Didn't care for it (2/5)
39 (15.5%)
It sucked (1/5)
49 (19.5%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 251

Author
The Predator Fan Reviews (Read 91,272 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 02, 2018, 03:10:23 AM
I know the studio wanted to move away from an Arnold staring vehicle, but I don't know why they didn't pursue a "Creed" or "Blade Runner 2049" formula where they bring back Arnold as "Dutch" and match him with someone like Michael B. Jordan or Ryan Gosling. Considering Arnold would have been reportedly interested in returning to the Predator franchise if his part was bigger, it certainly feels like a missed opportunity in my humble opinion to attract new fans as well as old.

Which, I think is the only way to bring Arnold back to the Predator series in a believable way. And to be honest, with the way the series is going, is the kind of draw they might need.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

But then again, you'd need to have a better scope than this film had. And I'm not sure if I would like the comic book angle with Dutch the ending of this film implied.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The best angle would have been something along the lines the prequel novel took with a Predator survivor teaching a new unit specifically devoted to hunting/fighting the Predators.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 02, 2018, 08:40:41 AM
The best angle would have been something along the lines the prequel novel took with a Predator survivor teaching a new unit specifically devoted to hunting/fighting the Predators.

That surely would have been terrific.

funk_master_chunk

funk_master_chunk

Spot on.

Been saying this for a while now.

Arnie in charge of a few Black Ops units and not in the thick of it would be the best way to utilise him.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: funk_master_chunk on Oct 02, 2018, 06:24:38 PM

Spot on.

Arnie in charge of a few Black Ops units and not in the thick of it would be the best way to utilise him.

Well the current Fox regime didn't want Schwarzenegger to be in a lead role, but that regime is changing soon.  And maybe, just maybe, if the new Terminator is a success next year, maybe new, smarter heads bring Dutch into the Predator fold one more time.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Putting Dutch into The Predator would've fixed precisely none of its problems.

I don't get why people think it's so important.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 02, 2018, 06:43:21 PM

A great story, great director, great cast will.  But Schwarzenegger's return would likely generate a lot of media buzz, a lot of interest, which likely will boost box-office grosses... definitely at the very least... internationally.

Plus I think many of us think Dutch's story shouldn't be over. We're looking forward here pretty much, not what they should have done with "The Predator"

The Old One

The Old One

Perhaps if Terminator is successful in the future Predator, Arnold Schwarzenegger returns?

Perhaps.

Shaeffer11

Shaeffer11

I plan on seeing it again in the theater as it may be the last time seeing the Pred on the big screen smh :-\

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: funk_master_chunk on Oct 02, 2018, 06:24:38 PM

Spot on.

I totally agree. Great book and the whole Stargazer concept opens to a lot of possible scenarios which are true to the creature yet can solve some of its secrets. Though I wouldn't say the character of Dutch can't be replaced, especially with the inprobable case of Arnie returning to the franchise.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Exactly. And the guy took out a predator with mere luck in the end... Doesn't make him an expert on the matter.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Yeah, Harrigan got a lot more hits on a Predator than Dutch did. He'd be a more likely candidate for the capsule.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Shaeffer11 on Oct 02, 2018, 07:46:13 PM
I plan on seeing it again in the theater as it may be the last time seeing the Pred on the big screen smh :-\
We'll get a reboot in 8 years

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Oct 02, 2018, 08:34:26 PM

Exactly. And the guy took out a predator with mere luck in the end... Doesn't make him an expert on the matter.

But if he was going to come back, I think that'd be the most realistic way of him being back. Or another Predator comes and tries to track him down as he's seen as challenge.

Personally, I was hoping Harrigan would crawl out of that pod at the end, though.  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed