Day one Patch : Alien Isolation confirmed

Started by Seegson, Oct 01, 2014, 01:39:37 PM

Author
Day one Patch : Alien Isolation confirmed (Read 17,037 times)

Seegson

Seegson

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Q0wOavsypzMJ:playfront.de/alien-isolation-sega-day-one&strip=1

I know the lyp-sync fix its important (hurra!!), but take a look about the "exploration" stuff...wow...it seems the Station its more open for exploration and than i previously thought O_O

Backtracking too?

Baron_ov_LV426

Niceee  8)

RayneStorm82

Cool. Thanks for sharing!

Samus007

When i click that link I get a 404 Error.  :(

Darkness

Darkness

Looks like that has been removed now too. I guess they didn't want that posted yet.

Check the news post for full patch notes: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2014/10/01/alien-isolation-day-one-patch-notes/

Vrastal

seems like people are getting the game early from diffenet places i guess

Adam802

good to know lip-syncing will be fixed.

ikarop

ikarop

For some reason these notes almost sound like pointers for reviewers. Bit odd way to summarize fixes.

Xenoscream

They went gold with blocking bugs like this? I'm really surprised as this sounds like pretty basic stuff and no doubt the reviewers will pick up on it.

I had heard Rome 2 was so buggy that CA had to apologise to fans. I sincerely hope that doesn't end up being the case here. Fingers crossed for Tuesday.

Zer_

Zer_

@Xenoscream

I've been a video game tester for ~6-7 years now. I'm done with game testing at this point, but I did learn a lot.

A day one patch is usually due to new issues being found later in the development cycle. Throughout a project it's quite rare that you don't find one or two serious issues in the months leading to release. At this point in the project, builds have already been submitted (or are about to be submitted) to Sony and Microsoft for certification. If Cert finds an issue, the option to resolve those issues in a day 1 patch as opposed to delaying the game is there.

It is a bit of a nuisance for gamers, but not a huge one.

Though I do hope that Alien: Isolation isn't too buggy on release.

The Necronoir

Quote from: Xenoscream on Oct 02, 2014, 10:02:38 AM
They went gold with blocking bugs like this? I'm really surprised as this sounds like pretty basic stuff and no doubt the reviewers will pick up on it.

I had heard Rome 2 was so buggy that CA had to apologise to fans. I sincerely hope that doesn't end up being the case here. Fingers crossed for Tuesday.
The decision to go gold and other milestones are often influenced or dictated by the publisher - that's just an economic reality. I don't think we should chastise developers for continuing to refine the product in the downtime between submitting the software for distribution and it reaching consumers though. Would you rather a day one patch, or a broken game for weeks or months?

Day one DLC is another thing...

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Xenoscream on Oct 02, 2014, 10:02:38 AM
They went gold with blocking bugs like this?

Aye, it doesn't bode well.  Whatever the case, it's pretty inexcusable to ship a game with so many game breaking bugs.  I know that it's often standard practice these days for a game to have a day one patch but that doesn't make it right.  I miss the days of a game being good to go straight out of the box.  This modern "meh, who cares about these bugs, we'll fix it after release.  The Internet means that we don't have to worry about QA prior to going gold" attitude from developers is pretty bloody pathetic.

...Okay, rant over.

Quote from: The Necronoir on Oct 02, 2014, 11:09:03 AM
The decision to go gold and other milestones are often influenced or dictated by the publisher - that's just an economic reality. I don't think we should chastise developers for continuing to refine the product in the downtime between submitting the software for distribution and it reaching consumers though. Would you rather a day one patch, or a broken game for weeks or months?

I don't agree with this.  As the consumer, should I care whether it's the developer or publisher who's responsible for such things?  That's like saying that if I go to a restaurant and order a chips, only to receive a plate of unpeeled spuds; I shouldn't complain because it was the managers fault and not the chef's.  I'm paying my money; I have a right to expect a certain level of quality assurance.  Of course there's nothing wrong with patching a game down the line but day one patches are an abhorrent practice.

Quote from: The Necronoir on Oct 02, 2014, 11:09:03 AMDay one DLC is another thing...

Which 'Alien: Isolation' is also guilty of (even if they're holding back the ability to buy the DLC immediately for those who didn't pre-order the game).

Seegson

Dont think thouse are "mayor bugs" imho. Most of them are listed like "there is a small chance of...blablah".
And most of the people who played for 6/8 hours seems to love it...so definely thouse arent gamebraker bugs

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Seegson on Oct 02, 2014, 11:13:58 AM
Dont think thouse are "mayor bugs" imho. Most of them are listed like "there is a small chance of...blablah".
And most of the people who played for 6/8 hours seems to love it...so definely thouse arent gamebraker bugs

I don't doubt that I'll be getting a lot of enjoyment out of the game and dare I say it, I'll possibly even end up loving the experience (what I've seen so far would suggest so) but that doesn't mean that I'm willing to hand-wave a crappy attitude to QA, simply because I'm stoked for the franchise and this game in particular.

I don't want to come across as overly negative; after-all, I'm really looking forward to getting my grubby mitts on this game.  I just don't understand how some people can make excuses for bad business practice.

Seegson

If AI its free of thouse bugs since day one, i dont see "that" a bad business practice, but oh well

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed