Trilobite Spotted on Alien: Covenant Set

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 13, 2016, 11:47:25 AM

Author
Trilobite Spotted on Alien: Covenant Set (Read 24,822 times)

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Apr 13, 2016, 03:06:28 PM
I must be honest...my first reaction was disappointment...it's just that I want new monsters and the original Xenomorph  :-\ but I guess an adult Deacon could be great too :P

Yeah, I'm kind of meh, as well

Stolen

I'm still skeptical about the source ... but cool pics

XENOMORPHOSIS

Wonder if it will be given a cohesive explanation unlike in Prometheus.

Where a person infected by black goo prior to mutating has sex with a woman and impregnates her "even though she's baron" trilobites spawned, grows to a gigantic size to act similar to a facehugger to impregnate its host with a Deacon xenomorph.

Wonder how much they'll allude to the xenomorphs evolution to its classic form. I'll probably be wrong about this but they might pull a Terminator Salvation where the film featured the early iteration of Terminator T-600, and right and the end we got the T-800.

Though unlikely it could be possible that this film will feature the ancestors of the xenomorph "i.e. Deacon or like in the original Alien Engineers script the Beluga Alien" and towards the 3rd act feature the classic Xenomorph.

Supposedly Scott had revealed the Xenomorph spawned from an Engineer known as the Ultramorph will play a role.

LordCassusSnow

Hmm, i was thinking this scene could have been at the beginning. The vehicle we see looked like a survey module and when i saw the pics of it blowing up i thought, religious terrorism perhaps? Would be interesting to see this movie take that turn. As for the trilobite, which i personally call the star beast, it might be a lifeform thats living in the surrounding body of water. Or it could be a stand in for something else?  Idk i just reeaally hope this doesn't turn into avatar -_-

CainsSon

Quote from: 420Buddy on Apr 13, 2016, 02:20:15 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 13, 2016, 01:55:28 PM
Maybe David's been mixing shit in a bowl.

Or is a rapist.

Both  ;D

Must have grown himself some Promethean man parts lol.

This.
I know Ive said it before, but I'm expecting David to be a Dr. Moreau type.

LordCassusSnow

Btw, with the new engineer head being sculpted, i was wondering, does anyone else feel like this movie might be taking place on LV-223 again? It would make sense as fox put restrictions on certain ideas that were pitched during the creation of Fire and Stone leaving us with an almost completely different story that had as many issues as Prometheus. Anyway, i always thought telling the story of the company going to investigate LV-223 would have been great filler until the third movie where we catch up to Shaw.

CainsSon

Darkness

Just how reliable is this information? It doesn't really make sense for that thing to appear again on a completely different ship when it was a complete anomaly for it to happen to Shaw. This movie is sounding more and more like a rehash of the first one which is what they should be avoiding. And really, could he actually see what the creature was from that sort of distance. He could have mistaken it for something else.

Corporal Hicks

It's not 100%. The fella was pretty specific and certain of it. He also posted new pictures of the locations so I don't doubt he's there. I think there's a possibility he may have mistaken a face-hugger but with him specifically calling it out as the trilobite I think he's pretty certain of what he saw.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Darkness on Apr 13, 2016, 04:21:03 PM
This movie is sounding more and more like a rehash of the first one which is what they should be avoiding.

My sentiments as well.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 13, 2016, 04:35:45 PM
This movie is sounding more and more like a rehash of the first one which is what they should be avoiding.

My sentiments as well.

I agree, if it doesn't build and move forward, then it moves backwards.

oduodu

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 13, 2016, 04:35:45 PM

My sentiments as well.

Same here

426Buddy

To be fair it's a bit early to make that call considering all we have is some location shots and one snapshot of an unfinished set.

Enoch

Quote from: 420Buddy on Apr 13, 2016, 05:47:49 PM
To be fair it's a bit early to make that call considering all we have is some location shots and one snapshot of an unfinished set.

Absolutely! We know nothing yet. Wait the movie, and then we shall all make a final judgment of this franchise!

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Enoch on Apr 13, 2016, 05:56:35 PM
Quote from: 420Buddy on Apr 13, 2016, 05:47:49 PM

Absolutely! We know nothing yet. Wait the movie, and then we shall all make a final judgment of this franchise!

That's definitely true, but I think its fair to say that most of us don't want a rehash of what was done before.  We would like to see new creatures and ideas.  Most people would probably want to see a Gigeresque reality as well.  That's just my guess.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed