Leaked images from the set? *spoilers within*

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 28, 2016, 06:42:31 AM

Author
Leaked images from the set? *spoilers within* (Read 75,604 times)

whiterabbit

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 05, 2016, 07:27:15 AM
Quote from: TheBATMAN on Nov 03, 2016, 09:21:11 AM
Having David create the Alien would not make them 'alien'.

Heck, having the engineers create the aliens already makes them not alien.
Alright it's official, big chap is an illegal alien!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 05, 2016, 07:27:15 AM
Quote from: TheBATMAN on Nov 03, 2016, 09:21:11 AM
Having David create the Alien would not make them 'alien'.

Heck, having the engineers create the aliens already makes them not alien.

I'm somewhat sold on the idea that the Engineers aren't the true Jockey's - whether that comes to pass or not, it's my preference fanon at the minute. I like the idea of the Jockeys being the creators of the Alien though, I always have. Just as long as its from times long gone.

whiterabbit

Just to drum up the matter, alien doesn't have to mean naturally occurring evolved organism. Even as an engineered weapon the alien can still be considered a true alien by definition. So no sense in getting hung up on that. Still the bottom line is that thanks to the alien murals in Prometheus, it is cemented in alien lore that the creature existed long before David and his experiments. Worse case it's a resurrection... ugh that word again.

Those leaked pictures are pretty damning in my opinion. The bust of that old decrepit alien is in fact going to be the creator of the engineers and thus our creator by linage. It all fits Ridley's own description during the production of Prometheus.

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Nov 03, 2016, 08:45:21 AM
Perhaps David realizes, after all of his experimentation, that he is the missing ingredient in creating the 'perfect organism' and that 'sometimes to create, one must first destroy.'

I agree that this is probably the way this is headed...but he would NEVER do this to himself, as his experiments would cease and he's FAR too narcisistic...Oh, look..."Walter,...can you help me with this?...."

Necronomicon II

How about this: The original xenomorphs were intelligent and had a culture; a culture of power and domination, one decided to become more powerful and mutated itself into becoming the classic xenomorph; the perfect organism. This ancient civilization eventually succumbs to self-destruction after much conflict, with one notable poor sap succumbing to deadly cargo and crashing on LV-426.  All that remains are the "engineers" - a creation of the ancient, intelligent xenomorphs - isolated on a planet to carry on the legacy. What was left of the xenomorphs was broken down into the accelerant, and locked away forever, with a covenant made never to re-animate it. Someone broke that covenant...

Scorpio

The original xenomorphs looked like the deacon, as evidenced by the mural in Prometheus.  THOSE are ancient, but the ones we all know are a new strain.

The Alien Predator

My excitement for this film grows the closer we get to release. I simply cannot wait to see the Pompell scene! How do you guys imagine it on screen? Will it be night time? Will it be all foggy and gloomy? Or will it be on a bright and sunny day? Even from that picture, during the daylight the statues still looked bleak and macabre. That's a good sign, it goes to show that regardless of lighting, that scene could still be eerie as ever.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Nov 05, 2016, 04:40:38 PM
My excitement for this film grows the closer we get to release. I simply cannot wait to see the Pompell scene! How do you guys imagine it on screen? Will it be night time? Will it be all foggy and gloomy? Or will it be on a bright and sunny day? Even from that picture, during the daylight the statues still looked bleak and macabre. That's a good sign, it goes to show that regardless of lighting, that scene could still be eerie as ever.

This. 8)

AsapJockey

Quote from: Scorpio on Nov 05, 2016, 04:32:43 PM
The original xenomorphs looked like the deacon, as evidenced by the mural in Prometheus.  THOSE are ancient, but the ones we all know are a new strain.

I Believe this is where it will be decided that its original form what that, more fleshy, then biomechanical elements will be infused.....Walter.

whiterabbit

Quote from: AsapJockey on Nov 06, 2016, 09:31:19 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on Nov 05, 2016, 04:32:43 PM

I Believe this is where it will be decided that its original form what that, more fleshy, then biomechanical elements will be infused.....Walter.
Maybe we'll finally find out if the alien has a soul or not.

Infected

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Nov 05, 2016, 04:40:38 PM
They probably stand in front of the real supreme space jockey and he is not pleased and instantly shoots a fart and wipes out the entire engineer race.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 05, 2016, 07:27:15 AMHeck, having the engineers create the aliens already makes them not alien.

It sort of doesn't, because the Engineers are aliens too :P

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 07, 2016, 11:04:47 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 05, 2016, 07:27:15 AMHeck, having the engineers create the aliens already makes them not alien.

It sort of doesn't, because the Engineers are aliens too :P

Unless you're referring to the illegal kind.  :P

HuDaFuK

Chicken/egg.

bobby brown

You think that head/bust prop is our first glimpse of our new aliens?
Looking at its display stand, I guess it's not a prop, but a maquette.

I really hope it is not.
Aliens are supposed to be partly beautiful. Really don't feel this redneck hillbilly mutant approach.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed