Day one Patch : Alien Isolation confirmed

Started by Seegson, Oct 01, 2014, 01:39:37 PM

Author
Day one Patch : Alien Isolation confirmed (Read 16,879 times)

St_Eddie

Quote from: Seegson on Oct 02, 2014, 11:38:24 AM
If AI its free of thouse bugs since day one, i dont see "that" a bad business practice, but oh well

Okay, let me put it to you this way; not everyone has the Internet at home (I should know, I'm one of those people).  There have been situations in the past where I've purchased a game for my PS3 and have been unable to update it with a day one patch, leading to an extremely buggy experience that simply shouldn't have been in the first place ('Fallout: New Vegas', I'm looking at you).

Seegson

No offense mate, but we are in 2014. Internet its everywhere, you are using it right now (after all, this is a internet forum, and your forum sig has youtube links). You even cant play 90% of PC games without a internet conection, so is not an excuse anymore : /

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Seegson on Oct 02, 2014, 01:32:27 PM
No offense mate, but we are in 2014. Internet its everywhere...

I'm aware of the year, thank you.   Technically speaking, the Internet isn't everywhere but I see your point.  However, why do you assume that everybody has access to the Internet at their place of residence, where their gaming machines are located?  I already said that I don't have the Internet at my flat.  I don't have it because I can't afford it.  I'm not alone in this.  Good for you, that you can afford to maintain an Internet connection but I cannot afford such a thing.  So, offense very much taken actually.

Quote from: Seegson on Oct 02, 2014, 01:32:27 PM...you are using it right now (after all, this is a internet forum, and your forum sig has youtube links).

Check out my forum post history and you'll see a pattern of only ever posting every couple of months; guess why that is?

It could be because I'm using an Internet café or a public library.  However, in this case it's because I'm currently staying over at my parents house for a couple of weeks (they live an hours drive from my home), hence why I sometimes (read: rarely) have temporary access to the Internet.

Quote from: Seegson on Oct 02, 2014, 01:32:27 PMYou even cant play 90% of PC games without a internet conection, so is not an excuse anymore : /

Excuse?!  I literally can not afford to maintain an Internet connection at my flat.  I do not have the means.  My finances do not allow such a thing.  The very fact I'm buying 'Alien: Isolation' is a rarity in of itself.  I can only afford to treat myself to a single game (or a few DVDs) once every three months.  I am 32 years of age, mentally handicapped and on benefits in the UK (where disabled people on welfare are currently being put through the ringer).  How's that for an "excuse"?

Perhaps you should consider that not everybody in this life is as well off as you, hmm?

In response to your mention of PC games requiring an Internet connection; did I not give an example earlier of having trouble with 'Fallout: New Vegas' for PS3 (on which, games don't require an Internet connection)?  Oh yeah, I did...

Xenoscream

While I take on-board that others have said about the development cycle (I work as a project manager implementing large scale IT systems so I truly emphasise) the reason alarm bells starting ringing for me are two-fold:

1. CA have a track record of releasing buggy games, check near the bottom of this article for an example (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_War:_Rome_II)
2. They went gold and released this to reviewers with blocking defects, which by nature are serious and not necessarily hard to find, which makes me wonder how many more were missed, or required fixes which could not be done in time?

Now I seriously hope that my concerns are unfounded, I've pre-ordered and I can't wait to play this game, but how often are there really day one patches?

St_Eddie

Quote from: Xenoscream on Oct 02, 2014, 02:30:16 PM
While I take on-board that others have said about the development cycle (I work as a project manager implementing large scale IT systems so I truly emphasise) the reason alarm bells starting ringing for me are two-fold:

1. CA have a track record of releasing buggy games, check near the bottom of this article for an example (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_War:_Rome_II)
2. They went gold and released this to reviewers with blocking defects, which by nature are serious and not necessarily hard to find, which makes me wonder how many more were missed, or required fixes which could not be done in time?

My thoughts and concerns exactly.  As to the actual state of the game; time will tell.  Fingers crossed though.

Quote from: Xenoscream on Oct 02, 2014, 02:30:16 PM...how often are there really day one patches?

Not having regular access to the Internet, I'm not sure but I strongly suspect that it happens way more often than it ought to.

Nightlord

Quote from: Xenoscream on Oct 02, 2014, 02:30:16 PM

Now I seriously hope that my concerns are unfounded, I've pre-ordered and I can't wait to play this game, but how often are there really day one patches?
Rome 2 is playable now for the most part, also this is a different development team. You can't really blame the total war guys if Isolation has a buggy release.

Pretty much every game nowadays has a day one patch so really it's not that unusual at all.

PRI. HUDSON

I will give CA the benefit of the doubt, as most games have day 1 patches.

Krayzie

Krayzie

896MB patch, seems like they forgot to add the difference in graphics in the update menu to these patch notes, or they're incomplete

con_wills

con_wills

Well said mate some people are ignorant and dont appreciate that not everyone is able to have the privileged things they have or can obtain on a regular basis.

I hope we both enjoy Alien Isolation!

Sorry my comment was for St_Eddie! I thought it replied directly to your earlier comment!

Hopefully this game will be decent!

Jordan WAH

Jordan WAH

I have experienced the rewiring boxes will not let me back out. Making me have to reload last save. I don't see how it could be displaying wrong key commands. Its simply working at one time, and not working the rest.
If theres another button Besides Q Please tell me.
Or if there's something keeping me from exiting rewiring boxes, I don't see what it could be.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: con_wills on Oct 07, 2014, 09:00:37 PM
Well said mate some people are ignorant and dont appreciate that not everyone is able to have the privileged things they have or can obtain on a regular basis.

Aye, it's a bizarre way of viewing the world to be sure; "I have Internet at home, therefore everybody else must do also".  I don't think that I'll ever quite be able to wrap my head around that way of thinking.

Quote from: con_wills on Oct 07, 2014, 09:00:37 PMI hope we both enjoy Alien Isolation!

If my copy ever actually turns up in the post, I will!  :-\

hfeldhaus

internet is cheap as shit these days. i get 30mb download for £15 a month. i could have got 20mb for £7.50 a month. i dont know how much it is in the US but the internet isn't a privilege for most people

St_Eddie

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Oct 09, 2014, 10:06:00 PM
internet is cheap as shit these days. i get 30mb download for £15 a month. i could have got 20mb for £7.50 a month. i dont know how much it is in the US but the internet isn't a privilege for most people

I am also British by the way.  I am also poor.  I really can't afford £15 a month without worrying about not being able to pay my bills.  There are also installation costs (I don't even have a phone line).  Also, is 30mb a month even going to begin to cover the sheer number of megabytes (or even gigabytes) that are required by game patches these days (which is what led to this discussion in the first place)?

Having said that, I don't want to make a big deal out of it.  I was just explaining as to my reason for not having access to the Internet.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: St_Eddie on Oct 09, 2014, 10:24:07 PM
Quote from: hfeldhaus on Oct 09, 2014, 10:06:00 PM

I am also British by the way.  I am also poor.  I really can't afford £15 a month without worrying about not being able to pay my bills.  There are also installation costs (I don't even have a phone line).  Also, is 30mb a month even going to begin to cover the sheer number of megabytes (or even gigabytes) that are required by game patches these days (which is what led to this discussion in the first place)?

Having said that, I don't want to make a big deal out of it.  I was just explaining as to my reason for not having access to the Internet.

i meant 30mb/s download speed. if you have a contract phone you can normally get great deals for broadband for just being a customer.

i'd recommend finding a way to download the patch, i hate poor lip syncing. this shouldn't really happen in video games the process should be much easier to perfect than live action which can be an absolute bitch to get right.

ikarop

ikarop

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed