Vasquez are expensive beyond belief. I mostly see the humans being more expensive than the aliens. Though that's because I usually hunt down good deals for multiple aliens. Some older rarer human figures can be more expensive than old aliens. That's what I've seen, could be a different situation depending on the location.

Though with newer releases it's about the same between humans and aliens.

P. S. The Neca Newborn is weird. Depending on the angle, it looks better and worse than the one in the movie, at the same time! I'm glad I'm not getting that one...

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

It all depends on where you buy from but I believe they all cost the same price, depending on what wave they're from that is.
When Toys R Us was around I remember the Big Red's I had bought were $17.99, Aliens wave 1 were all $21.99. I pay a little bit more now from a local comic shop, but the most recent Predator and Kenner Alien waves were all $27.99 a pop.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 11, 2019, 08:09:52 AM
Endure my NECA Neomorph pain.

MAFEX Neomorph someday pls.
I can excuse that because the filmmakers changed the design after NECA made their prototypes and didn't bother telling them. Although NECA continuing to put "screen accurate sculpt" on the figure packaging was pretty tacky.

They don't really have that excuse with the Newborn.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Could it be screen accurate relative to a thing they at least briefly used? That does happen time to time where a sculpt will resemble a different Hero or Stunt suit/prop. Maybe they got reference from a couple of different sources?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

A cursory google image search brings up the ADI puppet, and the NECA figure is demonstrably wrong.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

If NECA viewed the sideshow Newborn statue on a monitor screen, they can technically say their figure is "screen accurate".

;)

Vark_

Vark_

Far-fetched, but legit  ;D.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Hey repainters, how do you tackle the joints? In stages? Avoid them?

SeegsonRep

SeegsonRep

Glad to see Parker is coming. Would love to see Ash as well.

Morse and/or Golic would be amazing too. Any chance one of the "bonuses/accessories" with the ultimate dog alien could be a human figure?  Prob not. It's probably an ox and a queen face hugger so with the creature pack you could do either form of the film in your display.

And Corporal Hicks, have you ever considered approaching someone from the states and from the forum obviously to help you acquire NECA Aliens earlier? If you have a friend on here or something that was willing to order the figures you want and ship them via air from the states you might be able to get them sooner than waiting for them to sail across the sea and however long it takes to get to a store and placed on a shelf. I can't recall if you said how much later the uk gets neca stuff but I got the impression it was a while. Depending on the price of shipping and if you have a willing friend, might be worth looking into.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Apr 13, 2019, 12:15:49 AM
Hey repainters, how do you tackle the joints? In stages? Avoid them?

Joints are usually going to rub no matter what you do (you can even see it with NECA's factory paint some times). I've seen a few people say they carve the joints out a little bit to avoid this, but I'd rather have tight joints than a perfect paint job if I'm being honest. I paint them and seal them regardless, some times it holds and some times it doesn't.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Thanks :) I'm going to have a go at one of my NECA Warriors but I'm really used to HIPS plastic and metal (or at worst, fairly rigid resin) figures and the moving parts and soft materials scare me, frankly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed