AvP Hunting Party DLC

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Dec 14, 2022, 07:34:49 PM

Author
AvP Hunting Party DLC (Read 5,282 times)

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

My issue with it is that it keeps happening and it doesn't have to. Like being the third time they've forgotten to ship dreadlocks. Or how this time they outright forgot to put the correct head on Scar. Like I'd understand it for Celtic and Chopper given we never see their faces, but Scar's is in the files and on the promo art. We've seen his face in the movie!

Though I think my favorite error is the plasmacaster ready animation. It's just the default/Jungle Hunter. And that might be fine to some degree but it's been in the files since City Hunter.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 15, 2022, 08:30:30 AMI can't say I'm impressed with the promo render either. Has anyone actually got this? Be curious to see him in-game (I've not brought either of the last 2 packs).

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Dec 14, 2022, 09:28:58 PMNo maps
No weapons
Not even perks
Not even f**king bug fixes
Just another scam.

Oh yeah, also false advertisement

Yes. All of this. Celtic and Scar have some good stats but its not worth the money and the advantage overall in gameplay is minimal and wait until they get nerfed like City, Valky, Bionic in the future despite FT still being OP.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

So I've realized that Scar's head is very likely under the wrong file.

Basically the bugged out skin as default on "classic" is actually Scar's head. The random red patch and divots on the thighs are my indication. The head and skin being under the wrong file is probably why the default head is here instead of Scar. The head is technically here but in no way the game can call it in. So it resorts to the default for lack of anything else. And since Scar seemingly only has the one unique texture nothing else looks out of place. As a result I can't tell if that's hilarious or sad as an oversight.

And we have precedent for that. When the game doesn't know what to call in we know it uses the default Hunter. So through the mother of all miracles it managed to grab something and kept Illfonic from noticing because technically nothing was wrong on their end.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Dec 18, 2022, 02:47:20 AMAnd we have precedent for that. When the game doesn't know what to call in we know it uses the default Hunter. So through the mother of all miracles it managed to grab something and kept Illfonic from noticing because technically nothing was wrong on their end.

One would say playtesting would have shown something on their end but seems like they didn't test nothing at all and just chucked it into the public right off the oven. 

Wweyland

Wweyland

They really need to do an "Ultimate Edition" with all the DLC included

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed