Aliens/Predator: Panel to Panel

Started by Darkness, Nov 21, 2006, 06:11:58 AM

Author
Aliens/Predator: Panel to Panel (Read 5,525 times)

Darkness

Darkness

I was looking on Dark Horse earlier and found this book. It has some great Predator artwork in the preview. Was released a few months ago. Anybody got it?

Two extraterrestrial species have haunted-and hunted-mankind throughout history: one a parasitic killing machine that uses humans as unwilling hosts for its lethal offspring, the other a relentless stalker that uses otherworldly stealth technology and weaponry to take men as grisly trophy kills. For over two decades, Dark Horse Comics has catalogued these terrifying contacts, harnessing the talents of a virtual who's who list of comics, science-fiction, and fantasy illustrators to bring these tales to life. And now, one deluxe volume gathers all the best of these visual horrors into one arena.

Aliens/Predator Panel to Panel showcases page after page of some of the most compelling artworks ever seen in graphic fiction, stunning visions by John Bolton, Dave Dorman, Mark Schultz, Richard Corben, Mike Mignola, Doug Wheatley, Arthur Suydam, Mark A. Nelson, Alex Maleev, Den Beauvais, Glenn Fabry, Jon Foster, David Michael Beck, Sam Keith, Doug Mahnke, and many, many more.

• Aliens/Predator Panel to Panel is an absolute must for any Aliens, Predator, and Alien vs. Predator collection as well as for science-fiction and fantasy art enthusiasts.

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=13-398

The Ultimate Predator

It looks quite good, but I haven't got it.

Mystic Lemons

Woo, that looks pretty. I'm buying it.

The Ultimate Predator

Compulsive buying, the best way to spend your money.  ;D

Mystic Lemons

I got it for Christmas! Yay! It is lovely!

Accaris

Accaris

I decided to resurrect this topic because I found and bought this book from Barnes & Noble over the weekend.

This thing is fantastic, huge, print quality artwork from the whole AVP expanded universe. The book has some of the best and most iconic images from the franchise. I liked the fourth chapter, which had miscellaneous artwork, with captions insinuating that Darkhorse knows when they've printed something stupid. :)

fluxcap

fluxcap

I just bought this at a used book store. Beautiful book. If your like me and you grew up ogling the covers of Alien and Predator comics during the early 90s, this is a must have. Beautiful high quality reproductions of all the covers minus the logos and buy lines.

predxeno

predxeno

I have it.  It's a book full of interesting pics of Aliens and Predators.  It's for those who truly appreciate the design, art, beauty, and elegance of these two creatures.

MrBrokenTusks.

I am looking into buying it it looks interesting.

huntin8-t0n

I had approx. two or three weeks ago. It is truly amazing imo, and blows your mind :)

vikingspawn

It's an awesome collection book to have.   It collects the best Aliens/Predator Dark Horse artwork without all the added logos and titles from the original comics and books.    And some other bonus extras in the back too.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

I got this book for Father's Day.  It's a mixed bag.  Some of the pics are really great, most are just okay.  A few of them weren't worth printing.  There's passages from the comics with many of the panels.  Unfortunately, some of these reminded me why I quit buying the comics in the first place.  The Aliens are often referred to as "bugs".  I absolutely hate that!   Some images, like the one vikingspawn uses for his avatar, are strangely absent from this book.  But there are other pics in there that I've wanted for a long time, making this book worthwhile.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I went ahead and bought it a while ago in a fit of "compulsive buying."

predxeno

predxeno

I bought the book cause I said "What the heck.  It's AVP related."  vikingspawn's avatar doesn't show up on my computer, though, there's only a box with a red "x." :(

Corporal Hicks

Good old Chinese internet censoring, I guess?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed