Two ALIEN TV Shows in the works (Rumour)

Started by Gazz, Feb 13, 2019, 11:17:16 PM

Author
Two ALIEN TV Shows in the works (Rumour) (Read 49,246 times)

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 28, 2020, 02:24:59 PM
The Marines have nothing to do with the original ideas of O'Bannon and Shusett either. They're entirely a construct of Hill, Giler and Cameron.

Oh, rolls eyes, I know. But they are closer than meaningless and the worn-out сorporation of stupidity. At least the Colonial Marines promise adventure and fun in contrast to the boring, cliched evil corporation that is the perfect food for misanthropists and pathetic edgelords.

Nightmare Asylum

Maybe I'm a "misanthropist and pathetic edgelord" but I don't really find the Colonial Marines in Aliens to be adventurous or fun. They're people thrown into a situation they don't understand at all, underestimating it every step of the way, and they get slaughtered because of it.

Yippie!

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Drukathi on Sep 28, 2020, 02:34:14 PMOh, rolls eyes, I know. But they are closer than meaningless and the worn-out сorporation of stupidity. At least the Colonial Marines promise adventure and fun in contrast to the boring, cliched evil corporation that is the perfect food for misanthropists and pathetic edgelords.

I'm not sure I have enough fingers on my hands to count all the boring, cliched future space marine stories we've had over the years.

Drukathi

It doesn't matter, I'm not going to change your mind. And I still believe that corporate intrigue - one of the most boring things in the universe. Except for melodrama. It will destroy the Alien Universe and turn away fans of other worlds.

Richman678

I have to agree here.

If you make the movie/show about the alien you get a creature feature (which is not what you want)

People need to feel for characters when they get killed. Like the chills you get watching Hudson get dragged under the floor, or how bad you feel watching Lambert break down as certain death approaches her.

I would rather have 4 episodes introduce a setting and characters followed by 4 hours of terror. Rather than opening shot of random person getting eaten, or killed, or whatever.

Immortan Jonesy

Why were they wearing dirty sneakers in this funky spaceship?

FreeFacehugz

"'This is great. Not only is there great human drama, but there's aliens!'"

I'm glad this wasn't made.

BlueMarsalis79

Why exactly? Aliens and Alien³ live and breathe human drama.

Kimarhi

Aliens running around killing humans without context would be pretty f**king boring.

If that is your kick boot up AvP or AvP2 and play the Alien campaign. 

If there is no human characters to care about nobody will give a shit. 

I wouldn't want a story of only WY that is of any length just because it HAS been played out over the years, even when they called it Bionational in the comics.  But a story that involves different aspects of the universe functioning in tandem with other parts of it would be nice.

Lets say you have somebody in ICC quarantine trying to find out why WY is trying to be so elusive with shipments coming to and from a deep space black lab or something like that.  Or the United Americas government catching wind of WY wrong doings and sending out an investigative team.  WY can't be too powerful or Burke wouldnt even bother trying to pull a fast one on the Marines.  He would've just ordered the Marines to take the facehuggers back and that would've been that.  There are all kinds of different dynamics and power struggles that could be explored.

There are other aspects of the universe that can be expanded on.  It doesn't have to just be WY and the Colonial Marines.

Local Trouble

You mean Van Leuwen isn't the CEO of WY and they don't own the USCM?  ???

SM

Silence pathetic edgelord!

SiL

SiL

I maintain an Alien-less series would be more Outland and less Corporate Intrigue 2122.

Tell Hadley's Hope getting overrun in a series? Or a similar situation.

Congratulations, you can put together engaging character drama and Alien fun times and avoid the Colonial Marines and work in some corporate shitf**kery.

SM

Cold Forge is arguably the most popular Alien book and that's all about corporate intrigue.

It's not just that though.

Don't make an Alien TV show that doesn't have Aliens in it (not that that was what the dude was even saying anyway).

TC

TC

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Sep 28, 2020, 07:13:27 AM
I'm thinking The Terror meets The Expanse.

I was watching The Expanse not so long ago and it occurred to me how well it matched up to a potential Alien series:

Three rival factions, Earth, Mars, and the Belters, could have been W-Y, Seegson and UPP. The protomolecule everyone is chasing could have been xenos. The alien stargate that appears could have been space jockey tech.

The Expanse has alien mystery and conflict, political intrigue, military action, and a solid sci-fi base.

Maybe Hawley missed  the boat a long time ago. Maybe his Alien series has already been done; all it was missing was, you know, Aliens.

TC

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Sep 30, 2020, 04:01:19 AM
Silence pathetic edgelord!

But isn't that how the RPG is trending though?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed