Didn't care for it (2/5)
39 (15.5%)
It sucked (1/5)
49 (19.5%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 251

Author
The Predator Fan Reviews (Read 96,577 times)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 03, 2018, 08:03:21 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Oct 02, 2018, 08:34:26 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 02, 2018, 06:43:21 PM
Putting Dutch into The Predator would've fixed precisely none of its problems.

I don't get why people think it's so important.

Exactly. And the guy took out a predator with mere luck in the end... Doesn't make him an expert on the matter.

But if he was going to come back, I think that'd be the most realistic way of him being back. Or another Predator comes and tries to track him down as he's seen as challenge.

Personally, I was hoping Harrigan would crawl out of that pod at the end, though.  :P

Those Predators seeking dutch must not realize that at 70 odds years of age, he isn't going to be lifting logs and running around jungles anymore.

Predator: Damn I thought I had found the ultimate challenge.

Old Dutch: I'm sorry, can you speak up, my hearing isn't as good as it used to be.

Somewhere in the backgound... Harrigan: Hey what about me? I dueled one of you and won! "crack" Oww!!, my hip!!.

:laugh:
In all seriousness, Arnie looks great for his age and still doing stuff but physically, he and by extension, his character isn't going to much of a threat. It would have to be through pure cunning and intelligence, unless of course he wore that darn Predator Killer.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Him being in some secret government unit is the only way I see it work. Him being in the pod from the Predator's home world or even just mothership sounds cringy as hell.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Maybe he took over O.W.L.F. after the death of P2 Keyes. Since they are a different organisation to Stargazer arent they?

von

von

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 03, 2018, 10:42:27 AM
Maybe he took over O.W.L.F. after the death of P2 Keyes. Since they are a different organisation to Stargazer arent they?

According to the prequel novel, Stargazer evolved from OWLF.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Cruentus on Oct 03, 2018, 08:39:33 AM

Old Dutch: I'm sorry, can you speak up, my hearing isn't as good as it used to be.

Somewhere in the backgound... Harrigan: Hey what about me? I dueled one of you and won! "crack" Oww!!, my hip!!.

You forgot to make Harrigan say... "I'm too old for this shit."  ; :D

This movie needs to be made!  Get this script to Fox!

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 03, 2018, 11:47:33 AM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Oct 03, 2018, 08:39:33 AM

You forgot to make Harrigan say... "I'm too old for this shit."  ; :D

This movie needs to be made!  Get this script to Fox!
It's always sunny might just do such a parody episode...

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: von on Oct 03, 2018, 10:49:43 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 03, 2018, 10:42:27 AM

According to the prequel novel, Stargazer evolved from OWLF.

Ah right. still need to read that

ChanceVance

ChanceVance

Just saw it a second time and well I enjoyed it. It still got a few chuckles out of me and I still think the cast was good. I think they really wasted the Fugitive Predator though. You have a Pred that's decided to risk its life and go rogue so it can get back at the ones who experimented on him unwillingly. That's pretty damn interesting but it hardly takes any focus once the idea is out there.

Upgrade just fails as a threat. He destroys the 'normal' one like the Spinosaurus did to the T-Rex in JP3 to say "Hey audience this is the bigger, badder villain now" but really he barely does anything. Half the loonies aren't even killed by him, he develops that annoying trait in movies where they'll kill everyone except the important people who he'll push away instead and fighting him doesn't seem like an immense struggle. 
Dutch and Royce set up elaborate traps while Harrigan pretty much has his back to the wall twice but he just happens to have a deadly weapon at the right time to counter with. McKenna just taking him on straight up is a little lacklustre by comparison. 

I'm glad though this time I could catch the human bad guy blowing his own head off. That flew by me on a first viewing. Also Munn's biologist character had to have some sort of military training in the past. She barely even flinches when the Fugitive makes his escape, just grabs a tranq gun and goes after it. 

Oh and on the current topic, I'd be happy never to see Dutch again. This isn't a series that needs to bring back old characters in an ironic attempt to breathe new life into it. Cameos are fine but making a good film should take precedence over thinking bringing characters back is going to bring audiences back or produce a better story.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

I wasn't bothered with Munn's familiarity with weapons. Not at all. Like her arguing why it shouldn't be a thing, it just worked fine for me.

Nathsp

Nathsp

I prefer duch return (i dont like the idea), but i prefer it over a new movies with mutant dna predators, or indopredators, or this shit that have no sense.
As i said before, i would like to see a movie in wich pred survives, or a movie set in the future, with some colonial marines, i know its the same, grup of soldiers and a pred, but i prefer that, i want a good action movie with some horror, or even some clan wars, in wich they erase the upgrade clan, saying that they are aberrations, and they should have never existed..

alexpop

alexpop

Ranking

Predator
Predator 2
AvP
The Predator ( Predator 4)

DB

DB

I thought it was pretty bad, but I was disappointed it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. I went in hoping it'd be so ridiculous I'd laugh at how bad it was but it didn't get to that point. I thought almost everything in the movie was absurd, and every attempt at an explanation made it seem even more absurd, but it wasn't enough to make it amusing. I found the scene in the bedroom to be legitimately funny, easily the most fun I had watching the movie.

Overall it's bad but not noteworthy enough to hate or even remember. I found myself having the mild curiosity to rewatch Predators some time ago, but I doubt that will happen with this one.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Always funny to see people rank AVP above The Predator  :laugh:

Obviously to each their own, but i suspect a lack of knowledge in cinema in most cases  ;D

The Old One

The Old One

That's condescending, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Claiming AVPR is superior to The Predator is absurd, AVP not so much.
The Predator- has worse editing than Prometheus and that's saying something.

Nathsp

Nathsp

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 05, 2018, 10:55:22 PM
That's condescending, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Claiming AVPR is superior to The Predator is absurd, AVP not so much.
The Predator- has worse editing than Prometheus and that's saying something.
Avp as bad you can consider it i better executed and has more sense overal, i really think avp is better executed than the predator,  well the predator doesnt even have execution, is scenes glued together

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed